DC Parts Friday Flashes-2/23/2007 part 2

Started by Lyle, February 23, 2007, 03:22:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lyle

DEAD PEDAL 1992-2002 VIPER

DC Parts has released another Race Track Generated Product (RT/GP).
The lack of a "Dead Pedal" has been an ongoing complaint
about the Viper since its inception.

With the long footwell tunnel there just isn't anywhere to put your left foot. This can be a big annoyance on the street or the track.

DC Parts has released their "Billit" Dead Pedal with Metal Adjustable bracket, giving the Racers a solid platform for their foot, during competition or long drives.
Please contact Dan at [email protected] or Lyle at [email protected]

DC Parts Club Price: $189.95

DC Performance Inc./DC Parts
3370 S Livonia Ave., Los Angeles CA 90034
310-841-6996 Tel
310-841-6496 Fax/Order

Newport Viper

04 SRT-10

ViperX

Hey Lyle,

I think I'll have to have one of these.  Any pictures of one installed?  How is it installed?  Do you remove the existing kick panel or do you drill through it?

Thanks for the info.

If you can, have Tony bring one with him to the HRE wheel event.

Thanks,

Dan 8)

Lyle

Dan,
Sorry for the delayed response.  I do have a picture of the dead pedal installed and how it's mounted.
STEP 1 
Pull back carpet from inside of left footwell and remove approx 8 inches worth.  You will have to scrape the insulation off the carpet as the insulation is glued to the carpet, by doing this you will be gaining a half an inch of more foot room in you footwell.
STEP 2
Remove this piece, be careful to keep shims in order for easy reinstallation                                  .
STEP 3
Drill 2 .25 inch holes in place as per instructions on picture.
STEP 4
locate holes in inner footwell and cut a small slit in carpet for bolts to slip through, next insert supplied bolt through Hole A.  Outside of footwell, fit slotted hole of Dead pedal assembly over bolt end and loosley tighten nut.  Next push other supplied bolt through round hole in assembly fit through carpet and push through footwell wall hole B, tighten nut on from outside. Next fully tighten nut at Hole A. Now you can adjust your pedals and adjust you dead pedal for angle/height and comfort, it is best to place dead pedal at approx .125 inches or so above height of clutch pedal.