TCRA at Willow Springs on May 26 & 27

Started by ViperX, May 03, 2007, 09:37:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ViperX

Hey track guys,

The Touring Car Racing Association will be at Willow Springs on May 26 & 27.  They run events much like Viper Days.  Classroom sessions with instructors for beginners, time trials for intermediate drivers and a race group for the really fast guys. 

Prices are very reasonable at $275.00 for 2 day time trials.  Transponders are available for those who want to know their lap times.

Several years ago, we had so many Vipers running with the TCRA that we had our own run groups.

For more info, go to TCRA @ www.touringcarclub.com

The weather is forecast to be mid 80's during the day and mid 50's at night.  It will soon be too warm at WS for me, so I hope to see some of you at the track.

Dan 8)

RayMcIntyre

Dan,

I am still on the fence, however as hot as I am expecting it to be there and a 3 day weekend and all, I will probably pass on this one.
I will let you know if anything changes.

Having the new rear end installed today, finally.

Ray

ViperX

Hi Ray,

I was a bit worried about the heat too.  When I checked the averages for the track on that weekend (weather channel on line for Rosamond), the average high is supposed to be 85 F, the average low is supposed to be 55 F.  If this comes true, it should be nice.  I'm planning on driving Saturday and Sunday, so it'll be nice to have Monday off.  Either way, this will likely be my last track event until fall.  Buttonwillow gets pretty warm in the summer too.

Greg Killingsworth is coming along with his son and perhaps his girlfriend.  He's bringing his GTS and a race prepped Toyota MR2.

Not sure of anyone else yet.

Dan 8)

PS  Glad to hear you are getting the diff taken care of.  Did you get a new 08 style diff (Ricardo) or the older one (hydro-lok)?

RayMcIntyre

Dan,

According to Dan Cragin, it is a newly updated older model with some improvements, but he did not know what specifically.

As far as Willow on Memorial Day, my daughter has a volleyball tournament Sat and Sun, so I will not be attending.

As you mention, that will probably be it until Fall for track events.

See you at the Petersen tour.

Cheers, Ray