Buttonwillow with Speed Ventures April 18, 19

Started by ViperX, April 09, 2009, 05:00:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ViperX

Hi Guys,

Just signed up to run Buttonwillow with Speed Ventures.

They are running Race 13 CW.

Good group to run with - we'll be running with them in June at Auto Club Speedway.  They offer beginner, intermediat and advanced run groups.

For more info:  www.speedventures.com

Planning to wring out the new ACR some more.

See you at the track,

Dan  <2

Redsled

Dan, bring those 305 Toyos to the track.  I will plan to run on Sat only.

ViperX

ViperX

Wow,

You guys missed a great Saturday, weather was warm but not too hot.  Sunday got a bit hot.

ACR ran very strong and I think I was the fastest street car there this weekend, though my best was only a disappointing 2:02.  There were a few race cars that ran faster.  One race Porsche ran 2:01 and Jonathan ran 1:57 in his race GTS.  There may have been a few others.

Conclusion after this weekend is that I need to put a race seat in this car to go faster - left knee badly bruised from trying to hold myself in place through all of BW's twisties.

Pete Martin came up on Sunday and ran in his ACR.  I took him out for a ride to show him the line.  Ran 2:03 on one hot lap with Pete in the car.  This could have been my chance for a 2:01 (if empty - Pete is no little fella at 220 lbs.) but we had fun chasing Jonathan.  Tires were starting to melt during that run so we packed up and headed home after that run.

Dan  <2

PCH VIPER

Nothing "disappointing" about a 2:02 in my book !

Glad to hear you guys had fun...it wasn't any cooler here.
www.kouchicentral.com  for more viper pictures

NK BREKR

Third time will be the charm Dan for the 1:5X lap. >v

ViperX

Thanks guys,

Next time, after a few practice sessions, I'll install fresh Hoosiers and we'll go for the 159.99999, sans passenger.

Dan

Redsled

Thanks for the tires Dan.  Who says you can't run a 305 on the back of a Viper?  <1

ViperX

Hey Guys,

This is one of those funny things you have to have been there for, but I'll relay it anyway.

Jonathan shows up Sunday morning to run with us, goes out the first session and is slow as molasses - so I figure I'm going to own him.  I slowed down purposely so he could catch up and drive together, but he pulled off track and went back to the pits.

He changes his rear tires - they were completely shot - installs a pair of newer 305 Toyo R888s (yeah, 305s on the rear) that I sold him, comes out the next session and he's a monster again in his GTS, literally passing everyone, everywhere, corners included, including yours truly.  Good tires really make a difference, even 305s.

Dan

Super Villain

Quote from: ViperX on April 22, 2009, 11:26:55 AM
Hey Guys,

This is one of those funny things you have to have been there for, but I'll relay it anyway.

Jonathan shows up Sunday morning to run with us, goes out the first session and is slow as molasses - so I figure I'm going to own him.  I slowed down purposely so he could catch up and drive together, but he pulled off track and went back to the pits.

He changes his rear tires - they were completely shot - installs a pair of newer 305 Toyo R888s (yeah, 305s on the rear) that I sold him, comes out the next session and he's a monster again in his GTS, literally passing everyone, everywhere, corners included, including yours truly.  Good tires really make a difference, even 305s.

Dan

Ha!  Good one!  And he's picking up another set of 305s from me this Sun. ;)
"What is best in life?"...."To crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentations of their women!" - Conan