West Coast Racing at Willow Springs March 6 & 7

Started by ViperX, December 09, 2009, 12:51:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Banzai Ben

I signed up for the event today. I'll probably try the Devonshire motel since it's so close to the track and I'll have my track tires on the car.
See you guys there,
Ben
2013 SRT Viper, Race Yellow
2003 Viper Comp Coupe, GTS Blue
2005 SRT-10 Ram, Yellow Fever
2018 Hellcat Challenger, Indigo Blue

BolsOut

>8
Sent jim an Email, I'd like to go to this one as well...

ViperX

FYI,

Bob Blizzard may be doing his 1 day classroom session on high performance driving / cornering on Friday at the track before this event.  It's worth the $$ and the trip if you can make time for it.

Dan

1HOTACR

Love to be there with the Sidewinders.  But I'm a weekend worker!.  But  If you are interested in having a great
time at a shorter quicker track,  fast paced  with lost's of time on early apex turns break!  late apex exit go! go! go!, threshold breaking, down shifts from four to two,  and quick straights around 95 MPH this may be for you.
Friday  March 5th.

Give me a heads up.

Ill be there !   Glenn................. <m
Glenn
1HOTV10 - 2014 GTS Striker Green
1HOTACR - 2017 ACR-E

Super Villain

>v I spoke with Jim and I will be at WSIR in yellow group for both days.  >g
"What is best in life?"...."To crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentations of their women!" - Conan

PCH VIPER

I'm crossing my fingers and hoping that the rains don't come as forecast this weekend.

If it doesn't rain, I'll head out on Sunday morning to go hang out with the Sidewinders, take some pics  >u, have lunch and then head back.

Let me know if you want to cruise on Sunday.  If it does rain.....then I'm heading to K-1  =15 for some practice  >1
I got waxed last time...  =17
www.kouchicentral.com  for more viper pictures

ViperX

Hey Lance,

Weather forecast looks like 70% rain Saturday / 60% rain Sunday.

I'll make a decision tonight and likely not go.

Too bad, car is ready to go, had a nice hotel and a garage lined up - hate to miss track time due to lousy weather.

Was planning to go for 129.999 this weekend.....

Will post again later tonight.

Dan

redtanrt10

Dan,

Been watching the same, hoping for the best but????

Is it possible to cancel and get a refund?  If it rains do you know what their policy is?

thanks,

Mike

PCH VIPER

www.kouchicentral.com  for more viper pictures

ViperX

Really wish we could get more accurate weather forecasts.

I think West Coast Racing will apply your payment in full to their next event or cancel and send you a percentage back.

If I don't go, I'll just let them apply my $$$ to their next event.

Dan

1HOTACR

I know , I know.  But Friday looks sunny. >w
Glenn
1HOTV10 - 2014 GTS Striker Green
1HOTACR - 2017 ACR-E

Super Villain

I spoke to Jim and the event is running rain or shine.  For those not wanting to attend the two options are 1)they can apply your current entry fee to a future event or 2) refund your money less a 25% fee.

I will be going rain or shine.  They will still be running on the track in the rain.  Everyone will be driving slower and I will just work on my line and a little bit of car control in the wet ;)  I am still running on PS2s so wet is less of an issue for me.

Weather.com seems more aggressive in their chances of rain at 70% and 60% for Sat. and Sun.  While Accuweather.com says 40% and 1%!
"What is best in life?"...."To crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentations of their women!" - Conan

redtanrt10

Antwan,

They won't necessarily be running in the rain.  When we were there for the November '08 event the rain was fairly hard on and off all day.  I ran in the first session 3 laps under yellow with the hope that the cars would dry the track, on the 3rd lap the rain started coming down hard, in turn 8 the rain came in the drivers side window and exited out the passenger side.  At the end of turn 9 leading to the front straight there was a small stream and lot's of mud.  Long story short, we just all sat around and Jim finally called off Saturday around noon or 1 pm.  I don't think that Dan or Michael VonQ ever got on the track, luckily Michael had a nice warm motorhome for all of us to hang out in.  The good news was than on Sunday we had a great day, 1/4 the cars and decent weather with no rain.

Just trying to say that if it is really raining we won't run, spot shower yes, steady rain no.

I really want to go so I'm not trying be negative.  I'll look again tomorrow and decide.  I also would need to cancel the hotel by midnight tomorrow

Let's hope for just some sprinkles Saturday and a good Sunday!!!

Mike

Super Villain

Wow that sucks!  Did he offer you guys any credit for the next event?  I asked Jim about the window down thing as I said if it is raining I don't want to be driving with the windows down...and he said they could be agreeable to letting people drive with windows up.

I guess we'll just check in again tomorrow on the weather.  I am staying with friends so the only thing I need to worry about is the event fee.  But I also don't want to be out there by myself as the lone Viper  >o

So we'll see.

Speedtactics

Hey I don't like you guys talking behind my back!  ^11
Besides I have no idea what your talking about? I never saw a blue Mazda? I did have some blue paint on the front underside of my car? I just thought I got some gum on my car or something. ^8
Anyway this rain thing sucks. The weather keeps looking worse.  60% saturday 70% chance for sunday.
I am only planning on Sunday right now so we'll see..... I wanted to try out my Super Duper brake kit.
Scott Hirko
2016 Viper GT with TA 2.0 package and APR carbon aero package.
2014 GTS track pack with TA 1.0 carbon aero package.
www.speedtactics.com www.facebook.com/speedtactics