New Member to Socal...need some help

Started by GoCanes1, April 23, 2007, 04:22:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GoCanes1

I just relocated to SoCal from Texas and am excited about getting together for some events.  My family and I just moved to Irvine and now I need some help.  It appears that the laws for emmissions as you all know are SIGNIFICANTLY stronger than in Texas.  I have a 97 GTS with a Roe Supercharger and it is going to be hell for me to pass (no cats).  I know that this is a wierd thing to ask with my first post but I am kinda stuck here.  Anyone have any recomendations on where to go?

Thanks,
Mike

Vypr Phil

Hi Michael, ^6

Welcome to SoCal VCA! <1

For your Viper maintenace and emission situation, contact our local "Rock Star" Viper Technician and Viper business owner, Dan Cragin at DC performance (310) 841-6996.

Web: http://www.dcperformance.com/viper.htm

Hope this helps, and look forward to meet you soon!

Phil 8)
Vypr Phil    2005 SRT-10 Roadster - Sold

"If you are not living on the edge...you are taking up too much space"

ViperX

Hey Mike,

Welcome to so Cal.  You'll love the weather.  You may find some of our laws a bit tougher to swallow.

If you don't have plans for Sunday morning, come on out to our brunch at Dukes.  You'll get to talk to a few local Viper guys who have likely had the same issue.  Click on the "Next Event" and follow the links.

You may also want to contat Todd at A & C Performance, one of our vendors - check the vendor section for contact info.  Todd just sold a GTS with a Roe blower.  He may know how to best handle this.

Dan 8)

GoCanes1

Thanks for the info.  Iwould love to make it out to the Duke's run, but we have a 3 and 4 year old and getting our nanny on a Sunday morning is tough.  The next time there is a Saturday event though we should be able to make it.  I will contact both people and see what happens.  The weather is great out here, I actually went to high school out here.  Just wish it wasn't so damn expensive, but then again Houston was inexpensive but a terrible place to live.  Look forward to meeting everyone and seeing the cars.

Mike

NK BREKR

Welcome Mike, hope you're able to make it out to some of the great events that are lined up.

ViperX

Hey Mike,

FYI, there is a regular Saturday morning impromptu car show at the Ford Performance Automotive Group, known as the "PAG".  It starts at 7:00 AM every Saturday morning and runs until about 9:00 AM.  Some of us will likely make it this Saturday, April 28.  If you're free, come on down.

The PAG is just south of the 5 Fwy near Alton in Irvine.  Go south on Alton and turn right on Gateway.  Follow the cars.

We'll be in the black SRT-10.

Dan 8)

GoCanes1

Thanks, I will have to try and make that.  The PAG is only about 2 miles from my house.

Texas_Venom

Ahhh a fellow Texan. Welcome to the club and looking forward to meeting you.