Buttonwillow Test & Tune Day January 5, 2008

Started by ViperX, December 17, 2007, 11:11:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ViperX

Hey Gang,

Just spoke with Buttonwillow (Viper Days will be there on Feb 22, 23 & 24) and they're having an open test and tune day on Jan 5, 2008.  This is a Saturday only event, $200.00 for the day and likely 4+ hours of track time.  Unless there are open wheel cars, you can likely go out any time that you want during the day.  We could do some lead / follows if you'd like.  There will be 4 or 5 racing GTS and at least one comp coupe there running that day.

As a minimum, you must have a helmet and three point seat belts (stock), long sleeve shirts, pants and shoes.  Convertibles must have a roll bar or a hard top.

This will be a good opportunity to get familiar with the track and get a little practice in before Viper Days, at a very low price.

Cathy and I are planning to go, weather permitting, and you can sign up at the track, no prior comittment is required.

Let us know if you're interested.

Dan 

catwood

do you have more details.  Is this open all day and no run groups?  Controlled passing/point bye's? 

Also...what direction and config?

Thanks...Paul and I may join. 

Carl

ViperX

Hey Carl,

1 - Track staff doesn't know direction or configuration, but said they'd let me know tomorrow - we'll see.  My guess, race #1, clockwise.

2 - Yes, open all day - no run groups and no controls that I know of yet.

Should be a fun day to play, do some lead follow, work on lines, etc.

Dan 8)

catwood

uh.....nevermind......dang

ViperX

Heard from Carrie at track.

1 - Configuration is #26A counter clockwise

Likely won't go unless I can convince them to go clockwise - I'll let you know.

Viper Days will be running clockwise in February, so I thought some practice would be helpful for us So Cal guys.

Dan 8)

ViperX

Weather not looking good for tracking the car at this point.....likely won't go.

Dan

ViperX

OK,

The latest is as follows:

1 - Rain out for this weekend - Jan 5
2 - Test and tune days rescheduled for next Saturday and Sunday at Buttonwillow, Jan 12 and 13.  Thinking about doing just Sunday.  Any interest?

This would be really good practice for Viper Days.

Dan  <2