TCRA at Willow Springs - March 22 & 23

Started by ViperX, February 25, 2008, 06:58:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ViperX

Hey Gang,

Come out to Willow Springs and run with the Touring Car Racing Association on March 22 & 23.

Check their website for details: www.touringcarclub.com -- Click "Next Event" to register.

This is a very good group to run with.  If we get enough Vipers to attend, we can get our own run group.

Hope to see you there.

Dan  <2

HOTEL INFO:

Best Western Antelope Valley Inn – Willow Springs Raceway rate $79 per night
44055 Sierra Highway, Lancaster, California, 93534-4412
Phone: 661-948-4651

• Includes 2 cocktails/sodas each evening you stay over for you and your guest;
  • Includes hot buffet breakfast each morning  for you and your guest.

Click here for map HOTEL to TRACK

PCH VIPER

You gonna go Slow Eddie ?????
Art ????
Peter ????
Noel ????
Bruce ???

My calendar is slammed.....but I hate to get left out...so if you guys go....I'll bring the camera !!!
www.kouchicentral.com  for more viper pictures

NK BREKR

D'oh!  I'd love to go, but I'm doing my confirmation that weekend <1

I'd be interested in seeing how "Slow Eddie" does at the "Slowest Track in the West".

caliviper

For those that cant make Sat & Sunday due to Easter,  NASA will be at California Speedway running Friday and Saturday (Not running Sunday due to Easter.)

Dan, I shot an email over to Ryan about the overly long download sessions.  I'll keep you posted.

ViperX

Thanks Manny.  Just be gentle - I know you can - as I don't want to get sideways with NASA.  It sure would be nice if they could cut that session way down though.

PCH VIPER

Looks like Bruce and I will be tracking our car at the Fastest Track in the West    <t

We need more  <E 's to join us.   Who else is going?

I need more seat time in the car and less at the desk.
Lance

ViperX

Hey Guys,

Pascal (the main guy at TCRA) is a Frenchman and a friend of Terry Rossi's.  Terry will be in France during this event, so he won't be there to instruct.

Pascal has allowed me to instruct in the past.  I just requested an instructors wrist band for this event, so I should be able to help you guys if you'd like and at least offer a ride in my car to show you the driving line.

Not sure who else is coming yet but Mike Buckingham will likely be there too.

Glad to hear Lance and Bruce are coming.

Should be fun.

Dan  <m

PS  Any chance we could be our "original root" out to the track?

Banzai Ben

Hey Dan,
What group do you think I should sign up in? Intermediate or advanced? This will be my first time with TCRA.
I plan on Saturday only.
Thanks,
Ben
2013 SRT Viper, Race Yellow
2003 Viper Comp Coupe, GTS Blue
2005 SRT-10 Ram, Yellow Fever
2018 Hellcat Challenger, Indigo Blue

ViperX

Hey Ben,

You should be in the advanced group - that's where I've run with TCRA.

You should consider helping Lance, Bruce or some of our other guys. 

You are faster at this track than I am and know this track well.

Neat that you can make it.  See you at the track,

Dan

PS  The new main guy at TCRA is now Emil, a friend of Pascal.

PCH VIPER

My goal is to learn the track.........by staying ON IT !!!! 

Is there a Granny Group ??

Banzai Ben

That's probably a good idea Lance. On Saturday, a guy I know went off and rolled his car! He was okay but his car was pretty bad.
I have slower lap times now than I've had in the past because of what I see. I've become more conservative and don't push it as much.
Our cars are street cars and don't have all the safety equipment that race cars have so we are at greater risk of injury.
So my advice is to just have fun and go as fast as you feel comfortable.

Ben
2013 SRT Viper, Race Yellow
2003 Viper Comp Coupe, GTS Blue
2005 SRT-10 Ram, Yellow Fever
2018 Hellcat Challenger, Indigo Blue

racecars

<2 <2 <2

I might just drive up for the day <2 >2 I'll need a nap when I get there though ^8 ^8

OGO  O O O

ViperX

Hey Guys,

The beginner group at TCRA has been pretty slow in the past.  You guys should have a good time learning the track without any pressure.

OGO, should I bring a cot for you????  HE, He, he.

Dan

ViperX

Hey Guys,

Bob Blizzard has become available to coach / teach / ride along with a few of us on Saturday at this event.  As you may recall, Bob is the chief driving instructor for Viper Days, so it doesn't get any better.  His cost for the day should be about $600.00 ($500 plus gas).  I'm in for splitting his cost with our group if we can get three other guys to go for it ($150 each for the day).  I'm guessing that Ben and I will run advanced (so we could each get Bob to ride with us for two sessions).  Lance and Bruce could also split Bob's time if they ran in other than the advanced group.

Please let me know if you guys are interested and I'll set this up with Bob and TCRA.

Thanks,

Dan  <2

caliviper

Quote from: ViperX on February 27, 2008, 10:12:45 AM
Thanks Manny.  Just be gentle - I know you can - as I don't want to get sideways with NASA.  It sure would be nice if they could cut that session way down though.

Dan, I expressed your concerns about the long download sessions to Ryan (National Chairman of NASA) and he says the sessions should never be running that long and he will look into it.  If you get a chance, it might be worth it for you to drop him an email as well.  And if you attend a NASA event again where that is happening, you should certainly go talk to Ryan about it.  The classes should be short and to the point.

I sure would love to see more of the Viper guys out at these events.

There will be 4 Viper GTS's in the SUper Unlimite Race at Cal Speedway in 10 days, and that's about 2 to 3 more than there usually are  ;-)  Should be great.