Main Menu

Prayers for Gary Lashinsky

Started by Vypr Phil, June 25, 2007, 10:40:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vypr Phil

Gary Lashinsky, truly a VCA VIP, had a bad crash with his Comp Coupe at Viper Days in Texas a few days ago.

On behalf of SoCal VCA and specially from our team of "track rats", our prayers and most sincere wishes for a full and speedy recovery for Gary. 

He is presently in ICU.

Our prayers also go to his wife Libby, as this is a very difficult time in her life as well.

More info about this on VCA National forum:
http://forums.viperclub.org/showthread.php?t=603665

Away from his business life, Gary's hobbies are varied and quite exciting. Not only is he a 30-year multi-engine and instrument rated pilot, he is also past national president of the Dodge "Viper Club of America." In his spare time, Gary enjoys racing his Viper Comp Coupe throughout the United States.

More Info on Gary Lashinsky:
http://www.celebrityaccess.com/news/profile.html?id=249

Vypr Phil

Vypr Phil    2005 SRT-10 Roadster - Sold

"If you are not living on the edge...you are taking up too much space"

Vypr Phil

Thanks for your prayers!

Here is an update from Libby Lashinsky, Gary's wife:

Gary is still in ICU, however they did remove his breathing tube today and he is doing very well with that. He can finally TALK a little now. They are still watching kidney function and major bruising situation but we are seeing improvements steadily. We are hoping to have him out of ICU in the next couple of days and into a regular room, at least that's what we are praying right now.

I also want to clairfy something that I saw posted regarding his belts. On the Pace Lap, his right shoulder belt came unhooked. I was on the radio with him and we were preparing for him to come in to have it taken care of, he radioed me back and said he had it fastened and was good to go. There is no doubt in my mind that it was securely hooked or he would have come in. To the best of my knowledge there were no further problems with the belts and in fact one of the DR.'s in the ER indicated to me Saturday evening that it was a very good thing that he had ALL of the safety equipment he had and that it "ALL DID IT'S JOB, otherwise we would not be here talking...you (me) would be visiting ANOTHER area of the hospital"

I feel very strongly that with the injuries he did have, had his HANS and belts not been secured properly his injuries would have been much much worse.

Thank you all for your thoughts and prayers, just don't stop yet please.

Libby Lashinsky

AlbertFattal

ARTIFICIAL INTELLIGENCE & BLOCKCHAIN
Science, Technology & Society
Computer Information Systems

https://AlbertFattal.com/

https://www.linkedin.com/in/albertfattal/

Newport Viper

Quote from: AlbertFattal on June 26, 2007, 04:07:59 AM
*Prayer*

I knew Gary and Libby, when I was in the Orlando Viper club, many years ago. Looks like good news. Keep us updated!
04 SRT-10

Vypr Phil

Everybody, Thanks for your prayers and good thoughts!

Good news from Gary and Libby Lashinsky:

GREAT NEWS!!!!! They released Gary from the hospital today and we are back at the Hotel, he is extremely tired but so HAPPY to be out of the hospital. This throat/voice are still very sore and he can barely talk over a whisper, but is still trying to be "in charge"....LOL on that one right now! If all goes well tonight, we will drive back to Houston sometime tomorrow and fly home Saturday morning. He has to see his regular Dr. Monday or Tuesday and his Cardiologist ASAP just to be on the safe side and to follow up on the blood clot. His Cardiologist told us today that his recovery has been absolutely incredible and that he had fully expected him to be in ICU for a week.

I have no doubt that a lot of his recovery is due to his determination and every bit as much to all of the prayers and thoughts that you have all passed on to both of us. We can never fully express how much it has meant and does mean to us. Don't give them up for us just yet, but thanks for all of them so far. I may not post an update tomorrow, but definitely will once we get home Saturday.

THANK YOU ALL!!!!
Libby Lashinsky

Vypr Phil

Hey everybody, more great news,

Gary is back at home:

It's Saturday afternoon and we are home in ORLANDO.....YEAH!!!! Gary is VERY tired, swollen, bruised and his voice is still not back, but boy is nice to be home. He has a Dr. appointment Monday morning, follow up and check on the clot. He is able to move around mostly own his own although very slowly and we did have a wheelchair in both airports that made it easier on both of us.

He & I both are very very thankful and grateful to you all for all the prayers and thoughts and sends (mostly sign language right now) and send his best to you all. We hope to make it to Viper Days for Finals, he won't be driving yet though.

He really is a great guy, and not just because he's mine, but somehow he managed before we got home to have flowers delivered for me to say How much he appreciated me...needless to say I got a little teary eyed!

I will keep you posted as needed and he will be answering some of the e-mail's sent to him in the next few days as he feels up to it.

I will never be able to tell you how much all of you and support has meant to me.....THANK YOU!!!!
Libby Lashinsky

OriginalRoot

I Like Happy Endings... .. . It sounds like He is on the mend! :) joel

Vypr Phil

Hey everybody,

Finally a few words from Gary Lashinsky himself:

To All My Viper Friends:

I can't tell you how much your prayers and concerns mean to me. I know Libby has kept you abreast on my recovery. I took a pretty big hit in Texas. Thank god for all the saftey built into the Viper Comp. Coupe. It saved my life. It will be a couple of monthe before I am back to near 100%, I have lots of pain and swelling from the impact of the concrete wall.

Libby is the greatest. I am blessed with her and yes, I am listeneing to her! Thank all you. The Viper/Viper Days family is important to both Libby and me and we love and appreciate all of your concerns and prayers.

For you guys out there running your stock or modified street Viper on the track, get a HANS Device, roll bar, six point harness, race seat and use them for your safety.

God Bless all of you!

Gary

AlbertFattal

ARTIFICIAL INTELLIGENCE & BLOCKCHAIN
Science, Technology & Society
Computer Information Systems

https://AlbertFattal.com/

https://www.linkedin.com/in/albertfattal/