NARRA / VIPER DAYS at Buttonwillow Raceway February 20 - 22

Started by ViperX, December 01, 2008, 11:19:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

admin

Hey Lance,
Drew will caravan up with you guys on Friday - might want to keep your distance  =15

We did tell him that if he gets a ticket on the way, he won't get to drive at Viper Days  =17

p.s. Map links to Lance's caravan locations are in the 1st post...

PCH VIPER

Art and I will practice our blocking skills on the way up so he won't get too far ahead of us   >v
www.kouchicentral.com  for more viper pictures

NK BREKR

Quote from: PCH VIPER on February 05, 2009, 12:16:28 PM
Art and I will practice our blocking skills on the way up so he won't get too far ahead of us   >v

Now that's what I'm talking about...teamwork, what is it with young punks? >w

[
Quote from: administrator on February 05, 2009, 10:49:25 AM
Hey Lance,
Drew will caravan up with you guys on Friday - might want to keep your distance  =15

We did tell him that if he gets a ticket on the way, he won't get to drive at Viper Days  =17

p.s. Map links to Lance's caravan locations are in the 1st post...

Don't worry Cathy or Drew for that matter,  CHiPs in the vicinity are still in sugar induced comas brought on by the free breakfast at Denny's from Tuesday ;)

Quote from: ViperX on February 05, 2009, 10:19:09 AM
Hey Art,

Yeah, we're running Race 13 clockwise as I understand it.  No Star Mazda and no "extension" at the other end of the track.

This is a very good configuration.  It's actually safer this way IMHO and a bit faster too.  Though I like Star Mazda, that extension can unsettle the car (not sure why we ran it last year).

The "sweeper" that we are running instead of Star Mazda puts you right into the "Esses".  Be careful here as you enter the Esses as that first berm can be slippery if you approach it too fast or at the wrong angle.  I just line the car up and drive right on top of it.

D  <2

Dan, I was looking at the configuration and noticed exactly what you mentioned, seems like coming out of Star Mazda you have additional time to line the car up as you head into the Esses.

I loved going into Star Mazda last year, since it was fast, I was able to catch one of my 'over steering' episodes and recovered nicely, too bad Lance didn't take a picture of that, only the Sunset spin. >u

ViperX

catwood

Quote from: catwood on February 04, 2009, 09:23:36 AM
I just posted up an ad for dedicated track rim in the for sale section.  Save your stock or custom wheels for the street and run these light weight forgelines at BW.  They are light and strong and you'll shave minutes off of Dan's times   ;)

Price drop, check the classifieds

ViperX

Hey guys,

Just checked the weather for next weekend.

Looks like the rain is gone.

Dan  <2

ViperX

One more important bit of information for everyone coming to this event.

If you haven't had time to get your maintenance or routine track prep done at one of our local vendors, Archer Racing will be at the track and can do this for you.  They can do oil and other fluid changes along with alignments, Corsa installs, clutch changes, brakes, tires, engine changes, etc. etc.  They can do almost anything and all at a very fair price.

Call John Archer for more info at: 218-727-4806

See you at the track,

Dan  <2

RayMcIntyre

Hey Everyone,
I will see you there, I will be driving up Friday evening, should be there for dinner friday night, I will not make it to drive up with Lance and the gang earlier, sounds like that will be fun...

Cathy, I am assuming you called Ruth at Narra, I have been assigned as your instructor for the weekend.
I am looking forward to it, we will have fun.

See ya this weekend,
Ray McIntyre

HISSSN1

Hi Lance I will meet you all at Dennys in sylmar by 11:00 on Friday Eddie. You knew you you would get me to go >u
2009 ACR VENOM B
2010 ACR-X Chassis #15
2015 HELLCAT CHARGER
2017 ACR E 1 of 1 Viper Detroit Battleship Gray
2019 Hellcat Redeye

hemotox

2008 SRT10 Coupe Snake Skin Green with Silver Stripes, only 17 produced in 2008

hemotox

Anyone interested in Dr. J's custom travelling CDs with approximately 6 hours of Wolfman Jack shows for the 08 -09 vipers with MP3 capacity CD players, let me know.  I can also make single shows 1-2 hours in length, for the older Generation I-III CD players.  Great traveling music and the Wolfman takes you back to American Grafitti in your viper traveling up the 5 through the grapevine !!!! 

Dr. J's Traveling CDs, Inc.   >g   

PCH VIPER

Hey Hemotox,
I'd like to get one of those cd's from you. My Gen 2 will play MP3's.

Remind me to give you a '08 DVD too.

Sorry, no Hula girls for ButtonWillow.  Too distracting !!

PCH VIPER

Quote from: HISSSN1 on February 16, 2009, 02:25:59 PM
Hi Lance I will meet you all at Dennys in sylmar by 11:00 on Friday Eddie. You knew you you would get me to go >u

Hey Eddie,
I'm glad you are coming !   >v
I'm sending you an email now.

See you on Friday !

Lance

ViperX

Hey Guys,

We will be in garage #4, same as last year.

Look for the little red trailer.

I'll be running test and tune.

Dan  <o

hemotox

Okay, PCH, I'll send you a few, can run about 6 hours on one CD if you can play MP3.  I'll throw in a couple of single ones for OGO, give him something to sing along with as he heads back to San Diego County.

>v