Camp Pendleton with Corvette Club May 2nd

Started by ViperX, April 09, 2009, 03:53:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ViperX

THIS EVENT IS LIMITED TO THE 1ST 20 30 VIPERS TO SIGN UP
(Space at the car show location is limited)

Hey Guys and Gals,

Received the following from the local Corvette Club:

Dan

My name is Mike Stevenson.  I'm the president of Corvettes in Motion (Mike is also a retired Marine) and we would like to invite you to our event.

TRIP TO:
THE WOUNDED WARRIOR BATTALION
CAMP PENDLETON, CALIF

CORVETTES IN MOTION of Oceanside invite your members to show their cars in a ONE OFF EVENT.

The Marines of the Wounded Warrior Battalion West at Camp Pendleton have given so much to Our Country and of themselves, that we wish to give a little back to these brave Americans by showing our cars and giving them a simple meal. What better way to show our appreciation then to "take" them a car show?

This event will be on May 2nd, Saturday at 10:00 am to about 3:00pm. We will be leaving from the parking lot of Hometown Buffet, in the K-Mart shopping center at 76 and College, Oceanside CA at 9:30 to go to the Marines Battalion. Leaving and entering the base together is required for base security reasons. You will also need your driver license, registration and insurance papers in your vehicle.

There are NO TROPHIES except the thanks that will be from these American Heroes and their families and the warm feeling in your heart for giving them a wonderful afternoon. There is however a small fee: one pack of hotdogs and a pack of buns per car to share with the Battalion. Homemade salads/beans and things are always welcome as donations. We plan on feeding you and the Marines. Parking will be on grass and roads. The Marines will lend us their BBQ area and facilities.

From the clubs I would like a representative to keep in touch with to make this a great experience for all.  I will need a close count by April 24th.

My info is:

Michael Stevenson Cell 760-586-0656
E-Mail [email protected]

If you're interested in attending, please reply here or email Lance Kouchi at [email protected] by April 24th.  Lance will coordinate the SoCal Viper Club attendees with Mike Stevenson of the Corvette Club.

Planning to attend...

1.  Lance Kouchi     
2.  Dan Everts     
3.  Art Pena     
4.  Curtis Roettger     
5.  Carlos Hernandez   
6.  Craig and Lisa Andrews
7.  Tony & Sherrie C
8.  Craig & Dolly P   
9.  Anthony Matranga
10. Tom and Shawn
11. Jim & Judy K.   
12. Richard & Charlene P.     
13. George & Diane         
14. Ron Sulpizio         
15. Greg Gunther             
16. Paul & Pam           
17. Andy Mercado     
18. Dave & Lisa     
19. Gary Chilcote       
20. Jim Becker     
21.  Steve Cifelli
22.  Scott Pennington
23.  Mike and Cheryl
24.  Kurt Klimple   
25.  Kathy Klimple / Tim   
26.  James Schaffer   
27.  Nino & Ruth
28.  Ron & Mary   
29.  Michael and Sarafina           
30.  Andy Weiss     
31.  Andy Weiss 2nd car         
32.  Mystery Guest

PCH VIPER

www.kouchicentral.com  for more viper pictures

ViperX

Unfortunately, this event takes place at the same time as our club visit to Meguiars.

I've let the Corvette Club Prez know, so he's not expecting a large turn out from us.

Dan

NK BREKR

Yo Lance,

I'll head out with you! <m  If I need my Viper detailed I can always bribe Newport Viper to do it >g

PCH VIPER

Oh man I forgot about Meguiars.....I need to get a P.A. like Kala !

ViperX

Cathy is planning a visit to her mom's that day, so I'll be solo.....no plans yet, been to the Meguiars clinic before.

Might make this one if there is enough interest within our group.

Very moving visit last trip.

Let me know,

Dan  <2

NK BREKR

Hey Dan,

Newport Viper can cover the event.  You can send Drew to the class to learn about the latest techniques and products and then he can have plenty of practice on the 4 Vipers, sounds like a win-win to me  >g

I agree that our last trip to see that Marines was very moving, so I'm in.   Slow Eddie will not be able to make it, since he is working.  I will call Jim in Burbank to see if he wants to come out with us.

Newport Viper

Hey guys,

If you cancel out of the Meguiar's event, make sure you post the cancel on their website to let others get a spot because there is a wait list now.
04 SRT-10

ticketmered

I will go, sign me up. This is a small price to pay for what the Marines and all of our armed forces do for us. I will be more than honored to shake their hands and say thank you.

65cuda

Count me in for this.  It is home turf and I know where the battalion is located.  Plus, it is always nice for Marines to see one of their own show up in his Viper.   >3  Now if I can just get it clean after using it as a daily driver for the last three months....

Curtis
SSgt USMC
Red 94 RT/10

PCH VIPER

This is a great event to support and I'm hoping that there will be a good showing of Vipers.

Please add to the list of attendees:
Tony and Sherrie
Craig and Dolly
Anthony

PCH VIPER

For anyone that wants to caravan down to Oceanside from the OC area....
I'll be at Meguiars at 8:00 am in Irvine and will leave for Oceanside around 8:20.

Please let me know if you are planning on attending.
Thanks,
Lance

PCH VIPER

PCH VIPER

Please add George / Diane to the list

ONLY 7 SPOTS LEFT !!!!