Speed Ventures at Button Willow - April 12 & 13

Started by ViperX, March 05, 2008, 08:56:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ViperX

Hey Guys,

Speed Ventures is running Button Willow on April 12 and 13.  They will be running the track clockwise, configuration 13.  Check their website for more details, pricing and to register:  http://www.speedventures.com/

I've run with Speed Ventures before and found them to be a good group to run with.  They have beginner, intermediate and advanced groups.  Instruction is available.

Cathy and I are planning to attend this one.

Hope to see some of you there.

Dan

SPEED VENTURES HOST HOTEL:

Red Roof Inn Buttonwillow  --  Speed Ventures Room Rate $49 per night

I-5 at Buttonwillow, Exit # 257
20645 Tracy Ave, Buttonwillow, CA, United States, 93206
Phone: (661) 764-5121 Fax: (661) 764-9631

This includes a Free Hot Breakfast, Free WiFi, Speed Channel, HBO, and other amenities geared towards race car drivers and people who think they're race car drivers.  When you book your room, please state that you are with "SPEED VENTURES" to get your discount.

ViperX

Hey Guys,

We will be in garage #4 (same as last 2 Viper Days) at Buttonwillow / Speed Ventures on April 12 and 13.

All Viper owners and their families / friends are welcome.

We're working on getting a Neon for Cathy to track.  If not, she'll be running the 06 VOI 9 Coupe.

Dan

ViperX

Well,

This was one hot event, temperature wise anyway (96 Saturday, 98 Sunday - whew).

Cathy and I were joined by Michael "Rev" Burgoyne, Michele (a very nice Frenchman) and his sone Adrian, so only three Vipers in attendance.

We did make a very good showing, however.  The track configuration was Race #13 clockwise.  Michael ran a best of 2:03 and change.  I managed a 2:05 (while very sick, darn flu), Michele ran 2:09 and Adrian ran 2:04.

Best lap time of the weekend by a real (street based) car was 2:02.  This doesn't include the Radical group.  They ran in the 1:50's and high 1:40's - they are crazy fast little Hayabusa powered 1200 lb race cars.

Hope to see more of you guys next time.

Dan  <2