Hi I am new on here and have a question.

Started by LS6 Molester, November 07, 2007, 05:19:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LS6 Molester

hi this is my first post on here but i have always lived in socal. i have a red 97 gts twin turbo in progress build and an 04 red srt.

anyways, i had a question about getting stripes painted on my gts. right now i have silver fake stripes and having friends with striped acr's and blue/whites, mine just looks cheap and ugly when im parked next to them. i want to get the real things painted on. i wanted silver stripes.

can anyone recommend a paint shop that could do this. thanks in advance

ViperX

Yes.

Where are you located?

There is a shop in LA that can do this and another one in OC.

I just had an aftermarket hood painted by a local shop in OC, stripes and all.  It came out very good.

Dan

PCH VIPER

Don't tell him unless he's a member !!   ;D   and buys us all breakfast !

www.kouchicentral.com  for more viper pictures

LS6 Molester

LA or OC are both the same distance from me but i would prefer OC because the roads are better. What is the name of the shop and if you dont mind, how much did you pay for your hood? I wanted to get some idea.

and sure i dont mind springing for breakfast but it will have to be after my TT build is finished because right now im searching the couch for change  :(

ViperX

LS6 Molester,

I had my GTS hood painted at McLaren Unibody.  Phone: 949-855-0145.  Ask for Brian.  Tell him Dan (the guy with the Vipers) sent you.

Their shop is in Lake Forest.  I have had them repaint a fascia and fender on my black SRT-10, a side sill on my white / blue 06 coupe (wife went four wheeling) and the new hood on my red / silver GTS.  All paint work was quite good.

I bought the GTS hood from Autoform Development.  Check their website for prices (I can't remember but guess about 3K).  It is a fiberglass pin on type, GTSR copy with open vents in the center.  Saves about 75 lbs over stock and helps the car run cooler on the track. 

As I recall, I spent about $600 to have the new hood painted and striped.  You can pay alot more.

Dan 8)