Traveling out of Country

Started by AlbertFattal, June 08, 2008, 10:08:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AlbertFattal

First off (and most important), Smilies here Rock. Period.  >q >t

now onto the lesser item of converse <9

I will be leaving the country for two months four weeks from this week. I'd like some insider feedback from those who have traveled, or are seasoned travelers.

Is it important to get foreign currency exchange before departing the U.S.?

how do you typically communicate with others from other countries?

Should I be careful of pick pockets

is it a good idea to keep the US Embassy number readily available?

I am going to be traveling all over the middle east, landing on the bombed bruited airport (which has since been paved and opened)!!!

do credit cards/atms/Cell Phones work outside the US? im BURSTING with questions! any other tips would be totally cool  <u

ARTIFICIAL INTELLIGENCE & BLOCKCHAIN
Science, Technology & Society
Computer Information Systems

https://AlbertFattal.com/

https://www.linkedin.com/in/albertfattal/

PCH VIPER

Quote from: AlbertFattal on June 08, 2008, 10:08:50 PM
Hey Albert, Have a great trip ! I can't wait to see the images you bring home.

Is it important to get foreign currency exchange before departing the U.S.?
It may be smart to have at least a few dollars already exchanged before you leave.  Once you land at your destination, you will need local currency for cab, food, etc..

how do you typically communicate with others from other countries?
Mostly I just hope that I find someone who speaks English

Should I be careful of pick pockets =0
YES...and don't put anything valuable in your checked luggage.   I generally take the BARE minimum of "extras".   

is it a good idea to keep the US Embassy number readily available?
Always a good idea

I am going to be traveling all over the middle east, landing on the bombed bruited airport (which has since been paved and opened)!!!

do credit cards/atms/Cell Phones work outside the US? im BURSTING with questions! any other tips would be totally cool  <u
Major credit cards will work.  I usually call my CC company and let them know that I will be traveling. That way they won't put a hold on my CC when they start seeing "irregular" charges.
Take travelers checks instead of ATM.
Check with your cell company on their worldwide coverage and the cost...its usually better to buy a phone card and leave the cell phone home.

I'm generally the guy who travels and loses their suitcase.  I always put a set of clothes for 1 -2 days and toiletries in my carry on just in case. If I'm checking more than one bag, I split my clothes in sets between the 2 bags.  Don't overstuff your bags.  Leave room for misc. items you may purchase and bring home. 

Take care, have a great trip, be safe and have FUN !!!

www.kouchicentral.com  for more viper pictures