T C R A at Willow Springs Dec 13 & 14

Started by ViperX, November 28, 2008, 10:22:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ViperX

Hey Guys and Gals,

Touring Car Racing Assocition will be at Willow Springs International Raceway on Dec 13 - 14 2008.  This is a fun group to drive with with an emphasis on safety and having a good time.

The following link will take you to this event on their website where you can register and download the necessary forms:  http://touringcarclub.net/events/next.aspx

This is a joint event with Alfa Romeo Owners of Southern California so there will not be a driving school

Entry Deadline: 12/6/2008

Trackside check-in starts at 7:30am Saturday. Pre-tech your car at one of our official tech sites and save yourself a lot of time, and help us get started on time. Our tech sites charge $10, but trackside tech will be $20. (Free tech inspection site is usually on the Saturday before the event 10am-2pm at TCRA hq). Driver's meeting starts at 8:30am, and is mandatory for all drivers.

Event Pricing

Member    Non Member
Open Track - Advanced    Sat    $135    $155
Open Track - Advanced    Sun    $135    $155
Open Track - Advanced    Sat Sun    $260    $280
Open Track - Intermediate    Sat    $135    $155
Open Track - Intermediate    Sun    $135    $155
Open Track - Intermediate    Sat Sun    $260    $280

Track Entry Fees
The above fees do not include facility entry fees or overnight camping fees. These are paid directly to the track.

Cancellations
Events are not cancelled due to weather. Events are run in rain. Come prepared to run in wet weather. Cancellations made before 7 days prior to the event will receive full credit towards next event only. All other cancellations will receive No refund, No credit.

I'll be running in the advanced group.

See you at the track,

Dan  <2

PCH VIPER

www.kouchicentral.com  for more viper pictures

ViperX

The 09 ACR might be here in time but there's lots to do to it before the it hits the track:

1)  Lower both seats to the floor (have one 2-inch seat lowering kit in stock - one on order from Dave C)
2)  Put 1000 break in miles on the car (I'll be hatin' that!)
3)  Change the oil and filter to Mobil1 15w50 at 500 miles
4)  Put a fire extenguisher in, passenger side floor from Dave C
5)  Install 6 point seat belts - both sides, Teamtech from Jon B (just arrived yesterday)
6)  Get a proper track alignment: Camber, caster, toe; lower the car, adjust the shocks, install adjustable end links (on order) for the sway bars, install nylon sway bar bushings and corner weight it
7)  Have clear bra installed on the front, up the hood, on the mirror backs and behind all four tires tires
8)  Install E-brake relocation kit (have in stock)
9)  Order a new set of front tires - Hoosier R6 in 315 x 30 x 18 (have a set of rears. 345 x 35 x 18 in stock) and mount them on 18 inch SSR or Forgeline rims
10)  Install G2X Racepak timer
11)  Install race brake pads along with new stainless brake lines, change to Motul 600  race brake fluid
12)  Buy and Install Belanger headers and exhaust - DC (this can actually wait a while, if I can!)  This should add about 60 hp & tq.

I'm sure I'll think of some other things too .....

I'll need some seat time to get the beast up to speed, but it shouldn't take long.

Dan  <2

PS  Got the 01 GTS ACR back today and he's running very strong.  New clutch, l/w flywheel and Gen III trans is much smoother than the previous one.  He'll likely get the nod for this weekend.

Newport Viper

04 SRT-10