The 6th Annual New Years Day Tour d'Orange!

Started by Newport Viper, December 21, 2008, 12:36:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Newport Viper

I got this hand out at Cars and Coffee..... >v

Join us for a two hour tour through some of the OC's best two lane roads. Find out why more than 200 cars have participated in this event. This year's course has a few new twists to it! Be sure to be at Fisher and Redhill 9 AM Jan. 1st 2009. when we will pass out the new maps. While everyone else is sleeping in, the roads will be empty!!! Everyone is invited, all cars welcome. No Charge, free maps good roads and good fun.

Go to www.bench-racing.com for more information.  <2

http://rides.webshots.com/photo/2835618480096101482FyDTqT
04 SRT-10

65cuda

I did this last year in the RT/10.  Was a blast. There were several other Vipers in attendance and a very wide variety of cars.  Very fun back roads if they use the same route as before.  Would do again this year except for being in Japan.  Highly recomend the drive if you are sober and awake that early on the first.... >l

Curtis
Red 94 RT/10

Newport Viper

Good to hear from you Curtis! Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!
04 SRT-10

Texas_Venom

I may come down for this one. I will be up and ready ealry since I am staying home the night before. Would be a good way to start the year off... especially if the weather is nice.

ViperX

We might make this too, if I can get Cathy out of bed in time!

D

EXHLR8N

The Best Things in Life are Dangerous

AceFang

I will be there!!  Weather should be nice - extended forecast is for 72 degrees!
John Bennett

ViperX

Yeah,

Weather looks good ..... now take the convertible or the coupe????

D  <2

Texas_Venom

I would take the ACR... but thats me. AndI cant wait to see it in person...  >p

Newport Viper

Might make it..... depends on how late New Years Eve gets! LOL!
04 SRT-10

Newport Viper

How was this run?  I was in town but, not in a good place that morning..... ^8

Happy New Years!   >g

04 SRT-10

AceFang

I was there but I saw only one other Viper, a '96 blue/white stripes GTS with AZ plates.  We ran together for a while and I think I recognized him from previous events.  This Tour was a lot of fun.  Lots of cars (over 150 in my estimation) with plenty of Ford GTs, Vettes (Z06s and plain), old Triumphs, 240Zs, Mustangs GT500, etc.  We ran from meeting place (Fischer and Red Hill) to coast highway via MacArthur, north on Laguna Canyon Rd to 5 then off immediately on Sand Canyon, north to Irvine Blvd to El Toro to Marguerite to Trabuco Canyon to Live Oak to Santiago Canyon, etc.  I have put it down on my calendar for ever year if I can make it.
John Bennett

ViperX

Hey John,

Sorry we missed you.  Cathy and I arrived "just in time" and ended up leading the group most of the way along with an original Mustang Shelby GT 350.

Generally fun run.  Lot's of aggressive driving on the street by some interesting characters.

Rev would have loved this run.

Dan