West Coast Racing at Willow Springs March 6 & 7

Started by ViperX, December 09, 2009, 12:51:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NK BREKR

I believe Lance, Justin, Bruce K. and I are planning on stopping by on Sunday for lunch and watch y'all run a few sessions.

Super Villain

Cool!  Just look for the garage with the stripper pole and the dancing girls!   >j

We'll be in the one next to it  <L
"What is best in life?"...."To crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentations of their women!" - Conan

Speedtactics

Well I just called Jim Saxton right now. The message say's they are on for both days. No refunds or credits  =16 soooo...
I guess I'm going on Sunday I hope I can make it on my 888's if it rains I may be ice skating my way there. <Z
Maybe I should put my PS2's back on????
Scott Hirko
2016 Viper GT with TA 2.0 package and APR carbon aero package.
2014 GTS track pack with TA 1.0 carbon aero package.
www.speedtactics.com www.facebook.com/speedtactics

Super Villain

Accuweather.com does not predict any rain on Sun. for Big Willow.  You should be fine.  But if you are worried the PS2s are always a safe bet.  I am running PS2s, but I'm going both days.
"What is best in life?"...."To crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentations of their women!" - Conan

Poison

Did it ever rain this weekend at the track??? >g

Banzai Ben

Hey Poison,

I only went Sunday and when I got there it had just stopped raining so the track was soaked.
The sun came out and it took a few sessions for the track to dry up and the rest of the day was beautiful.
They said Saturday was cloudy and got a little rain once in the afternoon.

Look forward to seeing you out there next time. I can't keep up with you but it's sure fun trying.
I'd like to learn a few things from you.

Ben
2013 SRT Viper, Race Yellow
2003 Viper Comp Coupe, GTS Blue
2005 SRT-10 Ram, Yellow Fever
2018 Hellcat Challenger, Indigo Blue

PCH VIPER

Here are some of the pictures from the track on Sunday.

www.kouchicentral.com  for more viper pictures

PCH VIPER

It was great seeing all the guys out at the track.  I think there was at least 12 vipers out there.

PCH VIPER

No rain at the track, but the clouds were spectacular.

redtanrt10

Lance,

great pictures as always!!  Gald you and the guys made it on sunday.

Great detail work on you ACR, rollbar looks slick and you made a number of great enhancements on the trim.

Still owe you and the family lunch/dinner, I continue to get great compliments on the driving suit.

Mike

ViperX

Nice pics Lance.

Looks like you guys had fun.

Dan

Super Villain

I was slammed with work the week we got back so haven't had a chance to check in.

But yes what a great weekend even with the rain!  It was cold to be sure, but Sat. it only rained once towards the afternoon for about 20-25 mins.  Of course it was in the middle of mine and Mike's session.  I thought about hanging with it, but once I had to use my wipers to see I figured better not chance it and just come in early.  Mike thought the same and we both pulled in.  It was the only session of the day we lost.  By our fourth session, the rain had stopped and the tracked was dried out.

It rained like madness Sat. night and into early Sunday morning.  But it stopped and the track totally dry for my first session at 8:55am.  It remained dry the rest of the day.  A little bit windy, but nowhere near the 30-40mph some sites were predicting.  I only ran 3 sessions on Sunday because I was starting to feel tried towards the end of my run and could feel my reaction time slipping and silly mistakes popping up.  It was really empty towards the end and those who stayed for a 4th session had the track pretty much to themselves.

So it was a great Willow Weekend.  The only bad thing was during the race session when Mike Greenberg's white GTS R crashed.  We were all shocked and speechless when it happened!  Fortunately no one was hurt, but that poor GTS R!  Mike and Bob Blizzard were in a fight for the lead, when Mike pulled ahead and started leading.  As the turns piled up, Mike's lead was solidifying.  At this point they were lapping the entire field and coming up to the slower cars.  Then going down the straight into turn 1, a BMW spun out in front of Mike.  Mike was able to slow the GTS R down, but there was no avoiding it...the GTS R t-boned the BMW.  Bob almost got mixed up in the fray as well, but was able to make it pass.

The aftermath of the GTS R:

" border="0

" border="0

" border="0

" border="0

" border="0

" border="0

We hope you are doing okay Mike and we hope to see the GTS R up and running again.

ViperX

OUCH!

Hard to look at that.

Cathy spoke with Mike G this week and he was fine.

50K damage to the car though.....argh!

Hope to see some Sidewinders at  Buttonwillow in April.

Dan