VIPER DAYS at Spring Mountain Oct 22, 23 & 24

Started by ViperX, August 02, 2010, 10:08:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PCH VIPER

www.kouchicentral.com  for more viper pictures

Kala

Hey Sidewinders!

A challenge has been thrown at our ACR's from Vette loving forum guys, who say the ACR cant touch the ZR1 record at Spring Mountain  >r
I Hope one of you guys or gals can smash the ZR1 time while you are visiting SM...

This is from a Vette forum, that thread then migrated over to the VCA forum... As usual... LOL
The whole thread is about the Ring record, the ACR not being street legal... ZR1 is a tire change away from taking the Ring record... blah blah blah...

So just in case anyone pulls a great lap time... try to keep track of them.   <2

Here is the post

I will throw a challenge back to you. The ACR does not have the lap record at Spring Mountain. The best published ACR time is ~5 sec behind JJ's 1:40.X. For all those that think the ZR1 on equal tires can't even be close to the ACR, by all means, PLEASE take your stock ACR out to Spring Mountain and beat the stock tire ZR1 time by a significant margin (>1sec). On second thought, just beat the time. Go ahead, otherwise it is just words as you say. See two can play at that game.

Corsa Track exhaust, Lightweight Flywheel, Green Filters, EBC Red Pads, AB's 1200 degree wires (Blue) SVS Shifter, MGW Gripper shift knob, Color Matched Console, MGW trim rings, Racelogic & Dave's Underdrive Pulley going on soon :D

ViperX

Kala and others,

Michael von Quilich holds the sports car record lap times at Spring Mountian and has for quite some time in his 08 ACR, like a couple of years .....on both the 3.1 and 2.7 track configurations.

Would love to see some "vettes" come to Viper Days.  In fact, I've personally invited some supposedly "fast" guys in ZR1's and Z06's to join us.

We'll see how this goes.....

Dan  <2

Kala

Very IN..ter...esting

The guys on this vette forum think one of their members holds the track record @ SM...  >m

It was kinda funny that they didnt have the Ring record, they didn't have the Laguna Seca record... So they went for Spring Mountain...  <

I'll be interesting to see what Michael von Quilich has done  <11
Corsa Track exhaust, Lightweight Flywheel, Green Filters, EBC Red Pads, AB's 1200 degree wires (Blue) SVS Shifter, MGW Gripper shift knob, Color Matched Console, MGW trim rings, Racelogic & Dave's Underdrive Pulley going on soon :D

Banzai Ben

So who all is going to Spring Mountain?
Can you make a list of attendees like you usually do?
Thanks.
2013 SRT Viper, Race Yellow
2003 Viper Comp Coupe, GTS Blue
2005 SRT-10 Ram, Yellow Fever
2018 Hellcat Challenger, Indigo Blue

Redsled

Comparing lap times from the Nurburgring and Laguna Seca with Spring Mountain is a travesty. Let the Vette crowd have their record at Spring Mountain.  Seriously, it is Spring Mountain folks. >w

ViperX

Hey Jonathan,

Spring Mountain is MUCH IMPROVED in recent times.

Can you come out and play?

Dan

Redsled

Quote from: ViperX on October 07, 2010, 08:23:59 PM
Hey Jonathan,

Spring Mountain is MUCH IMPROVED in recent times.

Can you come out and play?

Dan

The car is ready to go.  Just need to get some fresh rubber.  Unfortunately, I will be in Stockton that weekend.  I am looking to play locally this month.  Perhaps Speedventures at WSIR this Sunday or Buttonwillow in a few weeks.

ViperX

Jon,

Maybe Buttonwillow,

Trans broke in ACR.  Apparently 1st gear tooth broke and got into the second and third gear clusters at BW last time out and ruined all three gears.  Don't use 1st gear on track so not sure how this happened.

Trans is out, waiting on parts.

Will post if car is ready to go.

May not be ready for SM in two weeks.

Dan

PS  Bob Blizzard and Michael von Quilich may want to go to BW too.

Pete M

BW too tight for most cars...WS and LS much better..BW was built in 95 as a kart track...

Banzai Ben

Cool! Tanner Foust will be a guest driver in the Cup race. I just saw him drive at the Formula Drift event Saturday which he won. He is awesome and will be fun to watch!  >g
2013 SRT Viper, Race Yellow
2003 Viper Comp Coupe, GTS Blue
2005 SRT-10 Ram, Yellow Fever
2018 Hellcat Challenger, Indigo Blue

DavidSB

Spring Mtn. Hotel Room - Available 10/21 - 10/23
I can't make SM but have a single room reservation at the Best Western for Thursday, Friday and Saturday nights, about $250 total as i recall but will check when in my office Tuesday afternoon. I have until early next week to cancel so email me soon if you want it. I'll be traveling later this week and it may take me a day or two to get back to you.
David Green
[email protected]

CANCELLED RESERVATION. NO LONGER AVAILABLE

Redsled

Quote from: Pete M on October 11, 2010, 06:39:14 AM
BW too tight for most cars...WS and LS much better..BW was built in 95 as a kart track...
3.1 miles is quite a large cart track.  150mph on the back straight way is too tight? Do you drive a Viper or a Caterpillar on the track?  >w

Pete M

150mph on 13CW config??? You been playing too many video games??? >o >o

NK BREKR

Hey Pete,  I would trust Jonathan, since BW is his home track and I have seen how fast he is in his bad ass red GTS.