PCH VIPER

www.kouchicentral.com  for more viper pictures

PCH VIPER

PCH VIPER

redtanrt10

Lance,

As always, great pictures!!!  Remind me next time to take some actions shots of you in your viper.

thanks again!!

Mike

catwood

Quote from: Redsled on September 15, 2008, 05:04:11 PM
Carl, don't drink the Kool Aid!  No way 5 more seconds can be shaved off.  Maybe 2-3 on a perfect day.

phft....Kool-aid......LOL

Redsled

Sundiego

Viper Days at Willow Results

http://www.viperdays.com/results.htm?y=2008&e=91

They have added an open category at the bottom, so everyone's times are there, even if you weren't running Michelins.

Sundiego

Quote from: ViperX on September 15, 2008, 12:03:04 PM
Hey Carl,
  My best laps were 1:35, many 36s & 37s. 

Dan, the best your Viper Days time sheets showed was 1:36.9. You may want to have that in car timer checked. Mine was within a few hundedths of Viper Days time.

ViperX

David,

I ran test and tune on Friday and ran a bunch of 1:35's in 105 F.  I've run many 1:34's before at Willow in my GTS.

Unfortunately, my son took my GTS off track coming out of turn nine on Saturday morning and bent my right front wheel.  This made running fast times a bit challenging for the balance of the weekend, though I still managed a bunch of 1:36's.

We have the same timer, so I'd guess that it's about the same accuracy. 

The good news is that only the outer rim was bent but it was enough to cord the right front tire prematurely.

A group of us will be running at Buttonwillow this weekend with NASA and again at Willow Springs with the Pantera Club the first weekend of November.  We may also visit Spring Mountain in mid November.  Any interest?

Glad to see that Terry Rossi is helping you with your driving, you've made good progress.

See you at the track,

Dan  <2

PS  Rev (my normal driving buddy) will likely be at these events too (red Viper / wing & splitter).  He enjoyed driving with you at Viper Days.

Sundiego

Quote from: ViperX on October 08, 2008, 08:15:45 PM

Unfortunately, my son took my GTS off track coming out of turn nine on Saturday morning and bent my right front wheel.  This made running fast times a bit challenging for the balance of the weekend, though I still managed a bunch of 1:36's

Dan, they had you at a best of 1:36.945. If the timer was giving you a bunch of 1:36s that still would seem off. It would be hard to cluster laps within that 6/100 window. Load the software that came with it, pull the memory stick and take a look.

ViperX

David,

I did.  That's how I knew my times. 

Keep in mind that my son drove my car, my wife drove my car and so did I.  Each of us had our own transponders.

I'm sure that we didn't always switch transponders as we should have, so some of each of our times were not recorded as far as Viper Days was concerned.

Dan

PS Did Terry drive your car for time?  If so, how did he do?

Sundiego

If you had the wrong transponder in they would have got credit for the time, and didn't. If the transponder isn't working they black flag you. Check your in car timer card on your computer. It doesn't agree with theirs, and the other timers do agree.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K9Daf-qGcVY

Here's Terry in my car. He only did a 1:30 because he hit traffic on 9. When he took the ACR out he only got a 1:29 as the rear tires were heat cycled out. The ACR was 6 second slower on Sun than Sat when Ron drove it both days .Terry drove it on Sun.

ViperX

"If you had the wrong transponder in they would have got credit for the time, and didn't. If the transponder isn't working they black flag you. Check your in car timer card on your computer. It doesn't agree with theirs, and the other timers do agree."

David,

First, I was not running the Michelin Challenge Series, don't care to do that.  There may have been laps where there was no transponder in my car.  I really wasn't paying that much attention... and don't care about specific lap times during an event that I'm hosting . ... and no, I didn't get black flagged nor did Cathy or my son.  Never have been black flagged for not having a transponder and have run without one many times at VD events.

I have checked my data logger and it is as I said above.

I'll be at Willow Springs again with the Pantera Group on Nov 1 and 2.  Come on out and we'll run some laps.

Dan

Super Villain

My first Viper Days was more fun than a barrel full of spider monkeys!

Looking forward to the next one!  Thanks to Dan and Cathy for also making it a great Club Event.

" border="0
"What is best in life?"...."To crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentations of their women!" - Conan