Jan 18-20, 2008 - Barrett Jackson Collector Car Auction

Started by admin, August 17, 2007, 06:15:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

admin

Barrett Jackson Collector Car Auction - Jan 18-20, 2008

THERE IS A 50-CAR LIMIT FOR THIS AZ REGION EVENT AND IT'S EXPECTED TO SELL OUT SO REGISTER A.S.A.P.

Several of our Viper Club members have attended previous Barrett Jackson Collector Car Auctions.  If you aren't familiar with Barrett Jackson, here's a link to   their website: http://www.barrett-jackson.com .

Next year, Barrett Jackson will run from January 12-20, 2008.  Traditionally, some Viper Club members have attended the second Saturday as this is the day that the most unique and expensive cars are auctioned.  The Viper Club members meet at Ed Moses Dodge – 1-mile from the show – and caravan to a "premier" location, the Monterra restaurant only 10 steps from the main auction tent!  We then meet back at the restaurant for a "cowboy" style lunch.

This event is coordinated by the AZ Viper Club.  Usually, there are 50+ Vipers from around the country that make this event.  At this time, we do not know the cost of admittance to Barrett Jackson, as soon as we do, we'll let you know.

FRIDAY 9AM - Caravan to Scottsdale:

9:00 AM – Meet at the Mobil "On the Run"
              75000 Gerald Ford Drive
              Palm Desert, CA
              Cook Street Exit off of I-10

FRIDAY 3PM – Russo & Steele Auction
: http://www.russoandsteele.com/

Friday afternoon at 3PM the I have set it up for the SoCal Viper Club to attend the Russo & Steele Auction – This auction is not open to the public and the only way to attend is to have a vehicle on consignment or to be a bidder...except for us !  The Viper Club will receive UP-FRONT parking and FREE entrance to the event – I will be getting tickets for each person.  The AZ Viper Club will also have 11 cars and you'll need to caravan in with them.

SATURDAY – Barrett-Jackson

7:30 AM Meet at Ed Moses Dodge – Continental breakfast provided by Ed Moses Dodge
     7801 E. Frank Lloyd Wright Blvd., Scottsdale
     NOTE: You'll pick up your passes to the Auction and Lunch tickets here!

8:15 AM Cruise to Barrett-Jackson
     Secured - VIPER ONLY - parking in Monterra's parking lot
     WestWorld, 16601 N. Pima Rd., Scottsdale
     Security from 8:30AM to about 5:30PM

11:30 AM Western Lunch Buffet at Monterra in our own private room adjacent to main auction tent. 
     All Day Enjoy the Barrett-Jackson show

SATURDAY 7PM – Charleston's Restaurant

Dinner Saturday Night? 
     For those interested, we'll meet for dinner at Charleston's Restaurant a few miles from the hotel – "An upscale casual grill" 
     I need to know if you plan to join us so I can make reservations for the right number of people.

7PM Reservations Friday
     CHARLESTON's RESTAURANT
     (480) 563-7666
     Fax: (480) 563-7667
     http://www.charlestons.com/

Following is a list of members planning to attend and head out on Friday – Anthony Matranga will be your "Point Man" for the caravan:

Gary   Belvedere
Ron   Burke
Donald   Coe
Bruce   Conklin
Dan   Everts
John   Fuchs
Hugh   Hoard
Richard   Hollis IV
Stephanie   Izard
Jim   Kenehan
Anthony   Matranga
Richard   Owers
Richard   Palkovic
Timothy   Pavloff
Kala   Rexroad
Nino   Valmassoi
Paul   Winters

Texas_Venom

I am definately interested in attending this event. I have always wanted to go check it out. Count me in...

Nino Valmassoi

Nino and Ruth will attend.  We went to the Auction in 1997 and it was a real blast!

Kala

Corsa Track exhaust, Lightweight Flywheel, Green Filters, EBC Red Pads, AB's 1200 degree wires (Blue) SVS Shifter, MGW Gripper shift knob, Color Matched Console, MGW trim rings, Racelogic & Dave's Underdrive Pulley going on soon :D

admin

Yes Kala, there's a room for you - I'll send you a private email with the info <K

Kala

I have a friend in AZ who wrote me about a car show after BJ... Are there other plans for after the auction???

Here's what Larry wrote me in an e mail

"Weather permitting",,,,,we will be at our local car show at the Scottsdale Pavilions shopping center, from 6am until appox. 7pm, on that saturday.  That has been our tradition for the past 8 years,,,,with our close car friends,,is to attend our local show on B-J saturday.  B-J usually ends around 5pm on that saturday,,,,,and hundreds of B-J cars and spectators come over to our show after they are closing down B-J for the day at Westworld.  The Pavilions is directly south of Westworld, where B-J is held > about four miles > five to ten minutes away by taking the 101 freeway SOUTH, and exit at Indian Bend Road exit, and going west about one city block to the Pavilions center.  We'll have nearly 1000 cars over there on display.

What cha think????
Corsa Track exhaust, Lightweight Flywheel, Green Filters, EBC Red Pads, AB's 1200 degree wires (Blue) SVS Shifter, MGW Gripper shift knob, Color Matched Console, MGW trim rings, Racelogic & Dave's Underdrive Pulley going on soon :D

ViperX

Wonder how long the drive home will be - Scottsdale to OC?

Kala

Go to Mapquest for driving directions...

Divide the estimate driving hours by one half... For Viper driving time  <m

racecars

>1

about 5.5hrs plus potty stop & gas , Oh I forgot a nap  ^8 ^8 ^8>2

OGO  O O O

EXHLR8N

John Fuchs and I are going as well.

Is there going to be a caravan on Friday?
The Best Things in Life are Dangerous

ViperX

Hey Bruce,

Caravan, yes, if the group would like one - we'll try and put one together.

Cathy and I have to attend a VCA meeting on Friday, so we'll be driving out on Thursday.

See you there.

Dan <2

PCH VIPER

Here are some of the pictures Kala was kind enough to send me each day from the Barrett Jackson Auction !   ^2
www.kouchicentral.com  for more viper pictures

PCH VIPER

more pics from Barrett Jackson...........
www.kouchicentral.com  for more viper pictures

ViperX

There were some really, really nice old muscle cars at this auction.

The Russo and Steele auction wasn't bad either, though not up to B J's level yet .....

Dan