Main Menu

Yesterday at Willowsprings

Started by catwood, October 11, 2007, 11:40:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

catwood

Great day, sure beat work!

132.47 on my data logger.  I didn't get all the sessions but that could be my best of the day.  Lots of low 133s also. 

FWIW...old street tires suck....137 on them pushing real real bad.  I strongly suggest that one doesn't use 2+ year old pilots at the track.

racecars

Hey Carl,

I realize your old and have CRS, but how did your temps(airbox ) and anti-toe brackets work >1 You went a lot faster so the brackets and cooler air helped >2

Oh Great One ^9 ^9 ^9

catwood

The anti toe brackets worked great.  Car stayed stable over the bumps that are in my brake zone going into one.  I did manage to lock a front left with the old street tires though and couldn't get it rolling again.  That caused a minor spin. 

My video recorded didn't seem to work or else I'd post videos of the day. 

I'd say this was a subtle worthwhile addition.

The roe kit allowed me to run full sessions without the heater without getting getting to hot.  I wish I had don't that along time ago.  All those laps with the heater......never again.

PCH VIPER

Hey Carl,
I was happy with my 65 mph on the front straightway at Coronado !!   ;D

Looks to me like you did much better than that at Willow  <1 

Makes me smile just thinking about it.
Lance
www.kouchicentral.com  for more viper pictures

catwood

I don't think I got over 147 at willow.  I'll have to go back and review.

ViperX

Hey Carl,

Very good times.

The anti toe brackets work well and stabilize the car when braking or turning at speed.  Lance needs a set of these.

The Roe "hole under the front fascia" kit works well too.

Let me know the top straightaway speed that you achieved on your GPS.  I'm getting to about 5800 - 5900 rpm in 4th (almost red line) but am only recording 140 ish mph.  Maybe it's the shorter Kumhos?

I've been running laps around my neighborhood trying to familiarize myself with my GPS lap timer and so far, it's working.  Hopefully, I'll be able to see my lap times as I run them and get some data next time at Pantera.

Dan 8)

catwood

140-142 on my fastest session.  No idea on RPM.

134-135 going into 8...I loose 12MPH going around the corner.  I need to grow some so I can stay on it through the corner.

ViperX

Hey Carl,

140 - 142 sounds right at the end of the front straight.

Turns 8 and 9 Separate the men from the boys.  I'm going in at 120 + and scrubing some speed too.  Don't quite have the confidence to enter it at 130 + yet.....I tried 125 ish last time out and the car was not happy.....made for a nice adrenalin shot though!

Dan

Banzai Ben

Hey Carl,

It was nice meeting you at the track. You were flying out there! Awesome driving.

My timer was not working so I don't know what I was running. I'm usually in the 1:34-1:35 range. I had Terry drive my car
and it was pretty scary as a passenger! He was hauling ass! I could never imagine myself being able to go that fast!
I've had a lot of instructors drive my car but he was the fastest so far. I sure wish my timer had been working. Thanks for the thrill ride Terry!

I'm signed up for the Pantera event so I'll see you guys there.

Ben

2013 SRT Viper, Race Yellow
2003 Viper Comp Coupe, GTS Blue
2005 SRT-10 Ram, Yellow Fever
2018 Hellcat Challenger, Indigo Blue

catwood

Ben..it was nice meeting you also.  Are you running Blue at Saxton's event?  Terry is a great help.  One of these days I have to get him as an instructor.

Dan...I went into 8 on the old street tires real fast one time.  I turn the wheel but the car didn't turn.  Turned more, car into the marbles on the left side.  I'm thinking to myself...."this speed, this corner...this is not going to be good"  The car finally scrubbed off enough speed it started turning.....whew!  After that I started lifting going into the corner. 

ViperX

Hey Ben,

Terry ran 130.0 in my GTS a few months back on old street tires with me in the car.  We spun in 3 and he was sooooo embarrased.  We didn't know that the rear stabilizer bar was disconnected at the time on the left side.

Wild ride.

I signed up for the Blue group at Pantera.  I probably won't lead that pack.  I figured I'd try and chase you and Carl around until I can't keep up - which may happen pretty quickly.

I need more seat time and was planning to run with the Alfa Romeo club this weekend but just got too busy with work.

See you at the track,

Dan 8)

Banzai Ben

I signed up for the blue run group too. At the previous Pantera events it's been crowded and lots of traffic so it will be hard to get many clean laps in.
I still enjoy it because it's neat to see so many different types of cars there.

Hey Dan, do you still have that 17" Kuhmo? I'm still interested if you do. Thanks.

See you guys there,

Ben

2013 SRT Viper, Race Yellow
2003 Viper Comp Coupe, GTS Blue
2005 SRT-10 Ram, Yellow Fever
2018 Hellcat Challenger, Indigo Blue

ViperX

Hey Ben,

Yes,

Remind me a couple of days before and I'll bring it.

Dan