Main Menu

April 18th - ACRA at WSIR

Started by admin, March 21, 2007, 08:25:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

admin

Reminder: The early enrollment deadline is April 8th.

If you sign up early the price is $145.  If you sign up with in 10 days of the event the price is $170 and if you sign up at the track the price is $195. 

American Car Racing Association at Willow Springs International Raceway - Wednesday April 18th

Hey Racers,

Our next  event will be on Wednesday April 18th, 2007 at Willow Springs on the Big Track.  The track day will be held in the same fashion as all of our  other events.  There will be 3 run groups (beginning, intermediate and advanced).  Each run group will be given 5 Thirty minute sessions (that's 2.5 hours of track time!!).  There will be on track and classroom  instruction.  An all you can eat BBQ Lunch and a custom shirt is  included.  The discounted price is $145 per driver if you sign up before early enrollment deadline.  If you sign up within 10 days of the event the price is $170 per driver and if you pay at the track the price is $195.  It is free to watch and  ride along and extra lunches for spectators are $10, so bring out your friends  and family.

Vypr Phil

Count me in! 8)

Really look forward to this event. ;D

Will Terry Rossi be one of the instructors? ???

Pardon my ignorance, what does ACRA stand for? :o

Vypr Phil    2005 SRT-10 Roadster - Sold

"If you are not living on the edge...you are taking up too much space"

ViperX

Hey Phil,

I'm going to try and make this one too depending on the weather.  Perhaps we can get a few more Viper guys.

ACRA = American Car Racing Association.  A small independent group that rents the track.  Usually a bunch of car types there.  Porches, Vettes, Hondas, Mitsubishi's, Mustangs, etc.  I call the Viper "food".

Terry is for hire at $500.00 for the day.  Call him if you'd like.

They usually have instructors but they're no where near the caliber of the Viper Days instructors.

Perhaps Carl Atwood will make this one.  He's very good on this track.  Ben Kawata is fast too.  Maybe Ray McIntrye can make this one.  Ray is one of the best instructors I've had in my car.

We'll have to post this and see who is interested.

Dan 8)

Vypr Phil

Thanks for the info Dan!

Hopefully Ray McIntyre will be there too.

Will call Terry and see if he will be available that day.

After my "Viper Days Initiation", I cannot wait to be back on another track.

Buttonwillow was fantastic! 

For those of you out there who have not participated in "Viper Days",

let me assure you that you are missing a very important part of Viper ownership:

finding out your car's limit as well as your own in a safe environment and under

the supervision and guidance of top notch instructors.

In retrospect, sorry that I waited so long to do it myself, but came away from it with a new level

of confidence in my car as well as in my ability to control it under any circumstance, not to mention an unquenchable

desire to spend as much track time in my car as my busy schedule allows me.

catwood

I hope to make it.  I need to follow up with some work on the car but that should get done this weekend.

Carl

ViperX

I just signed up and sent the money to ACRA. 8)

I need to get some work done on my GTS too.

Hope to see you there.

Dan

PS  Greg K just called and said he will make this one.

Hey Phil, any luck getting a hold of Terry Rossi?  Greg K may be willing to split the $$$'s with you if you'd like.

Vypr Phil

Hi Dan,

No, I have not contacted Terry yet as the purchase of my new property up North is taking up a lot of the little free time I have these days.

If I go, yes, more than willing to split the cost with Greg K.

Thanks for thinking about me on this! 8)

ViperX

Hey Phil,

Hope you can break away.

Dan 8)

Vypr Phil

Dan,

I will know for sure if yes or no by this coming Wednesday. ???

Will be up North this coming Sunday through Wednesday, April 4th. <6

Banzai Ben

I think I will go to this one too. I went to the Alltime Racing track event on March 29th and there were only 18 cars so we got lots of track time. So much that I got worn out and left early. I used about two tanks of gas on the track alone! This event will probably have many more cars. See you guys there.

Ben
2013 SRT Viper, Race Yellow
2003 Viper Comp Coupe, GTS Blue
2005 SRT-10 Ram, Yellow Fever
2018 Hellcat Challenger, Indigo Blue

ViperX

Hey Ben,

Cool.  I'll bring that new 17" Kumho with me if you have a way to get it home.

Let me know.

Dan 8)

Banzai Ben

Dan,

That would be great, thank you very much. I think it will fit in the passenger seat if I don't bring too much stuff with me.

See you at the track.

Ben
2013 SRT Viper, Race Yellow
2003 Viper Comp Coupe, GTS Blue
2005 SRT-10 Ram, Yellow Fever
2018 Hellcat Challenger, Indigo Blue

RayMcIntyre

Wow, I am really glad to see how more people are getting hooked regarding track time with their Viper.
This does sound like fun, and I am very disappointed that I will not be able to make it!

Dan, thanks for the nice comment about my instructing, however, I think I was the lucky one who rode with you just before everything clicked and you started turning some of your best times...

Wish I could be there!

Ray McIntyre

catwood

Should be fun although a little warm and perhaps windy.

I'll be towing up late Tuesday night.  See ya all there.

Carl

ViperX

Hey Carl,

Glad you can make it.  I bought a Performance Box from Racelogic.  I haven't used it yet, but it is GPS based and will give the user lap times, speeds around the track at various points, acceleration, braking etc.  Perhpas I could persuade you to try it for a session so that I can compare your speeds at various points around the track with mine.  I'll be glad to send you the data if you'd like it.  Maybe I could pick up a second or two.

See you there,

Hey Ray,

Too bad you can't make this one.  Thanks for your help.  Let's keep an eye on the events at Willow and Buttonwillow and try to schedule another weekend before it gets too hot.

Dan 8)