FORMULA D Drift OPENER - April 12

Started by admin, April 08, 2008, 02:09:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

admin

The Formula-D Drift Opener is here in Long Beach - Samuel Hubinette, the 2004 and 2006 Formula Drift champion will sign autographs from 1:30 to 2 p.m. (PDT).

Hübinette will drift the Mopar Dodge Viper SRT10 while his Dodge Challenger is readied (this may be his last time in a Viper!)
Hübinette will steer a Mopar Dodge Viper SRT10, the same model he campaigned to a '06 Formula D title, while team owner Carlson and his NuFormz Racing crew put the finishing touches on the Mopar Dodge Challenger SRT8. Both Hübinette's Viper and Challenger will carry the new Mopar "Liquid Metal" paint scheme. The "Crazy Swede" is eager to hit the drift course on the Streets of Long Beach in his trusted Viper SRT10.

"I'm stoked. I took part in a drift demo at a recent Chrysler LLC LX vehicle car show (Dodge Charger, Magnum and Chrysler 300C). The Mopar Dodge Viper SRT10 handled awesome," said Hübinette. "I told Shaun not to change a thing on the set up. The BFG tires were providing amazing grip. It's best not to rush out the Challenger and I feel real comfortable behind the wheel of the Viper. I want nothing less than to bring back the Formula D title for Mopar and BFGoodrich."

Formula Drift Round One: Streets of Long Beach event details
The Formula Drift Round One: Streets of Long Beach event is scheduled for April 12 in Long Beach, Calif. The media day and practice is April 11. For ticket and event information, visit http://www.formuladrift.com.

p.s. If we weren't at Buttonwillow we'd be there!

PCH VIPER

Ben, Mikey, Bruce and I headed to Long Beach to watch Sam smoke a set of tires and the competition in his Mopar Viper.

A huge Thank You to Ben and his friends Steve and Mike who got us VIP seats, food and drinks and a cool goodie bag   <1

It was pheonominal sitting right above the track as these cars came through, engines roaring, tires smoking and pitched sidewards around the corners.

Too much fun!!!    As always pictures are here  www.kouchicentral.com
Here are a few

www.kouchicentral.com  for more viper pictures

Banzai Ben

Lance,

Thanks for the great pictures as usual and you are very welcome for the passes. In case you didn't hear, Sam Hubinette took second place in the final and Chris Forsberg got first. Mikey took a great video clip of Sam but I don't know how to post it.
My friend said the next local drift event is October at Irwindale so consider checking that one out too.

Thanks,

Ben
2013 SRT Viper, Race Yellow
2003 Viper Comp Coupe, GTS Blue
2005 SRT-10 Ram, Yellow Fever
2018 Hellcat Challenger, Indigo Blue

admin

I so wanted to be at this event  >:(  I know Sam won't be driving a Viper in October, but I'd still like to see the Drift event...  Hopefully we'll be in town.

Thanks for the pics Lance!