CANCELLED - TCRA at Willow Springs May 3 & 4. 2008

Started by ViperX, March 11, 2008, 03:30:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ViperX

This event has been cancelled.

Hey Gang,

Come out to Willow Springs and run with the Touring Car Racing Association on May 3 & 4.

Check their website for details: www.touringcarclub.com -- Click "Next Event" to register.

This is a very good group to run with.  If we get enough Vipers to attend, we can get our own run group.

Hope to see you there.

Dan  <2

HOTEL INFO:

Best Western Antelope Valley Inn – Willow Springs Raceway rate $79 per night
44055 Sierra Highway, Lancaster, California, 93534-4412
Phone: 661-948-4651

* Includes 2 cocktails/sodas each evening you stay over for you and your guest;
    * Includes hot buffet breakfast each morning  for you and your guest.

Click here for map HOTEL to TRACK

redtanrt10

Dan,

I'd like to go back to Willow but when I look at TCRA's site it doesn't show this event?  Could it be held by another organization?  Mike

ViperX

Hi Mike,

I just checked TCRA's calendar and you are correct, they don't have this weekend listed.

I also checked Willow's calendar and it shows that TCRA has the big track for the weekend of May 3 and 4.

So, I emailed Emil, the new head of TCRA and hope to have a response shortly.

I am going to Buttonwillow April 12 and 13 to run with Speed Ventures.  We should have a few club members there along with some others I've run with in the past. 

Any interest?

Dan

PS  Just got back from Vegas and it was a hoot.

redtanrt10

thanks, keep me posted on the May event @ willow.  If that doesn't work I see an event in the infield at CA Speedway.

wish I went to vegas, spoke to Dan @ DC today, he said it was great.

Buttonwillow won't work, going to FL next week w/Diann.

I've got something wrong with my rear shocks, taking to Dan later this week.  Took off the RR Saturday, springs are set very soft, and not sure if the shock is OK, both my rear inner wheel wells are torn up, on the right, a screw has dug a 1/4" deep groove into the tire.  Hoping the shocks are OK and the springs are just loose, if not I'll have to send them back to KW and wait.

ViperX

Hey Mike,

I'll follow up with TCRA.

The infield track at Fontana is a ricer's dream.  More like and Autocross it's so twisty and short.  I wouldn't recommend it for a Viper.

Sorry to hear about your shocks / tire issues.

Did you keep your stock shocks (as spares)?

What's your spring rate at the rear?

I've got Motons on my cars and am not as familiar with KWs but I think they are adjustable for ride height and you can change the springs if you want to.

Let me know if I can help.

Dan

redtanrt10

Thanks! Keep me posted on TCRA, sounds like CA would not be too good.

Car's up w/Dan today, don't know the spring rates, but I think there comparable with the one's used with the Moton's (800-900?).  Car's sitting too low but I think they've moved, or broke.  Bounced a couple of times on the 405 both ways going to willow, hit the rear tow hook too.  Fronts seem fine.  I sent the stock ones in the trunk but I hope Dan can figure out how to work the KW's back.

ViperX

Hey Mike,

Speed Ventures runs CA Speedway Nov 22 and 23.  On that weekend, you get to run about 2/3's of the Oval + the infield.

I don't care for the infield track, but when you combine it with the oval, it's much more fun.

Dan

ViperX

Hey Gang,

This event has been cancelled by TCRA.

Dan