Main Menu

Buttonwillow June 6-7 $99/day

Started by Redsled, March 24, 2009, 09:02:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Redsled

A good opentracking group will be at Buttonwillow on June 6-7 for $99/day.  I've run with them numerous times.  The owner is a Viper owner and is on the VCA.  The group is well run and the price can't be beat. 

http://www.ncracing.org/events.php

ViperX

Hey Jonathan,

That's a great deal.  How crowded does it get?

We've got our Car Control Clinic at Fontana the next weekend but I still might make it.

ACR is coming along set up wise.

I'm hoping to be sub 2 minutes at BW by then.

Dan  <2

NK BREKR

Redsled

He usually gets a good crowd, but he does limit the number of entries.  As it does get warm in June, I would reserve a garage now.  I spoke to Luc last night and the configuration will be full course w/Star Mazda and Bus stop,  counter clockwise.  I do believe you get 5 sessions per/day.  Hope to see some Vipers there.  Dan, get that ACR squared away so we can see what it can do!

Newport Viper

Johnathan,

How would this event be for the rookies out here?

$99 for track time is really great!
04 SRT-10

ViperX

Dave,

BW is a great track for rookies, not too fast - lot's of turns and technical areas - good run off if you screw up, very few rocks, mostly dirt and grass.

Just start out slow and have fun. 

You'll likely go a bit faster every session with a little help from your friends.  >v

Dan  <2

Redsled

Quote from: Newport Viper on March 26, 2009, 09:38:01 AM
Johnathan,

How would this event be for the rookies out here?

$99 for track time is really great!

Dave, this group would be perfect for a rookie.  They always have good instruction/classtime for rookies.  I'm also an instructor for this group so I could also work with you if you register for the event.  Buttonwillow is a great track to learn on.

Redsled

Still room available for Vipers.  There will be 4 racing GTS's and 2 Comp Coupes playing.  2 of the GTS's and 1 of the Comp Coupes have passenger seats so rides will be available.  I have also rented out garage #8 so stop on by, grab a cold drink, etc.  Dan, are you going to make this one?
-Jonathan

ViperX

Hey Jonathan,

Probably not.  We have a Viper Club car control clinic on the infield track at Fontana June 13 and 14.  Should have 20 or so cars......and it may get a bit warm at BW.

Have fun,

Dan

Redsled

Quote from: ViperX on May 18, 2009, 10:39:43 AM
Hey Jonathan,

and it may get a bit warm at BW.

Have fun,

Dan

Mid 80's all weekend Dan.

ViperX

Yeah,

Weird weather lately, only in the 60's here today and forecast to be 60's for the remainder of the week.

<2