CORONADO SPEED FESTIVAL - SUNDAY Sept 28th @7:45AM

Started by racecars, August 08, 2008, 10:19:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

racecars

Hey Gang,

It's that time again >v

We'll meet @ Rubys Diner in Carlsbad @ 7:45AM to have breakfast @ 8AM. Leave about 9AM for Coronado to the races.

I'll have corral passes for VIP Parking BUT NO FREE Entrance this year, SRT didn't pony up >o

This is my 6th time with the Viper Club, and is a great event Dave Andrews (08 pe) drives a vintage car in this event.

OGO plus 1 is in  ^8 ^8 ^8
Dan & Cathy Everts
George Dauphine
Steve & Carol Borecki
Carl Atwood
Randy Begin
Larry Flickinger
Barry Noar
Lance Kouchi
Lorwence & Kiki Kraus
Darryl & Dianne
Jeff Gaines
Wayne Poe

GENERAL ADMISSION

Advance purchase general admission tickets are available for $25 one day and $35 for both days. Tickets will also be available at the venue ($35 for one day and $45 for both days).  Car Corral passes are required to enter the race venue along with your general admission ticket.
General admission tickets are available online:

Click here for information & general admission tickets 

At the end of the purchase, you'll print out a sheet of paper for each ticket or package you're buying. Just bring the sheet(s) with you to the show, we'll scan 'em at the gate and ZAP, you're in!!

CAR CORRALS

The 2008 Meguiar's Car Club Corral, available from 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.on Saturday and Sunday, will be located on Naval Base Coronado. Participants can access the Car Corral from the Main Gate of Naval Base North Island. You will be directed by our Coronado Speed Festival Safety Patrol to the entry point for your parking. Ample signage will be displayed to assist you.

Please read the specifics below carefully!

We are pleased that you are planning to participate in the Coronado Speed Festival's Meguiar's Car Club Corral. If you purchased tickets online, and do not have a 2008 Car Club Corral parking pass, you can request one from your car club or the Coronado Speed Festival office. The pass must be hung on the review mirror of your vehicle at all times while on Navy Base property. In addition to the driver entry ticket, each passenger must have an event day ticket to gain access to the grounds. If you are not driving a designated Car Corral vehicle, you will not be permitted to park in the display area. All such vehicles will be directed to secondary lots within the grounds.

Saturday, September 27
8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.

Sunday, September 28
8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.

Car Club Corral Passes - Dave Cawthorne will pass these out at breakfast Sunday morning

Car Corral passes are required to enter the race venue along with your general admission ticket. Passes can be requested from your car club or the Coronado Speed Festival office. Passes may not be available the day of the event and need to be acquired in advance.

ViperX

Hey Dave,

Do we have a local contact for this event?

I'd like to try and get some "parade" laps for our group again this year.

This was set up through SRT last year.

VCA National should have the necessary insurance.

Dan

racecars

>k
I'l see what I can do <

OGO  O O O

Radical Guy

2004 SRT-10

Green Mamba

Dave

Count me in. Lets all try and push for parade laps.

Randy

catwood

I'm in but have my corral pass already.

What's the update on hot laps at lunch?

I AM NOT GOING TO GET PASSED BY RICHARD THIS YEAR!

Steven & Carol Borecki

Steven & Carol Borecki

ViperX

Carl,

Dave is the contact for the "hot laps".

Hope he can swing it.

Dan

catwood

Hot laps?

I need to orde two more slicks if we hot lap...Race Yella Richard will not pass.

I need to order tires either way, just need to decide if I get extra ones  ;)

catwood

You were reading my mind while I posted...get on  him will you....I hate bugging the elderly

Quote from: ViperX on September 02, 2008, 04:13:10 PM
Carl,

Dave is the contact for the "hot laps".

Hope he can swing it.

Dan

ViperX

The laps should actually be called "cool laps" as we won't be able to go very fast, but we will look "cool", or at least our cars will.....

catwood

ViperX

Thanks Carl.

If that means slow, you're right.  I am working on it.  Kinda stuck at 1:34.8.  Can't seem to get below it.

Maybe when it cools off a bit or I run slicks?

You coming to Viper Days at Willow?

Dan  <2