VIPER DAYS at WILLOW SPRINGS - September 13 & 14

Started by admin, April 03, 2008, 12:54:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Super Villain

Have never run at Williow before.  So I am in the beginners group on Sat. and Sun.  I am just coming up on Friday to get an early start on all the registration, tech inspections, and any last minute tweaks to the car as a lot of vendors will be there I hear.

I have mainly been a drag racer, but recently have become more interested in road racing.  I am also signed up with Speed Ventures for the Roval at Auto Club Speedway the following weekend.  Two track weekends in a row!  >g  >r
"What is best in life?"...."To crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentations of their women!" - Conan

PCH VIPER

Hey Anhtuan,
I'll definitely be heading up on Friday.
I'll shoot you an email after I figure out who all is heading out on Friday.

Lance
www.kouchicentral.com  for more viper pictures

Super Villain

Awesome Lance!  Do I hear Caravan?! yee-haa!  >j

-Anhtuan
"What is best in life?"...."To crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentations of their women!" - Conan

redtanrt10

Lance,

What time are you heading up friday??  I need to work in the am then I'll probably leave around 12 noon or 1 pm so I can stop by the track on friday to check out the race cars and dump all my stuff with Dan. I leave directly from Fountain Valley.

Lance/Dan

Pictures from VOI looked great, wish I could have gone! 

Greetings today from Seoul.

Mike

PCH VIPER

Hey Mike,
I'll also work in the morning and  probably head out around mid-day.
How about we meet at Spaghettini's at 12:30.  Depending on who all wants to drive up with us,
we can either head up the 405 or 5 fwy.

Anyone else leaving on Friday?

Lance
www.kouchicentral.com  for more viper pictures

NK BREKR

You heard right Anhtuan  >v

Lance and Mike,

I'll be leaving Friday afternoon too!  You fellas want to meet at the Denny's on Roxford off of the 5.  You guys tell me what time and I'm there.

Lance don't worry this time I wont have company >v

ViperX

Hey Guys,

Looks like my youngest son Drew is coming up.

He'll be sharing time driving with Cathy in the green group but driving my GTS.

I'll be instructing him and making him go slow ..... at the beginning anyway.

Since I don't want to run my GTS in back to back sessions, I'll have to run in a group that lets my car cool for at least 30 minutes between runs, likely the Blue group.

Looking forward to seeing you guys.

Dan

redtanrt10

Lance,  12:30 @ Spagettini's would be great!

I'll ask you to figure out how/where  we hook up w/Art, SV, Drew and any other's. 

Nice to have a good group to ride up together.

SV can't wait to see you car, and hear your stereo!  Glad your coming to Willow

Mike

Super Villain

Looks like I need to be at the track by 11am-ish on Friday to meet up with Archer Racing.  I'm in line right after Dan ;)

So that means I need to hit the road by 9am and I'll probably miss rolling up with you guys.  I'll already be at the track when you guys start to head out.

See you at the track!  It'll be good to finally meet you Mike.

-Anhtuan

SoCal Rebell

Looks like I will be joining all you guys on Saturday & Sunday in the '08 ACR  <2

I told Courtney I would instruct beginners, hopefully the fuel injector will not break again  <B

Who's running in White group, I need someone to "play" with  <K

ViperX

Hey Ron,

Jonathan Martinez said he might make it.

There are a few other guys you can have fun with too.

Dan

ViperX

Hey Guys and Gals,

For all of you going to Viper Days who haven't done your track preparation yet (and won't likely get it done in time) things like fluid changes, tires, wheels or other maintenance, Archer Racing will be at the track on Thursday afternoon and can do this for you.

Archer can also do corner weighting and alignments, from street, to aggressive street to full track alignment.  I'm having them bump steer, corner weight and align my SRTC.

Contact John Archer at 218-727-4806 for more information or a service reservation.

Dan

Super Villain

My appointment with them is right after Dan's  <1  Something about a head and cam package...j/k  >w 

I have been looking at the track map, but also found this video which I thought was helpful to visualize.  I am sure there are plenty, but this one we really clear.  This guy takes one lap around CW starting at 1 and goes on to 2, 3, etc.  Watching the video while following along with the track map I thought was helpful.

30 secs into the video is when the run actually starts (after all the intro crap)
http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-5635919884497882667&ei=CfvESIHFOpPYqAPigp23BQ&q=willow+springs+raceway&vt=lf&hl=en

NK BREKR

Hey Dan,

What kind of alignment do you recommend for my car?   

racecars

>g

It's only going to be 93'

Holy Crap Batman  <2 <2 I'll bring my leather jacket  ^8 ^8 ^8

OGO will be there Thurs >u

OGO  O O O