Dyno Day at Stack Performance, April 5, in Anaheim

Started by ViperX, March 09, 2009, 04:47:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ViperX

Hey Mike,

Capo Dodge, Orange County CJD, Tustin Dodge and Tuttle Click Dodge all have a Viper tech or two.  It's a long ride into DC for this.

There is a short drive involved to set up the computer but it is a relatively short procedure - you should be able to wait for it.

Either way, it would be interesting to know the "before" and "after" results on your car.

Dan  <2

redtanrt10

Dan, thanks!  the guys at capo have done warrantee work before and I don't have any issues with them. I'll be at Stack for the dyno event and then maybe take the computer locally, get back to stack in 30 days to see the difference.

Newport Viper

Quote from: redtanrt10 on March 30, 2009, 10:45:24 AM
Dan, thanks!  the guys at capo have done warrantee work before and I don't have any issues with them. I'll be at Stack for the dyno event and then maybe take the computer locally, get back to stack in 30 days to see the difference.

Glad you are coming, I want to see those custom stripes on your SRT!
04 SRT-10

ViperX

Mike's car looks and runs very good.

Love that color combo, red with silver stripes.

Selling my 2001 GTS ACR if anyone is interested.

Car will be mostly stock shortly, except for the 600 hp, bigger brakes,  SSR wheels, larger radiator and extra cooling fans, adjustable shocks, Archer Racing sway bars, Eibach springs, Accusump, etc.

Dan  <2

ViperX

Weather looks good for Sunday, 70 and sunny.

Need to rustle up a few more Vipers .....

Dan

Newport Viper

Looking forward to it!

C'mon Guys and Girls sign up ....$500 for the club!
04 SRT-10

PCH VIPER

Angel will be there too, but will not have his car dyno'd.
www.kouchicentral.com  for more viper pictures

6 speed

SRT Viper

VIPER28

ViperX

Good group developing - looking forward to it.

You know, most of us have had our cars "dynoed" at DC.  It would be interesting to know the difference in the two dynos, i.e. does DC's dyno report lower or higher numbers than Stack's????

Dan

Super Villain

I'll be there for the Dyno...and food ;) 

I am also working on a write up on exhaust systems upgrades I just did.  So if you have a Gen 3 and have done some exhaust upgrades, let me know as I will be shooting video to get together some comparison tests.  I'll also need one stock Gen 3 to do as a baseline.

Would be good to get video of the different systems idling, revving, etc. and then dyno runs too.  I'll have my decibel meter with me to quantify loudness and my laser heat gun to confirm hotter or cooler running systems.

I'll have my friend Anthony with me to help with the equipment and video.
"What is best in life?"...."To crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentations of their women!" - Conan

ViperX

Anhtuan,

I'll try and get a driver for my 06 coupe (Cathy's foot surgery precludes her).

It has Belanger headers, high flow metallic cats, OE muffler and 2 3/4 side exhaust.  I too have researched exhaust systems extensively for the Gen III cars and this is the best all around system that I've come up with. 

It is reasonably quiet at idle and cruise, yet plenty loud at WOT.  It will be interesting  to see the current power level.

Also, I've asked Rev, aka Michael Burgoyne, to bring his 03 which has Belangers, high flow ceramic cats and Magnaflow (Belanger supplied) mufflers with side exhaust.  It's too loud for me but some seem to like it.

This should be fun if we can get a few other exhaust variations.

Dan  <2

NK BREKR

I'll be eating and checking out the facility too. =19

In the event that we don't have the 20 needed, I will dyno my Viper.

ViperX

Hey Mike,

Just spoke with Stack and firmed everything up for Sunday.

Good news, they have a Star Scan and can install your Mopar race computer for you!

Perhaps we can do a before dyno (early AM), take your car out for a ride and then do an after?

Dan