TV Shoot Featuring Vipers at Willow Springs

Started by ViperX, March 04, 2008, 09:14:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ViperX

Hey Gang,

I just received the following.  Please read and anyone who can make this please respond to us as time is short. 

Paul Schiefer wrote:

I am producing a TV show entitle Head2Head.  It's an Americanized Top Gear comparison show hosted by Samuel Hubinette.  We are filming at Willow  Springs and are looking for a new SRT-10 Viper on Wednesday Wed 3/19 to be compared against a new Z06 and a GTS on Tues 3/25 vs. a Superformance Coupe.  We need the two cars and would also like to get video submissions from owners talking up the Viper strengths vs the competing vehicles.  The cars will not be beaten on the track all day, no more than 4 fast laps, a few acceleration tests on the straight, then just interior and exterior beauty shots.  Please let me know if you think you have any members that might be interested.  Also, feel free to call me with any questions.

Thanks,

Paul Schiefer
Schiefer Productions

Thanks,

Dan

-------------------------------------------------------------------

So far:
David Andrews has responded that he is willing to provide his 2008 Coupe to drive
Lance Kouchi will allow them to drive his GTS.  Thanks guys. 

As they're also looking for Viper owners passionate about their cars to interview, it would be really nice if we could get a few more folks to show up and talk about their Vipers.

racecars

>1

OGO will be bringing Dave Andrews car  >2 >2 >2 Smoking <2 <2 <2

OGO  O O O

Banzai Ben

I'm off work on Wednesday so I can go up there if they want more Vipers present.
Ben
2013 SRT Viper, Race Yellow
2003 Viper Comp Coupe, GTS Blue
2005 SRT-10 Ram, Yellow Fever
2018 Hellcat Challenger, Indigo Blue

ViperX

Yes, we do.

Love to have you with us.  They're doing the GTS segment on Tuesday the 25th.  Any chance you could make that day?  If not, come Wednesday.

Dan  <2

racecars

>1

So who's all going on weds >2 OGO needs help staying awake ^8 ^8 ^8 I'll be going up Tues afternoon >2

7AM comes early <m

OGO  O O O

ViperX

Hey Dave,

Blondie and I are going up Tueday night (after a work meeting, ARG!)

We'll see you  O  Wednesday morning at the track.

Dan  ^2

Kala

Do we have good Viper news from yesterday?????  <m <m <m
Corsa Track exhaust, Lightweight Flywheel, Green Filters, EBC Red Pads, AB's 1200 degree wires (Blue) SVS Shifter, MGW Gripper shift knob, Color Matched Console, MGW trim rings, Racelogic & Dave's Underdrive Pulley going on soon :D

ViperX

Yeah, mostly.

The 2008 Viper beat the 2008 C6 Z06 at the track by about 3 seconds per lap, which is a bunch (think about 20+ car lengths per lap).  Both were driven by Samuel Hubinette.

The 2008 Viper also beat the 2008 C6 Z06 in the 1/4 mile drag by about 2 cars.  The bad news is that I got to drive the Vette against Sam during these four races and he beat me 4 races in a row; and I tried everything I could.  Hard to make up for the 100 extra HP and TQ that the Viper has over the Vette.  We raced side by side down the front straight at Willow while they filmed us.

Dan  <2

PCH VIPER

Hey Dan,
You weren't actually TRYING to win in the Vette were you !  ;D

www.kouchicentral.com  for more viper pictures

Kala

Cool that the 08 SRT showed so well...

Dan, you can hardly be upset, losing to a world class driver like Sam... Especially in a lower HP car...
It would have been interesting for you guys to swap cars, then see what the outcome was...

Now if you were to lose 4 races to a  <5<E like me, Then and only then.... you would have something to  ^4 about  ^8 ^8 ^8
Corsa Track exhaust, Lightweight Flywheel, Green Filters, EBC Red Pads, AB's 1200 degree wires (Blue) SVS Shifter, MGW Gripper shift knob, Color Matched Console, MGW trim rings, Racelogic & Dave's Underdrive Pulley going on soon :D

ViperX

Hey Lance,

Yes, I was trying to win.  I actually got him at the start every time.  I just couldn't keep up in 2nd and 3rd where power rules.  By the top of 3rd gear, he was pulling away.

I guess the 2008 Viper rules too!

If the seat had been lowered in the 2008 Viper, I could have driven it against Sam that day but no way I could drive that car with the seat at OE height and a helmet.  I was driving the Vette kinda' hunched over, but I could at least drive it.  I really wish they'd do something about the seat height in the Viper ..... but they likely won't.

Dan

viperCFP

Michael
Instagram: @viperCFP
'96 GTS (2nd caretaker)

admin

After 4 days of shooting the various cars - the clip will be 6-8 minutes long.  It should be completed about the end of April.  Once complete, I'll be getting a link to where we can view it online and I'll email it to the members.   ^5

PCH VIPER

Here are some of the pictures I took while I was out at WSIR for my segment against the Superformance Daytona Coupe.
On paper the Daytona had me beat by a pretty good margin, but at the end of the day, my Viper outperformed the Daytona by a pretty good margin.
The Viper was turned the fastest lap of all the cars that were out there  1:33.   The Daytona was second with a 1:36.
The viper did the 1/4 mile in 12.4 and the Daytona did it in 13.3

All in all, it was a great day for the Viper !!

I have pictures posted on my site   www.kouchicentral.com

Here are some of the Head to Head shots

PCH VIPER

Here are some of the action shots:

Leaving the line and smokin the tires !