PANTERA CLUB at WILLOW SPRINGS - Oct 31 / Nov 1

Started by ViperX, July 28, 2009, 11:36:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Poison

Thanks to all I met, very warm welcome...I would love to see more pics of us from this weekend also!!

>l

ViperX

Hey Paul,

The good news is you were running very fast on a hot, mediocre track day.

The bad news is, of course, the the V700's won't hold up very long at your driving level.

I'd try the Hoosier R6's next.  Call Luke at Tire Rack:  800-428-8355 x362 and tell him I sent you.  Best prices and great service.

Don't forget to have them heat cycled as it is well worth the price.

And let me know where your tires corded and your alignment specs - maybe I can help you a bit with tire wear.

Willow Springs can be very hard on tires if you're driving fast in a Viper.

See you at the track.

Dan  <2

Poison

I'll take some pics of the corded one's and try to post them here..... >l

Poison

Poison

MORE PICS

ViperX

Hey Paul,

You chunked your Kumhos big time.

One thing that will help is shaving them and heat cycling them before you run.  Another is checking tire pressures regularly.  They seem to like about 35 or 36 psi hot.

Even with all of the above, you just ran too fast for them!

I ran Kumho Ecsta V700s on my GTS for about a year, then began chunking them at about 1:35 Willow Springs lap times.  One of my tires lost a 4 x 6 inch piece of rubber right out of the center at Willow Springs one day.

I suggest you step up to the Hoosier R6s and have them heat cycled.  They are pricey but won't chunk at your driving level.  You can still cord the inside or outside edges without a proper track alignment though.

Call Luke at Tire Rack, 800-428-8355 x362

Tell him I sent you.

Dan

Poison

Ordered the R6's Dan for Fontana!!!   Thanks..... =15