Main Menu

SPRING MOUNTAIN - Oct 3 & 4

Started by ViperX, August 17, 2009, 12:26:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ViperX

Hey Track Guys and Gals,

A group of experienced Viper Club "road course" drivers will be be headed to Spring Mountain Motorsports Park for a weekend of driving October 3 and 4.  For more info on the track, go to:  www.springmountainmotorsports.com

Our hosts will be Michael von Quilich, his wife Virginia and friends. 

The weekend's activities include an early BBQ dinner at Michael's place in Pahrump on Friday night, driving all day Saturday (with at least two run groups, i.e. intermediate and advanced running 4 to 5 sessions), group dinner Saturday night in town at Tomasinos (nice new restaurant) and driving all day Sunday.

Track fees as a guest of several members are only $60.00 per day.  This is a super deal at a very nice facility.  If any of the ladies come along, they'll have a very nice clubhouse to "hang out" at complete with munchies, cocktails and a great view of the track. 

Passengers are allowed and must wear helmets.  We'll have to let you know about passenger suits, if required to wear them or not.

Here's the run group plan:

The Radicals run first at 9:00, followed by advanced sports cars at 9:30 and novice/intermediate at 10:00, then repeat the sked.  Lunch is 12:00 - 1:00.  Radicals race, then adv. sports cars at 1:30, followed by novice/intermediate at 2:00, then repeat the sked.  I am bringing both the ACR and the blue car.  I will use the blue car to do the lead follow for the intermediates.  Track goes cold at 4:00, then we go to Switchcars for appetizers and beer until 5:00.     

HOTELS:

The Pahrump Nugget usually has the best deals, their number is  775.751.6500,  681 S. Hghway 160, which is on the corner of Highway 372 (road from Baker) and 160, www.PahrumpNugget.com    Sometimes they sell out, so I suggest making reservations now.  Two other choices are Saddle West,  1220 S. Highway 160,  turn right at 372/160, located on right side of the highway, 800-433-3987,  www.SaddleWest.com.  Best Western Pahrump, 1101 S. Highway 160, also turn right off 372, on left side of Highway 160, 775.751.5100.  www.BestWesternNevada.com

CLICK ME  <I FOR FLYER WITH SPECIAL INVITE & FURTHER DETAILS <I

Driver's list (so far) includes:

1 Dan Everts - Advanced
2 Ben Kawata, DDS - Adv
3 Lance Kouchi -Int
4 Kobi Sial, MD - Int
5 Kurt Solburger & Ross Murray - Adv
6 Art Pena - Int
7 Bruce Conklin - Int
8 Mike Buckingham - Int
9 Bob Blizzard – Adv
10 David Green – Adv
11 Brendon - Adv
12 Jim Schlemm - Int (AZ)
13 Johnny Yuma - Adv (AZ)
14 Justin Davenport - Int
15 John Fuchs - Int
16 Tim and Shelli Jelle - Int
17 Ken Alker - Int
18 Eddie Arguelles - Int
19 Gary Belvedere - Int
20 Pete Martin - Adv
21 Carlos Hernandez - Int
22 Sean Casey - Int (maybe)
23 Hugh Hoard - Int

There will likely be a few drivers from the Nevada Club in attendance this weekend too.

FYI, Cathy and I are planning to "trailer" our car out leaving at about 10:00 AM Friday, October 2.  We could set up a "meeting place" at the Barstow Outlet Mall Center for those of you interested in caravaning.  We'll be there about 11:30 AM and probably eat at Baja Fresh.

Dan  <2

Speedtactics

Dan,
I would like to go but only could make Sunday. Is that possible? I could drive out on Saturday and make it for dinner.
Hirko
Scott Hirko
2016 Viper GT with TA 2.0 package and APR carbon aero package.
2014 GTS track pack with TA 1.0 carbon aero package.
www.speedtactics.com www.facebook.com/speedtactics

ViperX

Yes, come on out.

I'm going to guess that some guys will only run Saturday.

Just let me know for sure that you're coming.

Dan  <2

ticketmered

Put me down as a maybe.  Questions:  1) How do we register? 2) Which hotel are most staying at?  I am right by the 15 and 210 if anyone wants to meet at my house and caravan from here. Let me know if anyone wants to do this and will post my address.  I know in the past the club has used a gas station on Baseline off the 15.

ViperX

Hey Carlos,

Put me down as a maybe. OK.

Questions:  1) How do we register?  Just let us know you're coming.  Payment is to be made to your sponsor, i.e. the $60.00 per day the day(s) you drive.   

2) Which hotel are most staying at?  Not sure on the where.  Need a few others to chime in.  I've stayed at the Pahrump Nugget before and it's OK.  You won't spend much time in your room. 

I am right by the 15 and 210 if anyone wants to meet at my house and caravan from here. Let me know if anyone wants to do this and will post my address.  I know in the past the club has used a gas station on Baseline off the 15.

We'll be stopping at the Barstow Outlet Mall as above.  Gas and quite a few food choices.  We'll likely eat at Baja Fresh.

Dan

ViperX

Hey Guys,

For those of you that would like an advance look at the 3.1 mile Spring Mountain track layout in detail, I recorded a few laps I ran in my GTS ACR last fall for the track configuration that we'll be running on Sunday from my GPS based data logger.  This data will help you learn the track quite a bit quicker and quite possibly safer

It's a big track with lots of turns and will take a few sessions to learn the basic layout.  I remember being a bit frustrated by the number of turns the first couple of sessions myself.  A track "preview" will help you enjoy your weekend.

The track configuration on Saturday is very similar, so it will help you learn most of that track as well, just not the long back straight, which may "test your courage".

I plan to share this info with those in our group that are interested on the Saturday before the event at my house.  I'm thinking Cars and coffee, breakfast and then a track review?

Those of you that are interested, please let me know.

Dan  <2

Kadeuces

Dan

The track review sounds like a good idea.  That track looks complicated.
So we would meet the day before the coronado speed festival?

Kobi

NK BREKR

Carlos,

Ben, Peter and I will be staying at the Best Western.  Once the date draws closer and we know when people are leaving we can setup a caravan with a meeting point in addition to the Barstow Outlet Mall given by Dan.

Dan,

When do you plan on showing the video?  Would it be possible for me to get a sneak preview of it the weekend of the Ventura run, since I'm doubtful for Coronado?  I would ship it back to your place on 9/14.

Radical Guy

I'll be there!   >g

I can sponsor someone on Saturday and I will Sponsor Scott Hirko on Sunday.  I'll be driving my Radical and I can give rides if anyone is interested.

Brent
2004 SRT-10

ViperX

Hi Kobi,

Yes, at my house on Sept 26 after breakfast.

Art,

It's not a video, it's data from my data logger program (Race Pak) which requires specific software (and some knowledge of the program) and is viewed on my computer.  It gives you "car" position on the track, speed, G forces, accel and braking around the entire track.

I showed one of these "laps" for Buttonwillow before we did Viper Days earlier this year at Lance's shop.  I'll try to find a way to "show it" on my LCD TV in the family room so that all can get a good look.

Brent,

Very cool.  See you there.

Dan

RayMcIntyre

Dan,
Sadly I will not be able to make this event.  I will be in Kentucky working on a movie for part of September/October, so if i am home on the weekends, I will be spending time with the family.  The map of the track  looks like fun, especially Saturday...
Have fun,

Ray

Speedtactics

Dan,
I need to pull out. I will not be able to get all my stuff together for this event. I'm working on a big brake upgrade for the GTS and I need to spend the money on that/ I'm shooting for Willow with Jim Saxton.
Scott Hirko
2016 Viper GT with TA 2.0 package and APR carbon aero package.
2014 GTS track pack with TA 1.0 carbon aero package.
www.speedtactics.com www.facebook.com/speedtactics

ViperX

Hey Scott,

Sorry to hear that.

Hope to see you at Willow Springs with the Pantera Club.

Dan  <2

redtanrt10

Art,

Do you guys have a time set on Friday to caravan to Pahrump??? 

Mike

NK BREKR

Hey Mike,

I'll check with Lance to see what his thoughts are.  What time do you have in mind? 

I'm quite sure, well be making a pit stop to pick up Dave Dolan at the Big Boy in Barstow.

In all likelihood, I'll be meeting up with Ben and then we'll meet up with Lance and the rest of the folks.