Auto Cross Schedule 2008 at California Speedway with Speed Ventures

Started by ViperX, February 01, 2008, 05:27:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ViperX

Many of you have asked for this, so here is your chance to drive autocross in So Cal.

Speed Ventures, a local track outfit also puts on an Auto X every time they put on a track event at California Speedway.  They set up a course with cones and run this event in the speedway parking lot with timing.  The specifics of these events have not yet been posted on their website but should be there soon.  Dates in 2008 should be as follows: 

May 3,4

June 14,15

July 26,27

September 13,14

November 21,22,23.  We could also drive on 1/2 of the Nascar Oval that day, the other 1/2 of the track is the infield.  I did this last year and it was a blast.

Costs last year for AutoX were $100.00 for the day, all the runs that you want.

See their website for more info:  www.speedventures.com

I would really like to try and set up a Viper Club event at one of these.  Please give me some feedback on this.

Thanks,

Dan

Kadeuces

SoCal Rebell

Dan, I've known Aaron Bitterman for years if you need any help setting up a run session for the Viperclub. Remember Cali Speedway is expensive, but worth it. The infield course is fun and challenging, but the ROVAL configuration will blow your minds. It's made for Vipers, it incorporates the infield tight course with about 2/3rds of the Speedway used that is FAST. I highly recommend it and Speed Ventures is a great group to run with.

ViperX

Hey Ron,

I ran the Roval at CA Speedway last year with Speed Ventures and plan to run again this year with them.  They should be there on Nov 22 and 23 as posted above.

Hope we can get some Vipers out.  Would love to get our own run group if possible.

Please contact Aaron and let me know (if you don't mind) if getting our own run group is possible and about what it would cost.

Thanks,

Dan

Dan

SoCal Rebell

Quote from: ViperX on July 14, 2008, 06:41:35 PM
Hey Ron,

I ran the Roval at CA Speedway last year with Speed Ventures and plan to run again this year with them.  They should be there on Nov 22 and 23 as posted above.

Hope we can get some Vipers out.  Would love to get our own run group if possible.

Please contact Aaron and let me know (if you don't mind) if getting our own run group is possible and about what it would cost.

Thanks,

Dan

Dan

Dan I will call Aaron and see if it is possible to get our own run group, but remember the Roval is $17K for a weekend as opposed to WSIR at $5K. Own run group or not, this is a rare opportunity to do a great track perfect for Vipers.

ViperX

Thanks Ron,

I'm planning to run that weekend, weather permitting (it rained last year on Saturday, so I ran Sunday only).

Let's see if we can get a few Vipers out for that event.

Dan

Kadeuces

ViperX

Kobi,

Speed Ventures has a beginner group and does allow passengers in the group that Mike Burgoyne and I would run in, so you could get a ride with one of our group.

CA Speedway can be very fast on the oval, not so fast in the infield.

Dan

SoCal Rebell

Quote from: ViperX on July 17, 2008, 03:39:54 PM
Kobi,

Speed Ventures has a beginner group and does allow passengers in the group that Mike Burgoyne and I would run in, so you could get a ride with one of our group.

CA Speedway can be very fast on the oval, not so fast in the infield.

Dan

More like a very, very, very fast oval  <u

SoCal Rebell

Quote from: ViperX on July 14, 2008, 06:41:35 PM
Hey Ron,

Thanks,

Dan

Dan

Hang onto your wallets, here's Aaron's reply:

Hey Ron,

Yes, and you can also rent your own run group at ACS Roval on September 20 (Saturday) or 21 (Sunday) -  I just picked up that weekend too.

For the September event you can have a few different options:

4 x 25m sessions from 8am-1pm or from 1pm-6pm (your choice) -- $6230

8 x 25m sessions from 8am-6pm --  $11,926

Garages = $20/spot

Transponders = $20ea

Gate Fee = $10/person

These have to be reserved, deposited (nonrefundable) very soon because I'm selling that event off fast and that deal may not be around for long – I can hold it in place for a short period of time if you're interested, so if you think September might work (possibly in addition to November), let me know.  If you don't like these options, let me know and we'll see if we can work out something that fits your preferred program better.

If you don't want to do September and just do November, it will probably look similar except the sessions will be 22m instead of 25m and the price will be higher:

4 x 22m sessions = $7040

8 x 22m sessions = $13000

Garages = $20/spot

Transponders = $20ea

Gate Fee = $10/person

Not sure if the above format will be what holds for ACS Roval in November, but it gives you some idea.  Again it might be modifiable.

And give me your phone number.  Nice hearing from you!!!

Thanks,

Aaron

ViperX

Compared to this event, NASA was a steal.

Based upon last year's event, I think I spent $180.00 for the entire day with 5, 20 plus minute sessions.

I guess I'd have to recommend, based upon his response, that we run with the their standard groups, which is still fun.

I may run both days and would guess that will be about $320 to $340.

As you cannot yet register for this event, I'm still guessing at the prices.

Dan

SoCal Rebell

Quote from: ViperX on July 22, 2008, 05:33:34 PM
Compared to this event, NASA was a steal.

Based upon last year's event, I think I spent $180.00 for the entire day with 5, 20 plus minute sessions.

I guess I'd have to recommend, based upon his response, that we run with the their standard groups, which is still fun.

I may run both days and would guess that will be about $320 to $340.

As you cannot yet register for this event, I'm still guessing at the prices.

Dan

Closer to $500+ for the Roval. That is pretty steep, last time I checked a Roval weekend was $17,500 for a weekend track rental, add ins., corner workers and EMTs for a track that big and I guess $22K-$24K per weekend, that's why the Roval events are rare, but lots of fun.

ViperX

Hi Guys,

Here's the latest on the autocross event for those of you who'd like to Autocross your cars while some of us run the "Roval" :

AUTOCROSS at Auto Club – November 22, 23 Registration is now open for our Autocross at Auto Club Speedway: http://www.speedventures.com/events/eventdetail.aspx?id=205

They'll have many more cones (for you to hit) than we did at our Auto X!

Dan

ticketmered

I am in, I checked the web site but did not see any Vipers signed up as of today. Who is going? Will sign up soon.