5th ANNUAL POLAR BEAR RUN - January 31st

Started by admin, January 03, 2009, 01:15:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

racecars

Quote from: hemotox on February 02, 2009, 12:04:43 AM
I had 1496 leaving west LA and now have 1820,  that is 324 miles.  That is 1/5th of my total mileage on OGO's run!

Hey Doc,

But OGO is worth it  >r >1 <2

OGO  O> O> O>

hemotox

OGO,

Tell Race Yellow Ricardo that I spent the evening cleaning the wheels!  Since the SSG snake has not been exposed to much H20 and the non water washing of the car continues to work well, I finally decided to put some H20 on the wheels!  He would be proud!

2008 SRT10 Coupe Snake Skin Green with Silver Stripes, only 17 produced in 2008

Newport Viper

04 SRT-10

hemotox

The only way to completely clean the wheel is I guess to remove it and do the inside?

Newport Viper

Quote from: hemotox on February 05, 2009, 12:48:37 AM
The only way to completely clean the wheel is I guess to remove it and do the inside?

If you going to go to those depths.....http://www.autogeek.net/derewiwhbr.html
04 SRT-10

ViperX

EJ,

You can spray wheel cleaner in there and use a slender brush, then hose it out.  Does a pretty good job.

I still remove the wheels pretty regularly to clean them.  If you wax them while they are off the car, clean up becomes much easier.

D

hemotox

will get a plastic coated bottle brush slender design and give it a try. 

hemotox

Found some excellent soft malleable wheel brushes at Pep Boys, soft, no wire, microfiber coated. Now the wheels on the SSG are dinner plates.  You can shave using the inside as a mirror.  Good advice!  Another question?  Anyone with an 08-09 viper with satellite radio?  Made some "Wolfman Jack" mp3 audio discs for the Palomar Mtn Run.  They were excellent, was curious if anyone has the XM radio option and how does it work with engine noise, etc.  My Wolfman Jack mp3 files are 2 hours long, ripped from the Satellite TV created DVDs.  So they tend to cover most trips.

May have to offer some of the Wolfman listening on the next cruise to anyone is interested in some great audio cruising music? You would have to prove you are old enough to remember the "Wolfman".

"You got the Wolfman, Jack"?

Right, OriginalRoot? 
>r >t >g

PCH VIPER

>1
We have radios in our cars  =5

I only know Wolfman Jack from American Graffiti .
www.kouchicentral.com  for more viper pictures

hemotox

Probably the most famous DJ ever, on 60's XM 10:00-Midnight M-F,  ROCKS

Mr. Fangs

The Wolfman sounded like he gargled with rocks.

A classic for us O>

AAaaahoooooo~
Paul & Teresa 09 Coupe

ViperX

EJ,

We have the OE "Sirius" satellite radio in our 06 and it's perfectly clear.

Didn't get that option in the 09 ACR as I don't plan on driving it on any long trips - too stiffly suspended.

Dan

hemotox

I will pursue the Sirius Radio at my oil change.  Your ACR should play MP3 files if it is the similar radio that is in my 08.  I will make you some Wolfman Jack cds for the run to Button Willow.  one CD should last the whole trip up if in the mp3 format.

hemotox

Quote from: Newport Viper on February 08, 2009, 02:52:58 PM
You can also get this stuff from Dave.

http://www.davesbigbrakes.com/www.davesbigbrakes.com/Maintenance_Items____/Pages/Wheel_Wax.html

Not the way I do it.  Perfect 2 hour audio shows in mp3 format.  Run about 80-100 megs, can get up to 10-12 hours of the Wolfman on one CD with your player has mp3 options.  "You got the Wolfman, Jack?"  Great for crusing.