Main Menu

Viper Days March 2007 Pictures

Started by PCH VIPER, March 18, 2007, 09:21:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PCH VIPER

Viper Days came to ButtonWillow Raceway again this month.
The weather was perfect and the drivers had a great time running the track clockwise ( in Feb we ran it counter clockwise)

Here are a few of the pictures.....    The rest of them are posted as usual at   www.kouchicentral.com

Dan & Cathy rented a garage so that the SoCal Club members had a place to hang out.

Cathy hard at work as usual.  Everyone should be grateful for all the behind the scenes stuff that they do for OUR club !

We even had a vicious watch dog.

Skip Thomas.....He does a great job teaching us about our cars and how to drive it.

Track time was awesome....with NO car casualties !

Skip and I at the Viper Days Banquet

www.kouchicentral.com  for more viper pictures

EXHLR8N

Hey Lance .... great pics, as usual!  The comments are great.  You must of had fun at the banquet.
The Best Things in Life are Dangerous

PCH VIPER

I had fun the ENTIRE day....and I didn't even get out on the track  :)

It was fun to watch you guys going round and round, learning and getting better with each session.

You should have stayed for the Dinner !!  Your name was pulled in the drawing, but you had to be present to win.
Too bad to, cause you would have won a full set of HRE's with tires of your choice  :o  plus a complete suspension upgrade and free car washes from Yo Great One for a year !!!!!   ;D

See ya on the 31st !

EXHLR8N

Forget about the HRE's etc.

I wanted the free car wash's from the Great One (or is it the Ole' One?).

Glad you had a good time!

Banzai Ben

Nice pics Lance. It looks like everyone had a great time. I wish I could've been there with you guys.

I'm going to Willow Springs on March 29th for a open track event. Any other Vipers interested in going? There's still room for a few more cars.

Ben
2013 SRT Viper, Race Yellow
2003 Viper Comp Coupe, GTS Blue
2005 SRT-10 Ram, Yellow Fever
2018 Hellcat Challenger, Indigo Blue

ViperX

Hey Lance,

Nice photos as usual. 

I especially like that photo of the red GTS with the silver stripes passing the Corvette and the Porsche.  Brings back memories of the corner that followed!

Dan 8)

PS  Hey Ben, Yes we all improved a bunch.  Also, I managed to acquire one brand new Kumho Ecsta V-700 in 335 x 35 x 17.  Want it?

AlbertFattal

LOOOOVE the shots, thanks Lance, I can now say that I have virtually been to the event! wewt

ARTIFICIAL INTELLIGENCE & BLOCKCHAIN
Science, Technology & Society
Computer Information Systems

https://AlbertFattal.com/

https://www.linkedin.com/in/albertfattal/

Banzai Ben

Hi Dan,

Yes, I'm interested in the Kumho tire. Can you email or call me so we can work out the details?

Is that you passing the vette? Is he giving you the finger? Awesome pic! What happened at the following corner?

Thanks,

Ben

PCH VIPER

Quote from: 2thdoc on March 20, 2007, 12:54:17 PM
Is he giving you the finger? Awesome pic!
;D  ;D  ;D

I thought I had more pictures in this series of Dan BLOWING by the Porsche and the Vette just before the big turn down the front straight.

I'm betting that was close to a white knuckle turn  ;)

Luckily he didn't end up like this guy   :o

ViperX

Hey Ben and Lance,

Ben, call me on the Viper line regarding the 17-inch Kumho when you get free.  949-600-7244.

Yes, that's me passing the Vette and Porsche in my GTS.  The pass was made a bit late as these guys really didn't want a Viper to pass them, so I went into the next turn, the one just before the straightaway, a bit hot.  Yes, it got my attetion but all ended well and I was on to making my next pass.  The Kumhos made a big difference in my comfort level this time around.

My best time last weekend was 2:14.2, so I made a good improvement over last time.  I was pretty sick at the previous BW event.  Rookie driver Phil Waltert recorded a 2:25, very good for his first time at the track in a Viper.  I think Bruce got down to 2:18, also very good and David Green ran 2:11 something on the last day to beat most of us out.  David did have a rough weekend, he went off at least three times.  I think he'll be buying a set of 18's and Kumhos soon.

The weather was a bit warm in the afternoon, 92-95 degrees F, and all of the cars ran a bit warmer than normal but everyone seemed to have fun.  The banquet was fun too.

Skip plans to return to the West Coast at least three times next year, so save your pennies and come out with us. 

Viper Days will be at Reno in September.  If we can get enough interest, maybe we can caravan?  We'll see, Reno is kinda far but is a brand new facility with something like 23 turns.

Cathy and I will likely make the Ford PAG car show this Saturday morning, go to breakfast and then come home and get cranking on the next magazine.

Dan 8)

Banzai Ben

Wow!, You guys are getting faster! Great driving.

Is it just me or does that Porsche look like a Volkswagen Beetle?

I agree, the R-compound Kumhos make a big difference. They stick so much better.

What's the Ford PAG show? Never been to it. I was thinking about going to the Super Chevy event this weekend at California Speedway in Fontana.

Ben

EXHLR8N

Dan has made me a believer.  I think a set of Forgeline 18's are in my future.

ViperX

Hey Bruce,

Forgelines or SSR comps.  Either wheel will work well for you.  The SSR's are lighter and cheaper but not quite as flashy.  Just stick with 18's for the track whatever you choose.  You'll need an ebrake relocation kit, about $75.00.  Much better tire selection with 18's, including Kumhos, Toyos, Hoosiers, BFG's, Goodyears, etc. and drag radials if you ever choose to go there. 

I recommend you call JonB at PartsRack and tell him the So Cal VCA sent you.

Dan 8)

PS  That Porsche does look like a beetle!