Urgent- Mopar mask questions

Started by Kala, September 15, 2008, 05:20:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kala

I have been in a friends ear for a long time about purchasing a Viper... He lives in AZ...
This week he bought an 06 blue/silver, located in Dallas. Really low miles, no rock chips. He plans to fly there this weekend to drive her home...

My buddy is very, very picky about his cars. He wants to protect it on the long drive home.
There's not time to get a clear bra installed for the trip.

I saw Lance tape up his car at the track, then put the mask on... Is it necessary to tape up the car first before installation of the mask for HWY driving from Texas to AZ? or is that just for the track?

Thanks!
Corsa Track exhaust, Lightweight Flywheel, Green Filters, EBC Red Pads, AB's 1200 degree wires (Blue) SVS Shifter, MGW Gripper shift knob, Color Matched Console, MGW trim rings, Racelogic & Dave's Underdrive Pulley going on soon :D

PCH VIPER

Hi Kala,
I  tape the leading edges or the front end up before putting the bra on for a reason.
Little pebbles, sand , etc will enter in through the radiator grill mesh, and from around the fog light holes of the bra.  They will then be trapped between the bra and the paint.  This will obviously scratch up the paint.  By putting the painters tape on first, it keeps the debrit that gets caught in there from doing any damage.

Lance
www.kouchicentral.com  for more viper pictures

Kala

Thanks Lance
I didn't know if that was just a track thing, thanks for clearing that up...  >s

I'm sending him my mask for his trip From Dallas. I'll send him a roll of 2' tape as well.
Corsa Track exhaust, Lightweight Flywheel, Green Filters, EBC Red Pads, AB's 1200 degree wires (Blue) SVS Shifter, MGW Gripper shift knob, Color Matched Console, MGW trim rings, Racelogic & Dave's Underdrive Pulley going on soon :D