PANTERA CLUB at WILLOW SPRINGS - Oct 31 / Nov 1

Started by ViperX, July 28, 2009, 11:36:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ViperX

To All,

Come run Willow Springs with the Pantera / Ferrari Club.

Run groups are available for all skill levels and instruction is available.

This is a very friendly group to run with (and is sometimes a bit crowded on Saturday) as prices are very low for two days of driving Willow Springs.

At this event, you'll get lot's of opportunity to practice passing "other cars", like Panteras, Porches, Corvettes, Ferraris, Mustangs, Hondas, etc.....and the weather is usually very good.

For more information, email Jim Saxton of West Coast Racing at:  [email protected] or (626) 285-2024

See you at the track,

Dan   <2

HOTEL:

West Coast Racing has set up a deal with Oxford Suites in Lancaster  (661) 949-3423 (14 Fwy @ K Street)  Mention you are with West Coast Racing Inc.and the rate is $89 a night with a full breakfast.

We'll be staying with the Izards at Homewood Suites by Hilton in Lancaster.  Our AAA rate is $116 per night + taxes.  New facility, nice rooms and it includes breakfast.  Right off of the 14 Fwy at I street.

SoCal Rebell

Hey Dan, I think you can run in the "race" with your ACR the way it is. Unless it's changed I was allowed to run my Gen 2 a few years back with no roll bar. You may wanna check.

BTW, you're right, this event used to sell out fast, 120 cars on a Saturday.

ViperX

So Cal Rebel,

Yeah, they invited me to run in the "race" last time out in my GTS ACR.  I was running in the red-race group but passed on the race.  My GTS would get hot if I ran it hard too long and I didn't want to kill it.

This year I'll run in the red-race group again and may run in the "race" too.  My 09 ACR does have a roll bar and a fire bottle but I still wouldn't want to get hit by a fully caged race car.

You coming out?

Dan

ViperX

Hey Guys,

Bob Blizzard, ex-Viper Days chief driving instructor, is putting together an all day driving instruction class on Friday at Willow Sprigns before this event.

This is an 8 hour classroom session discussing your car's handling.

Price is only $100.00 each or two for $150.00.

More info to come.

Dan  <2

SoCal Rebell

Here are the registration, tech forms and event info if you want to print them out.

ViperX

Hey Guys,

Here's the info on Bob's program :

PERFORMANCE CORNERING SEMINAR
WILLOW SPRINGS
FRIDAY, OCTOBER 30, 2009.  9:00 AM – 5:00 PM

Bob Blizzard will be giving his Performance Cornering Seminar on Friday, October 30th.   This seminar is for road course drivers who want to adopt a proactive approach to rapidly maximizing both their driving skills and their car's potential.   It is designed to enable a driver to fully understand track analysis and suspension dynamics in applying appropriate cornering and braking techniques; to assess car handling while on-track and to adjust tires and suspension components for optimum performance; and to integrate a broad spectrum of understanding in the areas of car preparation and  practice techniques to maximize performance driving proficiency.

This is NOT your run-of-the-mill driving instruction class.  If you are one of the many who have put on fresh tires and/or bought new parts, have driven as fast as you think you safely can around the track and have still not obtained the lap times that you desire, this seminar is for you. 

Visit
www.performancecornering.com
for complete course content.

$100 per individual, or $150.00 for two (bring a buddy or your mechanic).   Call or e-mail Bob direct to sign up, or with any questions.    Sign-up closes Friday, October 23.   

Bob Blizzard
(858) 748-0304
[email protected]
www.performancecornering.com

RayMcIntyre

Dan,
I am signing up for this event (although there is a chance I will not make it if my shooting schedule gets behind).  This may be the one of the few I will make this year, so I am looking forward to it, and hanging out with the viper gang.
Cheers, Ray

ViperX

Hey Ray,

Hope you can make it.

We have reserved a garage for this event so our group can hang together.

Regards,

Dan

1HOTACR

Add me to the list.  I am also going to take the class on Friday if anyone wants to join!

First timer!  Woo Hoo!

Glenn...................

F.Y.I. Sunday, Nov. 1st is the big guy's 56th B-day!!! <w Double Woo Hoo!!!

Steph
Glenn
1HOTV10 - 2014 GTS Striker Green
1HOTACR - 2017 ACR-E

1HOTACR

I had nothing to do with that up above!

F.Y.I.   Antelope Valley Inn is CLOSED!   No more one eyed cocktail waitress  no more Karaoke     >o
sorry Lance .
Planing to stay at the Homewood suites Lancaster.  A few bucks more then the rest but looks very nice.
And Dan there is a professional Baseball field across the street and Cathy it's puppy friendly!

Glenn...............

http://homewoodsuites1.hilton.com/en_US/hw/hotel/PDLHWHW-Homewood-Suites-by-Hilton-Lancaster-California/index.do
Glenn
1HOTACR - 2017 ACR-E

PCH VIPER

The cars in Japan have Karaoke stereos and mics in them....serious.
Takes the stress out of traffic, and if you sing bad and loud enough, everyone gets out of your way.
www.kouchicentral.com  for more viper pictures

ViperX

Hey Gang,

Anyone else going to join "Greased Lightning" and I running this event?

Looks like the first Viper Days event next year will be run at Willow Springs instead of Buttonwillow - trying to avoid rain in late Feb / early March.

Get some practice for VD in at this event. 

See you at the track,

Iceman  <2

1HOTACR

Hey ICEMAN I'm  'Grease Lightning.' On that note I would like to say Thanks for letting me join the Sidewinders
before my debut.  Spent the day cutting holes in the carpet looking for the bolt from the pics "Wing Man" 
posted on installing the six points.  So now can I tell my friends that I have joined a gang?  Leather jackets or Hawaiian shirts?

B T W Happy Anniversary  Dan and Cathy >2
Glenn
1HOTACR - 2017 ACR-E

ViperX

Hey Sidewinders,

Looks like Michael "Deadhead" von Quilich will be joining us along with "Bullet" Bob Blizzard.

Iceman  <2

Banzai Ben

I signed up for Sunday only. This will be my first time on the track with the new car so excuse me if I'm running off pace with you other red group guys.
Ben
2013 SRT Viper, Race Yellow
2003 Viper Comp Coupe, GTS Blue
2005 SRT-10 Ram, Yellow Fever
2018 Hellcat Challenger, Indigo Blue