Drive Buttonwillow with Speed Ventures April 10 & 11

Started by ViperX, January 15, 2010, 10:36:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Banzai Ben

Hey Dan,
Congrats on breaking 2:00! That's awesome!
2013 SRT Viper, Race Yellow
2003 Viper Comp Coupe, GTS Blue
2005 SRT-10 Ram, Yellow Fever
2018 Hellcat Challenger, Indigo Blue

ViperX

Hey Ben,

Wish I could drive Willow with you guys on Thursday - just can't break away right now.

Running under 2:00 at BW is a wild ride in a Viper with a stock seat, very bouncy.  I learned a bunch having Ross ride with me and following Kurt and Jonathan.  In order to run faster times at BW, you have to drive over a bunch of the berms and if you don't pre-load the suspension (on the opposite side of the berm), it can get bumpy!

I'll try to post the video soon as I got that session in HD!

Cathy and a bunch of others watched the last session on Saturday where I ran 1:59 and Kurt ran 1:55.  Jonathan ran a bunch of 2:02's with his wounded engine.  Even with all of the Vettes in attendance this weekend, few Vettes ran with our group as Vipers ruled the race group.  It was pretty cool.

Glad you bought an ACR and not a Vette.....

Dan

PCH VIPER

www.kouchicentral.com  for more viper pictures

ViperX

Hey Guys,

Here's a link to the video taken during session 5 on Saturday at Buttonwillow.  If you watch closely, you can see me bouncing up and down quite a bit.  Kurt and Jonathan both have race seats and they make a huge difference.  The outsides of both of my knees are still bruised three days after this event.

Jonathan starts out ahead of me while Kurt (grey & black ACR) starts our just a bit behind.  There was quite a bit of slower traffic at first and all of us were held up at times.  About 6 minutes into the video, I see Kurt coming, lift, move over a bit and let him pass me at Magic Mountain.  I then start to chase him (to watch his line) and Jonathan.  Kurt just drives away from both of us but I do eventually catch and pass Jonathan.  The last lap is the 1:59 and after I see that lap time in the display dash between turns 2 (off ramp) and 3 (cotton corners), I slow down and do a semi-cool down lap, then head into the pits.

Interesting thing about watching a video like this is that I can see where I can pick up another 3 or more seconds just by driving better.

<2

HD Version

Low Res

ViperX

It's up and working now .....

<2

PCH VIPER

AWESOME !!!  Love the HD version.
So much fun "riding" along with you and remembering all the turns.  Definitely a bumpy ride in spots.
www.kouchicentral.com  for more viper pictures

Scottp

Dan,

That was a great ride - thanks for sharing.

ScottP

NK BREKR

Awesome video and run Dan!  Jonathan was burning up the track too!  I can't wait until I get to go back to BW, can I go on a ride along to refresh my memory, hehe  =15

1HOTACR

Glenn
1HOTV10 - 2014 GTS Striker Green
1HOTACR - 2017 ACR-E