CRUISIN' GRAND, ESCONDIDO - June 6th

Started by admin, April 09, 2008, 03:21:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

admin

CRUISIN' GRAND in ESCONDIDO - Event put on by Member, Lisa Chrisman!

Cruisin' Grand is held every Friday through September 26, from 5:00 p.m. to 9:00 p.m. However, this year there is a special invitation for the SoCal Viper Club on June 6th to join over 400 pre-1974 American-made hot rods, custom, vintage, classic cars and trucks as they cruise down Grand in Historic Downtown Escondido, just off old historic Hwy. 395   Special Viper parking will be on both the left and right side of the street on West Grand Avenue – between Orange and Escondido Blvd.  Attached is a downtown map.

Plan to join in the event, show off your Viper and have dinner with other Viper enthusiasts.  Show up time as early as 4PM, dinner will be planned for 6:30PM at...

El Nopal
126 S. Kalmia St
Escondido 92057
760-741-8723

They have a special buffet for Friday nights
Chicken, Beef, Carnitas plus all the extra's for $10.95
They'll have a room for us at 6:30pm

We have reserved spots for about 28 Vipers

Planning to attend so far...  <K

Andy M
Curtis
Dan & Cathy
Dave & Arlene
Dave & Lisa
Don S
Gregg ?
Jim Becker
Kobi & Angelica
Kurt Klimple
Lance ?
Nino & Ruth
Paul & Pam
Peter, Tiffany & Kendra
Richard & Charlene
Ron Burke
Todd

black beauty

^2  Dave & I will be there, of course!  We hope to have lots of other members join us as well.  So be there or be square!

racecars

>1

Dave & Arlene will be there >2 >2 >2 >b

OGO  O O O

racecars

>q

Add

Kurt K
Curtis
Jim B

OGO  >g >g >g O

racecars

Please add

Ron B
Todd A&C
Lance Maybe >m

OGO  O O O

swisspower

Hi
Please add Peter Tiffany and Baby Kendra Hausherr to the list.We will bring the Viper and Family Car.
See you there!

racecars

>g

Please add:
Ron (Race Yellow Prowler) It's a Beautiful Thing
George D Blue & White 06 cpe (Silver State Racer)  <2 <2

OGO  O O O

Kadeuces

PCH VIPER

Hey Kobi,
It was great seeing you guys yesterday.   Your Viper definitely sounds better.   What's next on the mod list?
Track wheels and tires?  6 point harnesses?  Roll bar?  Get that baby ready for Viper Days !
See ya soon,
Lance

www.kouchicentral.com  for more viper pictures

ViperX

Hey Kobi,

Yes, it definitely sounded better.

Get your six points ordered (JonB), buy a helmet (Sube Sports in Huntington Beach) and get your heat shields back on your new headers.

The Motons will be a great mod.

See you soon.

Dan

Kadeuces

Hey guys,

We had a great time this weekend.  Well worth the drive from inland.  Thanks to everyone involved in making this a weekend to remember!!We had a blast.

We love the new sound.  I have no regrets installing the ventilation system ( headers and exhaust ).  No CEL lights so far and works like it was meant for the car.  I think Mr. Belanger knew exactly what he was doing when he designed these.  Gives it the sound that a car with that power deserves, I think.  And the power difference is very noticeable.  Scary noticeable.
I got my helmet from ebay this weekend too. "wine color shoei".
Todd's got the motons, eibach springs, SSR wheels & Kumho 18 tires at his shop along with the 6 points.  The rotors, e brake kit, and stainless steel brake lines are on the way and should be there early this week.  Ive also got a roll bar comin in.  Im excited to get this all done before the next track event.

Thanks to the great advice from Dan, Rev, Jon B, and some of the other guys in the group, I feel like Im fulfilling my  modbug from the getgo!!
Now I just need the training to tame this thing. HappyBounce

ViperX

Kobi,

Glad you could make this event.

Sounds like you're getting your car all set up for the track.

Make sure and try your helmet on when you get it as they sometimes vary.  It should be snug, very snug, but not tight.

Be careful on the go pedal with those stock tires, especially when they or the road is cold.

Dan  <2

NK BREKR

Kobi,

Wow!  You definitely got the mod bug bad!  Can't wait to see it once it's all completed.

Dan,

I think it's safe to say that you can sign Kobi up for Willow Springs in September.

Kadeuces

The helmet fits perfectly snug, almost too tight.

Im still learning how this thing can bite in first or second with the stock tires.  Im gonna try the SSRs for a while also.

Im very excited to see how it turns out once complete and Im all signed up for Viper Days!!

See ya guys soon!

KOBI

ViperX

Kobi,

Glad your helmet fits well.

You won't believe how well the Kumhos stick.  It will be a different car.  Be careful at first with the Kumhos.  As a new driver, they will likely increase the limits of the car beyond your (no offense) abiltiy to control it at speed.  Make sure and get the car aligned after the installation of the Motons (and lowering).  Dont' go too low or you will hit things, like driveways, speed bumps, etc.

You may want to have a clear bra installed (if you haven't already) on the front and low behind the tires front and rear.

Dan  <u