Barrett Jackson / Russo and Steel Auctions Jan 16 - 18, 2009

Started by ViperX, November 10, 2008, 03:06:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ViperX

Barrett Jackson / Russo & Steel Auctions Jan 16 - 18, 2009

Hey Gang,

We did this last year and it was fun - and yes, we'll be making the trip again...Caravan up Friday morning - returning Sunday afternoon. Please keep an eye on this Post as we update the details.

Friday:
    * AM caravan to AZ and the hotel
    * SoCal Viper Club Member Dinner (Friday night - free for Viper Club Members)

Saturday:

* 8:45AM Breakfast and a Tour of Belanger Exhaust Systems
    * 10:45AM Depart to Russo & Steele  - As a group and we'll have free entrance and reserved parking
    * Barrett-Jackson (on your own or as a group - buy your own tickets online or at the gate)

Hotel rooms have been blocked at the Xona Resort Suites in Scottsdale.  Details below.  If you'd like to stay at this hotel with us, please contact me for a confirmation number, you can then book the room in your name with your CC#. 

HOTEL INFO:

7677 E Princess Blvd
Scottsdale, AZ 85255
Reservation: 888-222-1059 (Blocked rooms under Cathy Everts)

Following is included in the blocked room rate:

AAA rate + $170 + 15. 00 Resort fee + 12% tax = $207.05 per night
Traditional King Bed
Wireless Internet
Parking
Pools & Spas
Fitness Center
Shuttle to & from Barrett-Jackson and 5-mile radius
Gratuity for Bell and housekeeping

Rooms can be changed or upgraded based on availability.  Standard room rate was high $300's, the economy and gotten us a deal...

If you'd like to go, please let us know:  >w

Attendees so far:

Dan & Cathy E.
Tim Pavloff
Dave & Diane Dolan
Bill Ruhlman
Ron Sulpizio

1HOTACR

Steph and I did the Russo/Barret Jackson run this January.  What a blast!  After the Holidays and winter funk to get together with our Club and run to a great town as Scottsdale with great Arizona Viper owners greeting you was a charge for the spirit .  Any Guy or Gal that can't remember about the dreams of owning a killer 50s 60s 70s car, will be blown away at the true Art. When you put it into perspective what we have all invested into our Vipers then see your dream car and what it sells for you could say I could have two or three or four of them compared to the price we all have invested.    Don't miss this one It is three days of non stop Cars Cars Cars! and Party Party Party!
You won't be disappointed !

Glenn     <1   
Glenn
1HOTV10 - 2014 GTS Striker Green
1HOTACR - 2017 ACR-E

1Fopar

DIANE & I ARE GOING  TO BARRETT ,NOT GOING TO BUY ANYTHING THATS FOR SURE , DIANE SAID SO WE WILL MEET UP HAVE A GOOD DAY DAVE =15

ViperX

We too are going for the fun of it - not planning to buy anything that's for sure.   >w

Dan

ViperX

Hey Guys,

Just spoke with Lou Belanger of Belanger Headers.  He makes the headers for the comp coupe and the headers most of us have on our Vipers.  I asked him if we could stop by his shop for a tour and some info.  He said "sure, love to have the club come by".

So, please let me know if some of your are interested as I'd love to go by, meet Lou and check out his shop.

Dan  >v

ViperX

Lost another Viper this weekend,

While getting onto the freeway to head to Lou Belanger's shop in AZ, one of our members (on a cold, 50 degree morning with old, cold tires) pressed a bit too hard on the gas pedal while turning, lost control and hit a concrete "K" rail not once but twice.  =17

He was OK but the car looked like a total to me.  It's now parked at Bill Luke Dodge in Phoenix.

I really hope we can get some more members out to our upcoming Car Control Clinic's - 2 this year.  With a little bit of practice and some additional knowledge, this accident could have been avoided.

Dan  <m

PCH VIPER

It's amazing how FAST it happens.   Everyone thinks they are experienced enough to "catch it" once it breaks loose.
Think again.
www.kouchicentral.com  for more viper pictures

Kala

Sorry to read about this accident...

I'm glad everyone is ok  <1
Corsa Track exhaust, Lightweight Flywheel, Green Filters, EBC Red Pads, AB's 1200 degree wires (Blue) SVS Shifter, MGW Gripper shift knob, Color Matched Console, MGW trim rings, Racelogic & Dave's Underdrive Pulley going on soon :D

Marv S

Hate to hear about this. Good news that he is "ok".  Now we've got to help him find another Viper