DAVE'S FINAL RUN at WSIR with the COBRA CLUB - October 24th

Started by ViperX, July 21, 2009, 10:08:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ViperX

THE TRIP TO WSIR IS A GO - SO PLEASE MARK YOUR CALENDARS

One of Dave's last wishes was to have his ashes spread at Willow Springs Raceway. 

On October 24th will be joining the Cobra Club at Willow Springs to do this for Dave.

We'll set up several meeting points, drive up to Willow Springs as a group (arrive around 4PM), we'll do "sedan laps" i.e. slow laps around the track for the Viper and the Cobra guys who knew Dave, and allow Arlene and likely son Jeff to stop and scatter Dave's ashes as they see fit. 

Lynn Parks who heads up this COBRA event has offered that at the end of the day, 5PM'ish, we can do our drive around and when we return to the pits, he'll provide beer for one last toast to Dave "OGO" Cawthorne.

Afterwards, we're planning dinner on the way home at BJ's Restaurant in Palmdale (at the Antelope Valley Mall) for an All-You-Can Pizza, Salad & Pasta – Soft drinks, tea and coffee included for $18 per person.

CARAVAN (click for directions)

This caravan starts in Irvine, and makes stops in Sylmar and Lancaster, then to WSIR. 

IRVINE:         Depart:   1:00p.m.    6783 Quail Hill Pkwy, Irvine  (Shady Canyon, STARBUCKS)
SYLMAR:        Depart   2:30p.m.     12881 Encinitas Ave, Sylmar  (Roxford CHEVRON/Denny's)
LANCASTER:  Depart 3:30p.m.       1860 W Avenue I, Lancaster  (CHEVRON)
WSIR:           Arrive 4:00p.m.          3500 75th St W, Rosamond (WSIR)
DINNER:       7:00p.m.                    1325 W Rancho Vista Blvd, Palmdale (661) 538-9040 (B.J.'S)

Please, let us know if you plan to attend dinner so that I can give BJ's a headcount.

RUN & DINNER

Arlene Cawthorne + 6
Bill O.
Bruce C.
Dave Dolan
Dan & Cathy
Don & Debbie
Drew & ?
Jim B.
Jim & Judy Kenehen
Kala R.
Lance Kouchi
Mike & Cheryl Sinkinson
Mike Greenberg
Mike V.
Nino and Ruth
Glenn & Steph I.
Richard P.
Sean Casey
Steve & Jackie
Tony & Sherrie C

>q

PCH VIPER

Our calendar shows the Pumkin Run on October 24th.

The run to WSIR for OGO should definitely run in it's place.
I'm in for and can help in any way that is needed.

For once everyone will be running WSIR at my speed !

L
www.kouchicentral.com  for more viper pictures

ViperX

Yeah,

The Great Pumpkin Run can be re-scheduled or we can do this in it's place.

Would be nice to get the Cobra Club to work with us on this one for Dave and family's sake.

Dan

PCH VIPER

Quote from: ViperX on July 21, 2009, 12:47:22 PM
Yeah,

The Great Pumpkin Run can be re-scheduled or we can do this in it's place.

Would be nice to get the Cobra Club to work with us on this one for Dave and family's sake.

Dan

Do you already have a contact in the Cobra Club?
If not, I know a couple guys in the Viper Club that are also members in the Cobra club that could do the work for us.

Has anyone contacted WSIR about "the plan" ?  I assume that this is private property.

ViperX

Hey Lance,

Repsones in Viper RED.

Dan

"Do you already have a contact in the Cobra Club?"  No, I don't, but Arlene should.  Bob Blizzard is also a member.

"If not, I know a couple guys in the Viper Club that are also members in the Cobra club that could do the work for us."

This could be helpful, please go ahead.

"Has anyone contacted WSIR about "the plan" ?" 

Not yet.

"I assume that this is private property." 

Yeah, I think so. Dave was good friends with the owner so I doubt that there will be an issue.  Let's see if the Cobra guys will go for this first.

Kala

Corsa Track exhaust, Lightweight Flywheel, Green Filters, EBC Red Pads, AB's 1200 degree wires (Blue) SVS Shifter, MGW Gripper shift knob, Color Matched Console, MGW trim rings, Racelogic & Dave's Underdrive Pulley going on soon :D

ViperX

All,

We've made some progress since I last posted.  The Cobra Club was very supportive of this idea and actually said that they have done this before.

We can run a lap or two, stop as a group in turn 2 (or where ever Arlene would like), get out of our cars and let the family scatter Dave's ashes.

If the group would like, we could stop somewhere for dinner on the way home.

Ideas?

Dan

PCH VIPER

We are likely going to have a pretty big group   <1

I wonder if that mexican restaurant that we ate at a couple miles from WSIR would be able to handle us all?

or maybe we just go to Art's pad and Cynthia can cook for us all   >1

Banzai Ben

2013 SRT Viper, Race Yellow
2003 Viper Comp Coupe, GTS Blue
2005 SRT-10 Ram, Yellow Fever
2018 Hellcat Challenger, Indigo Blue

Kala

I probably should have said +1  <B

Hey PCH... I think Art & Cynthia's pad sounds good too  ^8 Post up a mapquest will ya!  =6
Corsa Track exhaust, Lightweight Flywheel, Green Filters, EBC Red Pads, AB's 1200 degree wires (Blue) SVS Shifter, MGW Gripper shift knob, Color Matched Console, MGW trim rings, Racelogic & Dave's Underdrive Pulley going on soon :D

NK BREKR

I'll tell Cynthia to work only 4 hours of OT on that Saturday, she should still be able to whip up a 5 course meal for the club.  Oh and she takes requests too including dessert  =26

ViperX

Hey Art,

This sounds like a very good idea.  Is 60 for dinner OK?

Some of those pastries for desert sound good too .....

<2