Drive Buttonwillow with Speed Ventures April 10 & 11

Started by ViperX, January 15, 2010, 10:36:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ViperX

Hey Guys,

Since we had to move our Spring Mountain Track Event from April to June, I thought some of you (Art and others) would like a group driving event in April - so here it is.

We have already rented a garage for this event and the weather in April should be very mild.

As with all Speed Ventures Events, run groups are available for all driving levels.

If there is sufficient interest, we could hire Bob Blizzard and perhaps a few of his driving instructors.  Let me know at your earliest convenience.

See you at the track,

Dan 

For more info and to register go to:  www.SpeedVentures.com

HOTEL INFO:

Best Western Heritage Inn click to check availability

253 Trask Street, Bakersfield, California 93314-9756
Phone: 661/764-6268 | Fax: 661/764-5181

We reserved: 1 King Bed, Microwave and Refrigerator, Coffee Maker, Continental Breakfast, AAA Rate $76.50/night

Click for Map from Hotel to Track

ViperX

Guys, 

More info - Bob Blizzard (Viper Days chief driving instructor - retired) will be available for in car driving instruction this weekend and can bring out a few more instructors if there is demand.

Please let me know if you'd like to attend.  You can call Bob directly for more info at:  1-858-748-0304.

See you at the track.

Dan <2

Redsled

Dan, that's a long drive to Buttonwillow from the hotel in Lancaster  >w

ViperX

Yeah, but we'll be in Vipers!

Maybe we could all stay with you?  Heard you have a big house.

I'm guessing Cathy thought this was Willow Springs when she posted the hotel .....

Will you be driving with us this weekend at your "home track"?

Working to get under 2:00 on 13 CW - may happen that weekend!

Dan

Redsled

Yep, I'm planning on going. 2:00 flat? No problem Dan, I'll be your rabbit. Piece of cake.  If the weather is good, we should have you sub 2:00!
-Jonathan

G-Force aka Garry G

I am coming for sure but will be in my little slow 997 Porsche Turbo (630 hp)!  >o  Still waiting on making the move to get the ACR.....I will have it in the next 2 months for sure.

Rocketman

With the absence of Viper Days, I am trying to find good opportunities to get some track time.  This sounds pretty good, and I'm planning on making the trip over to Buttonwillow to get another weekend fix !  opefully there will be plenty of the SoCal guys there to make it feel less like a S2000 event !

Regards,
Jim Schlemm
Jim
'02 GTS ACR  Gray/silver

Chandler AZ

ViperX

Hey Jim,

Emailed the 52 Sidewinders a couple of days ago.....still looking for responses.

Since you're coming all the way from AZ, maybe that will get a few more guys fired up about this driving event.

Buttonwillow is a very good track to drive, lot's of different features, speeds aren't too high, run off is good and the weather should be pretty good.  Speed Ventures has run groups from beginner to race and instruction is available, so there is opportunity for all.

We'll be in garage #4 aka the Porterfield garage.  Look for my red trailer.

See you at the track,

Dan

Rocketman

I'm trying to get out as much as possible this year, and I now have a trailer; so, the distance is not a big issue, and no more worries about driving home afterwards.

If I lived closer to the fun tracks like the SoCal guys do, I probably would have gotten into tracking my car more often much earlier.  Of course, not having family obligations helps a lot also! 

Jim
Jim
'02 GTS ACR  Gray/silver

Chandler AZ

Redsled

All registered for this Sat.  Also bringing down a buddy in his race GTS as well.  Both cars have passenger seats so we are able to give rides if needed. Dan, you still looking to get sub 2:00 correct? 
-Jonathan

ViperX

Hey Jonathan,

Yes, looking to go sub 2:00 13 CW.

Got to 2:01 last time out but have not been there in a while, so with a little luck and some good weather (and a rabbit to chase), this old dog might just make it.  Will run "old" tires the first session or two, then switch to some new Hoosiers R6s.  Running Sunday too. 

Ross Murray will be there along with Kurt Sollberger (ex comp coupe, now ACR guy) and likely a couple other Viper guys.

We'll be in the usual spot, garage #4 I think (Porterfield's?).

Glad you can make it.

See you at the track,

Dan

kenalker

Hey guys, my CPA just told me that I made good progress on taxes last week, and I can probably go (as long as I'm good this week)!  However, I just went to sign up and they are out of BLUE run-group spots.  I'm on their electronic waiting list.

I noticed that Speed Ventures' web site states that "instruction is required" and it says that there may be more information given when registering.  I could not complete registration since my run group is full.  Anyone know how they work this?

Thanks!
Ken

kenalker

Dave at Speed Ventures just called and I'm in for Saturday!  Now just waiting for a spot to open on Sunday.  I sure hope it doesn't rain.

Kadeuces

Im on the waiting list also for the blue group or purple group.
I hope Dave or Aaron calls me....

Kadeuces

ok guys,
Im in. Just got the call from Dave. Im in the purple group.

Kobi    >j