Main Menu

OTR at Willow Springs on May 9.

Started by ViperX, April 25, 2007, 01:24:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ViperX

Hey Track Guys,

Same story.  Not too many cars, three run groups, instructors available, low price, 5 sessions of 30 minutes each on Wednesday May 9.

Any interest?

Dan 8)

catwood

I'm in.  Either on street tires or freshly used Toyo's.  Hopefully this time with no wind

ViperX

Hey Carl,

I'd really like to go.  Got to work.

Have fun.

Dan

catwood

I hate it when work gets in the way.

Anyone else going?

kurohara

I'll be there in the yellow group. I'll be leaving from Westlake Village early Wednesday morning.

Jon

catwood

Ron W aka SoCal Rebel will be up instructing.  Get him to go a session if you can.  Not sure where I'll be pitting.  I'll be up there with a white camero, and an orange C6 Vette (brand new).  If you need and assistance let me know. 

Quote from: kurohara on May 05, 2007, 12:47:03 PM
I'll be there in the yellow group. I'll be leaving from Westlake Village early Wednesday morning.

Jon

racecars

Well <1 I'll be having a few ::) in Monterey <1

Have fun 8)

Oh Great One  ^9 ^9 ^9

catwood

Great day, although hot.

Best of 1:33.2. 

Jon...how's the tranny?

RayMcIntyre

Fast time 1:33.2.
What kind of car, mods, race tires?
Just wondering.
thanks, Ray

catwood

2000 GTS pretty close to stock.  i do have Belinger headers, adjustable coil over shocks and 40MM rear calipers.   My car currently runs prepared in Viperdays but I could easily bump back to Super Stock and may for Reno. 

I was on used Toyo's and my track rims (forgeline).

Had a passenger also.  Ran fast time in the 3rd session after we all got black flagged while they towed a broken car off.  Ran a bunch or real low 34s.

Rossi ran a 29 in an SRT10 on Pilots in the first session then parked it.

Carl

ViperX

Hey Carl,

Sounds like the Toyos worked pretty well.  Are you still using the same tire guy?

Dan 8)

catwood

Quote from: ViperX on May 10, 2007, 03:19:38 PM
Hey Carl,

Sounds like the Toyos worked pretty well.  Are you still using the same tire guy?

Dan 8)

Yes. 

I was able to build enough speed the car was pushing in 8 and coming off 2.  Got worse as the tires got hot.  I saw tire temps over 200 a couple of times. 

I only recorded one session with the data logger.  (user error-idiot)  My passenger saw 140s on the front straight and high 130 in 8 many many times.  I did a little better carrying my speed around 8 and braking more abrubly into 1.   

ViperX

ViperX

Still pushing with 305's?  Must have been going fast!