Just ordered a 2009 ACR

Started by ViperX, September 04, 2008, 04:26:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ViperX

Hey Guys,

Just ordered a 2009 ACR from Ben Keating at Port Lavaca, Texas.  Ben is the dealer principal (owner of the Dodge store among others) advertises with Viper Days and drives too.

During our phone call, he mentioned that he had two, red, black, red drivers stripe 2008 ACRs (magazine cover colors) that would be in his store in the next couple of weeks that are not yet sold.  He also has over 20 Vipers in stock, many are 2008s.  Thought some of you guys might be interested.

Ben is also considering advertising in our local magazine and providing so cal club members a 20% parts discount on prepaid orders (with no tax of course).  I am still working out the details of working with Ben and his team, but again thought you'd like to know.

Ben will handle all Viper sales himself.  His cell phone number is: 281-851-9140.

Call Ben for more info.

Tell him the club sent you.

Regards,

Dan

PCH VIPER

Well that didn't take long Dan      >v

Ben is a good guy and I had a good talk with him at VOI as well.
One thing I wanted to ask, but didn't get the chance, was what the time frame for ordering an '09 would be.
Obviously an '09 can be ordered right now....but what is the projected cut off date?
www.kouchicentral.com  for more viper pictures

NK BREKR

>g  Congratulations on the new addition to the Viper Pit you are a  >11 >s  I can see some 1.2Xs  at Willow Springs in the near future.

What configuration are you getting?

ViperX

Lance,

Not sure of the cutoff date for ordering 09's but with all that's going on with Viper right now, I decided to buy one while I could.  I'd recommend that everyone that wants one do the same.  I probably won't see this car until next year.

Art,

Color is Graphite Metallic (like Lance's GTS), black center (hood, top, trunk, parts of front / rear fascias) and red driver's stripe.  This is the same color as the first ACR that we saw in Detroit Jan 07.

I'll likely be selling my 2001 GTS ACR as I don't have space for 4 Vipers at this time.....would like to keep it though, put lots of $$$$'s into it and it still runs very strong.  I have all of the stock parts, so it could be returned to totally stock.

Dan

NK BREKR

Wow!  That is going to be one awesome ACR.

Kala

Congrats on the new  >11 ACR !!!!

Corsa Track exhaust, Lightweight Flywheel, Green Filters, EBC Red Pads, AB's 1200 degree wires (Blue) SVS Shifter, MGW Gripper shift knob, Color Matched Console, MGW trim rings, Racelogic & Dave's Underdrive Pulley going on soon :D

Newport Viper

Wow congrats! That is going to be a mean machine!   >r
04 SRT-10

ViperX

I just got my VIN number today,  >v

Status is I - unit is pending final inspection

Hasn't been to Prefix yet for paint, so I'll likely get to wait another month or two.

Dan

PCH VIPER

>g
It will be one of the first 09 ACR's out this way.  Can't wait to see it.

Prefix seems to be the bottleneck in the ACRs.  You would think that they would do something to keep up with production/orders.    I guess anticipation also adds to the whole experience.
www.kouchicentral.com  for more viper pictures

NK BREKR

Mr. President, You might be getting an early Christmas gift  =2  I'm excited for you. 

ViperX

Yes, Prefix is the bottle neck. 

Prefix also installs the wing and splitter, then paints the stripe(s) as applicable.

Don't have a place to put it yet anyway.

Any yes, anticipation is part of the fun.

The really cool part is that it's built - so good news there.

Dan

ViperX

Spoke with Ken at Connor Avenue Assembly Plant today.  Gave him my VIN.

He went out onto the plant floor and found my car, took a couple of pics and then emailed them to me - so cool of him to do this.

Car has been inspected and is in line to go to Prefix for wing, splitter and red stripe.

Looks like Art was right, might just get a neat Christmas present.

Dan

Mr. Fangs

>rDan.
Thats a spectacular color combination. I remember when we saw it in Detroit at the auto show as a "Concept".

Maybe the highest evolution of the street Viper.

If this is the last of the breed, at least it is going out on top.

Congratulations.

"and Christmas don't be late" =1
Paul & Teresa 09 Coupe

Kadeuces

Dan,

That is by far the best looking viper ever!!
Congratulations!!  It looks so good, you may wanna park it in the garage and keep it away from the track. :) jk
I cant wait to see it.

Kobi

>r

ViperX

Hey Gang,

Getting closer.   >g  Received this email from Ron at Prefix this morning:

Dan,

I checked and your vehicle was complete and shipped back to the factory on 11/7/08.

You should be seeing it soon.

As for the tools, I'll send out an extra set when I send some to Dave.

Ron

Ron Batt
Sales
PREFIX Corporation
1300 W. Hamlin Road
Rochester Hills, MI 48309
248-670-5868 Cell
248-650-1330 Ext 206 ~ Fax 248-650-1334
[email protected]
www.prefix.com