SRT Track Experience comes to Fontana in July

Started by ViperX, April 06, 2007, 12:21:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ViperX

Hey Group,

The SRT Track Experience is coming to Fontana, CA on July 19, 20, 21 & 22, 2007. 

We just signed up for the Friday July 20 Event.  If you have an SRT vehicle that was ordered after April 1, 2005 or if you own a 2006 / 2007 model SRT product, you can attend one of these events at no cost.  For all others, the cost is only $500.00 for the one day sessions.  Instructors are from the Richard Petty Driving Experience.

For more info go to:  www.driveSRT.com

See you at the track.

Dan 8)

ViperX

Reminder,

The SRT Track expeprience will be here this week!

Dan 8)

ViperX

To all SRT product owners, including Viper owners of course.

Cathy and I attended the SRT Experience as posted above.  It was fun and those of you who qualify to do this for free, really should do it.

The day was organized into 4 modules as follows:

The first module for us was a "drag race" competition.  We drove SRT8 Chargers, 300Cs, Jeeps and Magnums.  We also drove SRT6 Crossfires.  A pro drag racers "tree" was set up and "like" car models raced against each other for about 1/8th mile.  I managed to win this competition and was later awarded a prize of 3 laps in a Nascar car with the Richard Petty Driving School.  I even beat my instructor (I have drag raced before).  The fastest of the cars was by far the Jeep SRT8.

The second module was driving the infield road course in a "lead / follow" with an instructor in the lead.  This was fun too.  I drove the SRT8 Chargers, 300c's and the Magnum.  While these big cars aren't Vipers, they really handle well for their size and weight.  You can slide them around corners without much effort - I did.  Chasing your instructor is fun too.

The third module was car control.  Think of this as an autocross without the timer but with an instructor in the Viper with you.  I had some fun on this one as the pavement was a bit rocky and loose, so I intentionally slid the Viper several times and then recovered the slide, to the amazement of my instructor.

Our final module was a timed autocross that was run in SRT6 Crossfires.  These little cars are very quick and nimble.  Our group time was second best out of 4 groups of 15 drivers each.

I was the only Viper owner attendee on this day.  What really surprised me is how the SRT8 Charger guys and the Jeep SRT8 guys all seemed to know each other and hung together.  They also mod their cars and were a different but interesting group to talk to.

Breakfast, lunch, drinks and snacks were included.  Helmets were provided (or you could bring your own).

If you haven't done this, you really should.

Dan ^2

Lawrenzo

I attended the event on Thursday.  Had a very fun time as well.  I was 1 of 2 Vipers there that day.

How did you do in the individual autocross.  I suprised myself and turned in the quickest time of the day at a 29.554, only to "box out" at the end of the run which tacked on an extra 5 seconds ^4.  I thought ol' Ricky of the Shake and Bake team was going to throttle me for that little mistep.

Another nice spiff for buying my Copperhead(got the free trip to germany as well!)

ViperX

Funny, I "boxed out" on my fastest run too but can't remember my time.