VIPER DAYS Comes to So Cal - March 25 - 27

Started by ViperX, January 20, 2011, 11:31:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ViperX

VIPER DAYS at CHUCKWALLA
March 26 & 27, 2010
Scroll down for registration and hotel info!

Hello Sidewinders, and those wishing to become Sidewinders!

Viper Days, aka NARRA, is coming to So Cal's Chuckwalla Valley Raceway March 26 & 27 with Test & Tune Friday, March 25.  The track will be run CCW.

For those of you that haven't attended a Viper Days Event, it's the best of the best track events with run groups from beginner (with in-car driving instruction provided), intermediate, advanced and race.

Archer Racing provides support at the track with parts and labor available for most services including tires, wheels, alignment, oil / fluid changes, most mechanical repairs, etc.

For more info on NARRA/Viper Days, go to:  http://dev.narraonline.com/schedule.html

For more info on Chuckwalla, go to: www.chuckwallavalleyraceway.com

Also, for those of you who haven't run Chuckwalla yet and would like to run it before Viper Days, we have an opportunity if we can get enough participation.  Chuckwalla will offer an open lapping day for us on Tuesday, March 15.  We'll need at least 10 cars to get this done, so please let me know ASAP by posting here.  Open lapping days are fun as you can run any time you want during the day while the track is "hot".

I'll post more info as it becomes available.

See you at the track,

Dan  <2

VIPER DAYS / NARRA REGISTRATION:

•   Register by March 4th for Early Registration Rates
   Go here to register: http://dev.narraonline.com/component/jcs/jcs/form.html

HOTEL:

•   CLARION (Previously Holiday Inn Express)
       CUTOFF DATE; March 1st for Event rate $85 + tax
       35-rooms blocked - Free hot breakfast
       CALL: (760) 342-6344 and request "VIPER CLUB" rate

84096 Indio Springs Dr
       Indio, CA 92203

TRACK LOCATION:

Chuckwalla Valley Raceway
       25300 Rice Rd.
      Desert Center, CA

760-227-3100

Speedtactics

Scott Hirko
2016 Viper GT with TA 2.0 package and APR carbon aero package.
2014 GTS track pack with TA 1.0 carbon aero package.
www.speedtactics.com www.facebook.com/speedtactics

Rocketman

I am looking forward to the event!  I missed the day trip that you guys made out there in December; but, I got to drive the track last Saturday with Star Cars.   It was definitely a fun day and a fun track; but, then again, any day at any track counts as a fun day (unless it ends in damage to something ).   I won't be able to make a Feb 26,27 weekend there, though.

See you all in March.
Jim
'02 GTS ACR  Gray/silver

Chandler AZ

redtanrt10

Dan,

I plan on going to Viper days but wish it wasn't at Chuckwalla.  I'll give it an open mind along with my $100 credit from Pahrump, but, going that same weekend to Willow with West Coast racing is very tempting!

Hope you can set up another date to test the track as I'm planning on going to the Speed Ventures event at Fontana on Feb 26/27th. 

Mike

ACRBruce

Is the Car Control Clinic being run in the same March weekend?  So we just run in the CCC while not running in our run group?

PCH VIPER

Quote from: ACRBruce on February 05, 2011, 05:12:06 PM
Is the Car Control Clinic being run in the same March weekend?  So we just run in the CCC while not running in our run group?

Hey Bruce,
The Car Control Clinic is on May 7th at Auto Club Speedway in the outer parking lot (not on a track of any sort)

March 25-27 is the Narra/Viper Days event and is at Chuckwalla Raceway.
www.narraonline.com
Very different than our CCC.  This is a GREAT event for those new to the Viper, or those looking to learn the basics of driving on a track.  Instructors are placed in the car (mandatory for the Green group / available for the intermediate level) and the focus is on driver instruction....NOT racing. 

Every one of the Sidewinders came up through this program (I've gone thru the classes 4 times)  NO, NOT because I kept FLUNKING....because it is a really great way to learn a lot of new techniques and gain some great instruction for Performance Driving.
www.kouchicentral.com  for more viper pictures

ViperX

QuoteEvery one of the Sidewinders came up through this program (I've gone thru the classes 4 times)  NO, NOT because I kept FLUNKING....because it is a really great way to learn a lot of new techniques and gain some great instruction for Performance Driving.

Are you sure about that flunking stuff?  >w

PCH VIPER

Quote from: ViperX on February 07, 2011, 09:43:02 AM

Are you sure about that flunking stuff?  >w

Skip just really liked having me in his classroom !   <K

ViperX

Funny Lance as I went through the "green group" driving class 3 or 4 times too.  =27

Ted

I would love to see this new track but my wife and I will be in Miami!

Btw, I "came up through" NASA, TCCRA, AROSC, Driving Dynamics (??), PCA/POG, Fastrack Riders (bikes), Code School (bikes) and others I cannot remember.  However, I am PROUD to be with the Vipers now!

G-Force aka Garry G

I am coming to this one for sure.  Yes coming in the second or #27 of 33 Viper ACR 1:33 hardcore, now the new one will have a custom Penske suspension.... The other #8 of 33 was totaled at Fontana..  :-(  But insurance covered it all!  :-)

NK BREKR

Hey Gary,

Glad to hear the insurance company made you whole and that you came out of it okay.

redtanrt10

Garry, Sorry to hear your viper was totalled, you really were running great at Fontana.  Glad to hear you found another 1:33, beautiful viper.  See you at the track.   Mike

G-Force aka Garry G

Thanks guys for the support, Yes that day at Fontana was the best driving I have done to date!  Unfortunately the ACR with the KW's didn't like that bump going back on to the roval over the make shift access road... It just kicked out the back end of the car and their was nothing I could do to recover it.  I was totally depressed for quite some time, It felt as I had lost a family member!  But as the Aerosmith song says "I'm back in the saddle again"  And loving it!  Car is almost done.......And this time I am coming out with the latest newest technology from the boys at Pensky...
GG

AKA Hollywood

This is the note I just got from Erick about my new suspension, it should change the standard for us ACR owners..

Hi there Gary!! :^)

I'm awaiting a call back from Penske to let me know the status on your incredibly cool new shocks. :^)  I'm quite enthusiastic to get them too and onto your car.  This will be the first set with the absolute newest technology in internal design that I've had the pleasure of putting on a car.  Truly exciting stuff! :^) :^)  From my last contact with Penkse, they had landed two more Formula One Teams (now that's pretty darned impressive!!!  They now have more top Formula One Teams than all other manufactures of shocks combined!  Pretty top shelf if you ask me! :^)) and they were going pretty nuts in trying to get shocks built up for them.  As soon as I hear, I'll let you know for certain! :^)

This is quite exciting. :^)

Have a fantastic day!

Erik

PCH VIPER

Hey everyone,
If you are planning on attending our one and only Viper Days, you need to call and book your room at the Clarion by MARCH 1st in order to get the special Viper Club rate.

See the first post for details.