TCRA at Buttonwillow - April 19 & 20

Started by admin, March 01, 2008, 04:24:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

admin

Hey Gang TCRA is back at Buttonwillow...

Come out to Buttonwillow and run with the Touring Car Racing Association

Check their website for details: www.TouringCarClub.com -- Click "Next Event" to register.

This is a very good group to run with.  If we get enough Vipers to attend, we can get our own run group.

Hope to see you there.

Dan  <2

Vypr Phil

Will try to make it for this one!

Does anybody know the track configuration and CW or CCW?

Phil
Vypr Phil    2005 SRT-10 Roadster - Sold

"If you are not living on the edge...you are taking up too much space"

PCH VIPER

Hey Phil,
I knew the track bug would get to you ! 
Good for you, you need to get out and have some good old fashion fun  <2

**Side note**  Dan posted info for the WillowSprings hotel
www.kouchicentral.com  for more viper pictures

ViperX

Hey Phil,

It would be nice to see you at the track. 

The Buttonwillow event is a joint event with www.ncracing.org and they will be in charge of running the event.  They always run #1 ccw but check their web site to make sure.

Dan

ViperX

Hey Guys,

I've done a bit more homework on this event.  Since this one is over a month out, I contacted Speed Ventures.  They are running Buttonw Willow on April 12 and 13.  Per my request, they have agreed to run Button Willow CLOCKWISE, which is the direction that most of us are more familiar with.  This is how Viper Days ran this track at their last event.  Track configuration will be 13.

I think I'd rather run this track CW, specially with some of our newer drivers.  Go to: www.speedventures.com/events/eventdetail.aspx?id=167 for more info. 

Speed Ventures is also charging $360.00 for the full weekend while the TCRA group combined with NCRacing is charging $440.00 for non-members (that would be us), so Speed Ventures is $80.00 less costly for the same two day "weekend".  That will buy a couple of tanks of gas.

I'l put this info together under a separate post and will register with Speed Ventures.

Dan

Vypr Phil

Hey Dan,

SpeedVentures also has laptime transponders available!  Reserve early however.

Their websites shows this as a 3-day event with a different track configuration for Friday.

Friday 11th: track configuration #1, CCW

Sat & Sun (12 &13): track configuration #13, CW

One can participate 1, 2 or 3 days. 

Cost for one day only: S190.00.

Cost for all three days: $530.00

Instructors are also available for a very reasonable fee.

For everybody who has not participated in Viper Days yet, Buttonwillow is a great learning track, very technical and not as fast as Willow Springs but has more turns and is on a much flatter surface.  This would be a great place for a "Track Baptism" so we hope to see new many folks finding out what the Viper is all about, can do it in a safe environment and in great company and learn new driving techniques.

Phil
Vypr Phil    2005 SRT-10 Roadster - Sold

"If you are not living on the edge...you are taking up too much space"

ViperX

Hey Phil,

We will be in garage #4 (same as last 2 Viper Days) at Buttonwillow / Speed Ventures on April 12 and 13.

All Viper owners and their families / friends are welcome.

Dan