Members regular monthly or bi-monthly meeting?

Started by ViperX, July 19, 2007, 10:27:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ViperX

Hello VCA members,

I have received some requests from club members asking if we could set up a regular monthly or bi-monthly meeting.  FYI, most car clubs hold regular monthly meetings.  I'd like to ask our members for input on this subject.  The location would likely be Orange County as it is centrally located within our area or responsibility.

Other questions remain such as:

1 - Would a breakfast or dinner be best?

2 - Would a weekend or weekday meeting be better for most?  Input thus far has lead me to believe that a weekday dinner at a local restaurant with a meeting room would be best.  If so, which week day?  Mon, Tues, Wed, Thurs and are we looking to do Pizza or something like Coco's?  I know that we've been without structure for a while, so is monthly too frequent?  Would bi-monthly be better?

3 - All VCA members would be welcome to attend.

4 - At this meeting, we can disucss upcoming events along with their planning and execution, information from JR Thompson or SRT, methods of increasing membership, fund raising, ideas for future club events and other club issues.

Those of you who use this website are likely the most active in our local club.  Please take a moment and share your thoughts with me. 

We are gaining momentum and Cathy and I would like it to continue.  Besides, this will give me a chance to use that gavel that I received when I became President! <9

Thanks,

Dan  8)

PCH VIPER

I'm in !!!    ;D

A club meeting is a great idea. 
Interest and momentum are key issues to keeping our club moving forward and providing us great events to attend.

1:  Either breakfast or dinner is fine
2:  Weekday dinner is good....but my current schedule only has Tuesday evenings available.  (darn kids!  ;)  )   Sat / Sun mornings are usually pretty good as well.
3:  VCA members .... with occasional open meetings to try and get new members in.
4:  A basic agenda of items to discuss would be great.

As I'm sure previous Club Preidents have dedicated and spent a ton of time and effort running the club....Dan and Cathy have already proven that they are pure horsepower and torque.    We need to step up and help out as much as possible, because I for one, would hate to see them leave office.

Lance
www.kouchicentral.com  for more viper pictures

racecars

Damn I'm 2nd again ^4

I spent 4 years being first >1

Oh well >2 I still have the coolest name ^8

Oh Great One

AceFang

Yes, I think it is a great idea and Orange County is a great location!! >8 Count me in.
1. Either breakfast or dinner, but I lean toward dinner.
2. Weekday is best, except for Monday evening.  Perhaps we could alternate between pizza and something like Coco's.
3. Lance has a great idea...some open meetings for potential new members.
4. Agenda to include: upcoming events, comments from members who recently did upgrades, recent mechanical problems, rumors in Viperland, etc.

Thanks for all your hard work!!!

John Bennett

Vypr Phil

Sounds great, I like the idea!

Mondays and Fridays would not work for me.

Could we find something slightly more upscale than "Pizza" or Coco's?  This is going to take place in OC and I know that there are plenty of great places with enough parking to accomodate us.

Phil  :)

Vypr Phil    2005 SRT-10 Roadster - Sold

"If you are not living on the edge...you are taking up too much space"

Kala

I don't know that we would be able to attend many meetings either way...

But weekday breakfast meetings would be tough to make. That would mean leaving Ojai by 5 am or so  :o

I don't know if you guys would want me there in that state of mind, so early in the morning  ^8

Corsa Track exhaust, Lightweight Flywheel, Green Filters, EBC Red Pads, AB's 1200 degree wires (Blue) SVS Shifter, MGW Gripper shift knob, Color Matched Console, MGW trim rings, Racelogic & Dave's Underdrive Pulley going on soon :D