Dyno Day at Stack Performance, April 5, in Anaheim

Started by ViperX, March 09, 2009, 04:47:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MFujita

Justin and I will be there this Sunday to check out the facility.

Mike Fujita

Vinamus

Gary & Melissa

ViperX

redtanrt10

Quote from: ViperX on April 02, 2009, 11:57:52 AM
Hey Mike,

Just spoke with Stack and firmed everything up for Sunday.

Good news, they have a Star Scan and can install your Mopar race computer for you!

Perhaps we can do a before dyno (early AM), take your car out for a ride and then do an after?

Dan

Dan,

Great news!!! I called them Wednesday to tell them I'll pick up my KW's at the event.  Ryan is on vacation but they said he'd be back for the dyno event.  Glad to hear they have the scan tool.

Can you bring 8 gallons of 100 to the event (kidding!)

See you there, thanks for the great news!!

Mike

Plan

ViperX

Hey Mike,

I'll likely make C & C in Irvine tomorrow morning, about 7:45 - 8:00 ish; then cruise up the coast to Beach Blvd, north on Beach to a gas station at a car wash on Beach and Garfield that sells 100 unleaded.

I'll top off my tank there with 100 and head home.  You are welcome to tag along if you'd like.

Should make for a 40% or so mix, good for the dyno day on Sunday.....after all, I bet Kobi one entire diet coke that my car would make more HP than his car - high stakes indeed!

Dan  <2

swisspower

Hi Everybody!
Please sign me up for checking out the facility and lunch.Unfortunately, I won`t be able to dyno my car (it is at the shop). >o

Thanks
Peter Hausherr AKA Swisspower

Vinamus

>:D Hey Dan,
Just for the record,(or head count) Melissa's not planning on being at this event, and I did plan on Dynoing my car if there's time? =15
Gary & Melissa

PCH VIPER

I've got pictures from our visit at Stack Performance posted on my website.   www.kouchicentral.com

Here are a few of the pictures:

www.kouchicentral.com  for more viper pictures

PCH VIPER

It was great meeting more Viper Owners,  some brand new and some old.

New Club Member Shanin

New  owner Shai.   On our way home from WZR, we stopped at a gas station in Barstow and this guy pulls up and starts asking all kinds of questions.....Next day buys a Viper !!!!  I guess we said the right thing  >v

New Club Member Juan

old timer Caz and his '93

Jeff and his daughter

It was Father Daughter day.....Brianna, Jessica and Halie

PCH VIPER

Newport Viper

Fun day! Looking forward to seeing the results!

Sai's car!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l_diD43YaC4

Mine 461 RWHP, 489 RWTQ

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JBw5NiJldH8

Ballernia Power!

04 SRT-10

redtanrt10

ViperX

Hey Mike,

Interesting looking at the numbers.

Here's how it came out between you, me and the Stack car (from memory):

Stack car, 595 rwhp, 575 rwtq, Belangers, Corsa Track 3.0 inch exhaust, Mopar ECU, stock tires / gear ratio, 114 decibles

Your car, 587 rwhp, 550 rwtq, Belangers, Magnaflow 20 inch muffler (Belanger 2.5 inch exhaust with 3 inch tip) stock tires / gear ratio, 114 decibles

My car, 576 rwhp, 550 rwtq, Belangers, OE 28 inch muffler (2.5 inch exhaust) 18 inch rear tires (equal to about 3.33 ratio - so some minor power loss there), 112 decibles.  92.4 degrees F on the dyno sheet during the run.

From this I conclude / guess the following:

1 - The Corsa Track offers some benefit in torque over the other 2.5 inch options.  It may offer some hp, not sure from this data.  It is supposed to drone less but is not quieter outside the car at WOT than the Belanger set up.

2 - Not sure how beneficial the Mopar computer is other than eliminating check engine lights.  This would require you to run your car again with the Mopar computer under the same weather conditions and me to run mine again with the OE tires / wheels on the car.

3 - The OE muffler is 20% quieter than either of the other muffler combinations at WOT and there is little or no drone, but it costs some hp up top.  Not real sure how much as with the shorter tires on my ACR, this may be the entire hp difference between you and me.  I doubt that the shorter tires cost me more than 10 or 12 rwhp (1 to 2%) so the Corsa's would seem to be the difference between my ACR and the Stack car.

Not sure why the dyno's measure different hp / tq numbers with changes in tire sizes or gear ratios but I know that it is real.

Another interesting fact, one of the new 2008 cars "dynod" at 561 rwhp bone stock with 700 miles on it.  That is one strong car.  These cars do vary and this demonstrates that fact.

Finally, on a road course, neither you nor I would notice a 10 or 20 rwhp difference - Tommy Archer might.  We might notice the 25 rwtq difference though.....

Know anybody with a Corsa Track for sale????

Dan   <2

hemotox

question is what did the Heritage Ford GT run and who owns it ?
>v

2008 SRT10 Coupe Snake Skin Green with Silver Stripes, only 17 produced in 2008

redtanrt10

Dan,

Nice write up, thanks! 

All things being equal I guess the Corsa track makes a difference.

Would have wished you had 19's and run right after me at 87 degree heat.  I figured the ecu was worth 10-15 hp and I'll bet your graph has more power quicker in the band, we'll have to compare.

Interesting comment on the CEL.  Driving back on the 55 I noticed the CEL was gone!  I don't think Ryan flashed it so maybe running it hard on the 3 pulls cleared it??

I'm going to have them put in the ECU, maybe next week.  then maybe I can get back there in a few more weeks on a 90 degree day w/low humidity.

Thanks for setting this event up!!!!!!

Mike