Nov 24 & 25, 2007 Green Flag at Buttonwillow

Started by ViperX, September 13, 2007, 03:45:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ViperX

Track guys and gals,

Green Flag Racing does an event at Buttonwillow the weekend after Thanksgiving every year.  I found out about it too late last year from the Nor Cal Viper Club.  So, I'm posting it here to see if there is any interest.  Cathy and I will likely go to this one.  Buttonwillow is a very good track to learn at and is also fun for more experienced drivers.  You can drive one day or two.  For more info visit:  www.greenflagdriving.com

Dan

RayMcIntyre

Hi Dan,

I will not make this one, we have our annual family get together in Mammoth over the long Thanksgiving weekend.

However, track time would be my second choice if I wasn't already busy!

Looking forward to Nov 3 & 4 at Willow Springs, see you there.

Ray

ViperX

I just spoke with the principal at Green Flag Racing.  There are still plenty of openings for this one.  While I have not run with this group yet, Fred Kinder, one of our Nor Cal Viper track guys speaks highly of them.

The run groups are beginner, intermediate and advanced - so there should be a group for any of our guys. 

It's a self tech, so this should not be an issue for our members.  Just check your tires and fluids before leaving.

The track is being run in the #1 configuration, clockwise.  This is the best configuration and direction in my opinion.  This is a very good track to learn on.

There should be 5 sessions each day, which makes for a bunch of track time.

You can use your own lap timer if you'd like.

There is a dinner for all attendees who are interested on Saturday night (on your dime).

All things considered, this should be a fun event.

Hope to see some Vipers at this one - Cathy and I are planning to attend.

Dan <2

ViperX

Hey Gang,

This was a good event.  Lot's of track time.  It was focused more on beginners, so those of you beginners would have enjoyed this one.

Dan 8)

PCH VIPER

Glad you guys had a good time.
Trust me, I would much rather have been out there...but too many things that needed to be taken care of here.

Which direction did you guys get to go?
www.kouchicentral.com  for more viper pictures

ViperX

Hey Lance,

We ran clockwise.  This configuration, called race #1 I think, included the star mazda turn.  This made for big speed on the western part of the track only to go into a very sharp, slow right hand turn.

There were 3 racing GTS, one comp coupe, myself, Rev, Lee, Terry and 3 other Vipers at this event, 11 Vipers total.  We did get some complaints about us being too fast and aggressive in the advanced and race groups (from the Miata guys, of course!).  I'm not sure whay they don't just drop down a group if they are feeling pressured instead of complaining.

I have asked Skip to run the track clockwise in February 08 and he has agreed to do so.  It's safer that direction in my opinion.

Dan <2