Pantera Club at Willow Springs Nov 1 & 2

Started by ViperX, August 01, 2008, 12:25:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ViperX

Hey Guys and Gals,

I've run this track event the last three or four years and enjoyed it every time.  The weather is usually very comfortable this time of year at Willow Springs with cool mornings and warm afternoons.

This event is really a bunch of lapping sessions put together, more laid back and more social than most.

There are usually more cars at this event than most others and they do sell out early.  It's a chance to run with a bunch of other cars and get some passing practice, then hang out between sessions.  They do allow passengers too.

Please let us know if you'd like to attend.  Here are some details and there is a PRINTABLE FORM at the bottom of this post - Look for the Paper Clip...

West Coast Racing Inc.

EVENT POLICY

All drivers and cars for this event will be considered accepted in the order that they are received by mail.  Entries are to be in writing on the entry form, completely filled out and accompanied with a check.  To insure that we are not crowded, the entries will be limited to 120 cars.  A waiting list will be used to fill cancellations in the order received.  Sign-up early because every event has been sold-out!  Refunds will be granted in full until October 22, 2008.  After that date, it is MANDATORY that you notify me by phone. After that date, a 25% handling fee will be kept, or 100% credit will be applied for the next event.  Since we have a waiting list, I do not want to keep an entrant from filling your place. 
THE ONLY WAY A CREDIT OR REFUND OF ANY KIND WILL BE GIVEN IS THAT I AM NOTIFIED BEFORE THE EVENT.  I MUST HEAR FROM YOU ON THIS MATTER OR YOU WILL BE CONSIDERED ATTENDING AND PAID IN FULL!!!

GENERAL INFORMATION

This is an open event  for most all cars.  There will be instructors available for novices and other entrants.
All Open (convertible/roadster) cars must have a roll bar.  Seat belts required.  Five-point harnesses recommended.  Fire extinguishers are required and fastened firmly in the car.  Drivers and passengers must be 18 years or older and must wear long sleeve shirts and long pants and helmets rated snell 2000 or later.  Helmets are available from Simpson and others.  If two drivers want to share a car, they will be in the same run group and be classified for the least experienced driver.  If two drivers of the same car want separate run groups, send two entry forms and pay two entries.  This is a non-competitive event intended primarily for street legal cars with exceptions for race prepped closed wheel cars.  Event is rain or shine.  NOTE:  NO DRUGS OR ALCOHOL ALLOWED.  THIS APPLIES TO DRIVERS AND SPECTATORS.  WE WILL PROVIDE BEER AND SODAS AT THE END OF THE DAY ON SATURDAY.

•   On Saturday the track will open at 7:00AM and close at 5:00PM
•   On Sunday the track will open at 7:00AM and close at 5:00PM
•   Snack Bar will be open with good food and drinks.
•   Racing fuel (leaded and unleaded) will be available at the track pumps.
•   Children must be accompanied by an adult.
•   Maximum speed in the pit area is 5 mph.
•   GATE FEE:  Willow Springs has a fee of $10.00 per person for the entire weekend
•   You may park overnight and stay at the track if you wish.  Call the track for the time of Gate closing.
LODGING: Antelope Valley Inn, a Best Western Motel 44055 N.Sierra Highway, Lancaster, CA 93534 661 948-4651  Ask for the racer "DISCOUNT".
REQUIREMENTS

MANDATORY DRIVERS MEETING AT 8:00 AM SHARP – SATURDAY MORNING!!!

HELMETS     Snell 2000 or later.  Open car drivers must wear goggles/face shield
   SEAT BELTS   Good working condition, 5pt. Harness preferred.
   NO OPEN WHEELED CARS
   CONVERTIBLES/ROADSTERS    Must have roll bars/roll cages.  Factory bars okay.
   FIRE EXTINGUISHERS    Must be securely mounted in the cockpit.
   CAR      Must pass tech inspection.
   TECHNICAL INSPECTION    Cars MUST PASS tech inspection or have a signed
               Tech inspection sheet from your mechanic's shop
               In order to run the event.
   DRIVER    Must be 18 years of age and hold a valid drivers license. 
           Must wear long sleeve shirts and long pants.  A fire suit is preferable, but only
           required for the drivers in the Pantera Challenge Race.
            PASSENGERS 18 YRS. OF AGE, long sleeves, long pants, Snell 2000 or later Helmet     
            Sign liability waiver & wear DESIGNATED wrist band.

More details:

OPEN TRACK EVENT & RACE     November 1 & 2, 2008

You are invited to attend the Open Track Event at Willow Springs International Raceway in Rosamond, California, located north of Lancaster. This event allows you to run your car at speed on a road-racing course.  All
makes & models of automobiles are eligible as long as they meet technical Inspection. (see enclosed tech sheet)  This event is ideal for the beginner (we furnish instructors), and the more experienced driver who wants to improve his or her driving skills.  The atmosphere is relaxed with an emphasis on safety and having a good time.

ENTRY FORM

PLEASE PRINT:
E-MAIL ADDRESS:___________________________________

Name________________________________Phone(day)____________(eve)__________

Address______________________________City__________________St.____Zip_____

Track Exper.___________________________________Driv. Schools________________

Driver 2 (if any)____________________________________________________________

Track Exper.___________________________________Driv. Schools________________

Make_______________Yr.___Model___________Color__________Perm. Car #_______

RUN GROUP PREFERENCE:
____RED- Extensive track experience, Five-point harness and roll bar preferred.  Driving school, racing license or
            extensive passing experience required.
____BLUE- Track experience, driving school and passing experience required.
____YELLOW – Some track experience and limited passing a plus.
____GREEN – Novice to some track experience,Novices MUST attend Drivers School at first session.

ENTRY FEE: (same group only)                DRIVER #1        DRIVER #2         TOTAL
                                                     $245.00                $25.00        ____________

RACE ENTRIES ONLY:      ENTRY FEE (additional) ________$30.00
(This race is for race-prepared cars only with Roll bars/cages, 5pt. Safety harness, fire suppression system, fire
extinguishers okay, full nomex suit, 2000 or later snell-rated helmet and must pass FOC, POCA, POC type tech
inspection for tires, brakes, bearings, etc.  No open-wheeled cars) PANTERA CHALLENGE RACE ON SAT. ONLY

TOTAL AMOUNT ENCLOSED $____________

$15.00 will be charged for all cars teched at the track, get teched in advance!!!
Make Checks Payable to: West Coast Racing Inc.

Mail to:  Jim Saxton, 1967 Wellesley Road, San Marino, CA.  91108
West Coast Racing Inc.  626 285-2024  e-mail [email protected]

TECH FORM:                                                           

We recommend you tech your vehicle prior to arriving at the track as this will
give you more options to solve a problem if one exists.  We will also accept a completed tech form with a business card attached from a shop of your choice.  The person signing the tech form MUST BE the same person whose business card is attached.  Tech will be available at the track for a fee of $15.00. 

TECH INSPECTION   

EVENT DATE ___________DATE   SHOP      INSPECTOR      PASS      FAIL
West Coast Racing Inc.    _______   __________   _____________        ______          _____

OWNER  INFORMATION  SECTION

OWNER________________________________________________________________________

ADDRESS__________________________CITY____________________STATE______ZIP_______

MAKE/MODEL/YEAR_______________________________________COLOR_________________

_____   SEAT BELTS - LAP BELTS OK                       .

_____   FIRE EXTINQUISHER-FASTENED IN COCKPIT, NOT LOOSE

_____   STEERING MUST NOT HAVE EXCESSIVE FREE PLAY

_____   COCKPIT AND TRUNK EMPTY  (No Bowling Balls or Beer Cans, Etc.!!!)

_____   HELMET – CORRECT RATING 2000 Snell Rated               

_____   TWO THROTTLE RETURN SPRINGS

_____   TIRE CONDITION MUST BE GOOD

_____   BRAKE LIGHTS MUST WORK

_____   BATTERY MUST BE FASTENED TO CAR

_____   NO LEAKS OF ANY KIND

_____   BELTS, HOSES, ETC. MUST BE IN GOOD CONDITION

_____   SUSPENSION MUST NOT BE SLOPPY

_____   BRAKES MUST BE IN GOOD CONDITION

_____   OVERALL APPEARANCE OF CAR MUST BE GOOD

_____   WHEELS SHOULD BE TIGHT (CHECK LUG NUTS OR WING NUTS)

_____   DRIVER ATTITUDE MUST BE GOOD!!!

Sorry for the long post.  West Coast Racing does not have a web site.

Dan  <2

SoCal Rebell

I've done this event many times, it will be crowded, it always is. You want to check the passanger policy again, the last time I ran with them there were no passangers allowed.

The fun thing is you can run in the wheel to wheel race with no race license or roll cage, down side there will probably be a few idiots.

It is fun though but a lot of traffic if you like to pass.

ViperX

So Cal Rebell,

You are correct about it being "crowded".  As long as you're not trying to set any records and just using this as "passing practice" and "seat time", it's fun.

I highlighted the passenger section from the above info:  Drivers and passengers must be 18 years or older and must wear long sleeve shirts and long pants and helmets rated snell 2000 or later.

I don't believe they allow passengers during the race, but that is to be expected.

Dan

catwood

Willow sent out notice earlier this year due to a couple of deaths/injuries at the track.  No more passengers unless they are an instructor for that group and identified before hand. 

Viperdays is holding to that deal.  OTR let's anyone instruct.  Not sure what Jim will do.

Carl

ViperX

Hey Carl,

Nice to hear from you.

Got the same info at NASA and at Grand Prix West my last two times out.

No problem for me getting an instructor "wrist band" my last two times out, likely not for you either.

I just don't try to go that fast (not that I'm that fast anyway) with a passenger.  It just doesn't make sense to me to risk someone else's life by trying to impress them with my driving prowess.  I do this for fun.

Are you planning to make the Pantera Event?

Dan

Banzai Ben

I signed up for this one. Anyone else going?

Ben
2013 SRT Viper, Race Yellow
2003 Viper Comp Coupe, GTS Blue
2005 SRT-10 Ram, Yellow Fever
2018 Hellcat Challenger, Indigo Blue

ViperX

Hey Ben,

I'm signed up too.

Anyone else interested better sign up soon as this one usually sells out.

Lot's of fun running down other cars like Vettes, Mustangs, etc.  There aren't many Vipers at this one.

Dan

ViperX

redtanrt10

Dan,

I'm 90% sure but I haven't signed up yet.  I bought the set of forgelines and toyo's I had told you about so I can't wait to try them. (I also bought a set of stop tech rotors).

I'd like to go to the event but I really only want to go 1 day. 

Mike

ViperX

Hey Mike,

Hope to see you there.

Any luck with the spring change?

Dan

redtanrt10

Dan,

thinking of ordering today or tomoorow from JonB who has hypercoils.  I also want to get the stoptech SS lines to go along with the new rotors, and, probably get Dave's speedbleeders too.  Ended up getting them from the guy you saw on the VCA site, 3-4 months old for $825.00 shipped.

I'll hopefully put on the e-brake kit this weekend with my neighbor Wayne.  Maybe do the rotors too?  I think I can do the springs but not sure if I have the time before the Pantera event, and, I'll need to get someone to do a good alignment.  Any recommendations on an alignment close to me?  thanks!

ViperX

Hey Mike,

That's a great deal on the wheels.

SS lines are straight forward and the rotors are too.

Spring change is straight forward too.  If you're swapping 8 inch tall springs for 8 inch tall springs with the only difference being a higher spring rate, your alignment should be OK.

There is a shop in Rancho Santa Margarita who can do a good 4 wheel alignment and corner balance.  I'll have to find their contact info.

Dan

redtanrt10

Dan,

thanks!  That price was for the 4 stoptech rotors, forgelines w/Toyo's was about 3K.

Let me know the alignment shops info. really want to not have to go to LA or Temecula

ViperX

Hey Mike,

Call Doug at Streetwise: 949-459-0744.  His shop is in Rancho Santa Margarita at 30241 Tomas.

I spoke with him this morning and gave him the alignment specs for an aggressive street alignment (same as my 2006 coupe aligned by Archer Racing).  This set up should be very good for turn in and track use and still very "streetable".  They can also install your new springs if you'd like.

Let me know how this works out.

Dan