Viper Track Day at Willow Springs with TCRA, Sept 22 & 23, 2007

Started by ViperX, May 31, 2007, 05:35:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ViperX

Hey California Guys,

I'm trying to put together a Viper track event at Willow Springs on September 22 and 23 with the TCRA. TCRA also offers class room training and in car instructors for beginners.

If we can get 20 or more cars signed up, we can get our own run group. Also, if we can get enough interest, we can set up a group dinner on Saturday night.

Please respond here if you're interested.
Thanks, Dan <2

ATTACHED ARE THE NECESSARY T.C.R.A. FORMS

We've rented garage #4 for our Viper group - give you a place to hang your helmet, get out of the sun, etc.  Recommend bringing a chair or two and maybe something cold to drink.

HOTEL INFORMATION

Best Western Antelope Valley Inn - WSRaceway rate $79 per night (other rates begin at $109)
44055 Sierra Highway
Lancaster, CA 93534-4412
Phone: 661-948-4651 - tell them you're going to Willow Springs Raceway

Included in rate, raceway guests receive:
  Free buffet breakfast
  Two free happy-hour drinks

Click here for LINK to Hotel.

Click here for MAP from Hotel to Track.

Banzai Ben

2013 SRT Viper, Race Yellow
2003 Viper Comp Coupe, GTS Blue
2005 SRT-10 Ram, Yellow Fever
2018 Hellcat Challenger, Indigo Blue

ViperX

Hey Ben,

I think Ray MacIntyre and Carl Atwood are in too.  Greg Killingsworth is planning to be there.

Dave Cawthorn will be there too.  Still trying to get some more Vipers there.

Dan 8)

ViperX

All,

I just checked the average temperatures for the end of September at Willow Springs.  Average high in the mid 80's, average low in the mid 50's.

If we get "average" temperatures, we should have very good driving conditions.

Dan 8)

catwood

Dang...looks like I'm probably out...wifes out of town on business that weekend.

Quote from: ViperX on June 04, 2007, 09:26:18 AM
Hey Ben,

I think Ray MacIntyre and Carl Atwood are in too.  Greg Killingsworth is planning to be there.

Dave Cawthorn will be there too.  Still trying to get some more Vipers there.

Dan 8)

RayMcIntyre

It appears that I am in for that weekend.
Hopefully no schedule fluctuations come up.
I will be hoping for those 'average' temps as you mention Dan.

Ray

ViperX

Hey Ray,

Me too on the "average temps". 

Congrats on being named an instructor for West Coast Racing.  They run a good event.

We should try to get a group to that one in November at Willow Springs.

Dan <2

black beauty

I wanna go too!  I'll get Dave to take me racing for my B-day! 

ViperX

black beauty

More like a romp!  I'll get that supercharger to kick in!!  Looking forward to it...Paul & Pam Winters are definately interested in going also.

black beauty

Hey Mr. President!  Dave & I & Paul & Pam Winters want to go to Willow Springs this Sept.  What do we need to do to sign up?  How many other vipers are going? 

ViperX

Go to the TCRA - Touring Car Racing Association website and check it out.  www.touringcarclub.com 

You will need to follow the directions on their site.

Not sure how many Vipers so far, I'm guessing about 10 or so as of today.

Dan <2

p.s. - I just posted the hotel information in the first post so you can make your hotel reservations.  Also, the necessary TCRA forms are there.  Cathy <1 <1

black beauty

Unfortunately,  ^4 it looks like we won't be going racing.  We found out that #5 cylinder is out, so we won't be doing any track racing til we get that taken care of.  But when we do, look out!  <2  And...we'll have a few more horses, too!  <3

RayMcIntyre

Unfortunately for me, I am not likely to make this event, which sucks, I was looking forward to it.
However, I have signed up for November with Pantera Club.
I will let you know if anything changes for me.
Have Fun!

Ray